main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SCOTLAND UNITE

Discussion in 'Archive: Scotland' started by Failed_I_Have, Nov 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    [face_talk_hand]

:p

Now I know why Longshanks invaded you in the first place.

2. Failed_I_Have

Failed_I_Have Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2005
    Myself and my good friend knowlesy would love to meet the posters here.

but we are edinburgers, so going to glasgow could be a mission

3. Obi_wan_Kenowlesy

Obi_wan_Kenowlesy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 23, 2005
    Would I balls like to meet ppl from this board.
    Dinae try and stick my arse in this meeting.[face_shame_on_you]

4. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    :rolleyes:

U had an appology and assurance that it was all ment in jest. Honestly I can't believe that the Frence took this in better humor than (some of) the Scots.

If you're no longer interested in forming ties with the ppl on this board then why are you still here?

And I donno why you're making this into a personal battle between you and Tim. Sure he was our General in this particular invasion, But he wasn't the only invader neither.

5. Obi_wan_Kenowlesy

Jul 23, 2005
    I am not here to make pals with people.I am simply here to laugh at dank donks pish taking

Tim well he made it personal himself when he saidDon't make us go Flodden on your butts again skirtwearers! Remember what happened last time you wanted all the haggis to yourselves (then again you can keep those pesky free-ranging ferrets ).

alot of ***** that was not at all needed.

EDIT: No flaming

6. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Not that you type any eh?

LMAO.

7. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001

:rolleyes: I feel sorry for whoever ends up as your CR since you've managed to single handedly kill these boards. Insult anyone willing to come over here and get to know it ppl. All they'll have left to be CR for is a daft little kid with nothing better to do than pretend to be (donno actually, What are you menna be?) when mummy lets him on the net.

8. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Maybe he should ask Santa for a sense of humour for Christmas ;)

And a spell checker :D

9. MrDankDonk

MrDankDonk Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2001
    // sigh

we've NEVER had more than three or four gen-u-ine regular scottish based posters - and one of the best of them was Greek.

what Knorrsy and Males-I-Love have so far failed to appreciate is that the reputation of the Scots board as a stronghold of wit and rebellion has been built on years of banter with visitors from England, Yankland and Canada.

Without all those visitors, we'd be bugger all.

Recently, the mods have asked me several times whether the Scottish board could be amalgamated with another UK board. I've always fiercely resisted, arguing that, while we don't have a mass of new posts every day, what we have is quality. Better one good joke a week than all that 'hello how r u, I lik Star wars' dross that boosts the post count elsewhere.

However, my opinion on this matter may change if I have to type one more of these dull lecturey fudging posts giving the youngsters history lessons that they shopuld have figured out for themselves by now.

I'm off to the grown-up boards now, to have cyber-fun with ALL of yir maws.

love
    Uncle Dankie

10. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    [face_laugh]

Take notes Kenowlesy, that is how it's done.

11. Obi_wan_Kenowlesy

Jul 23, 2005
    EDIT: No flaming

12. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Um, I think he means the fact that most people can spell a tad better than you when they were 6. :p

13. Obi_wan_Kenowlesy

Jul 23, 2005
    nah dinae think so uv taken this too far and too personal anaw woop dae dooo somebody is not very good at spelling daft words.People are not allowed mistakes are they fanny baws?
    Computers are *** things.I dont look at the keyboard when I type and a could nae give a ***** at how my spelling is on a daft wee board.

14. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Well, how do you think non-native English speakers like Kebab-Boy will feel when they come back here and don't understand a word of anything that being said?

(Note: I'm joking :p )

15. MrDankDonk

MrDankDonk Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2001
  16. Obi_wan_Kenowlesy

Jul 23, 2005
    Its a scottish board,they should nae be on it if they dont expect the patter[face_shhh]

17. Obi_wan_Kenowlesy

Jul 23, 2005
    EDIT: No flaming and no posting PMs without the sender's permission

18. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Um, posting PM's without express permission of the one who PM'd you can also get you banned.

19. Jedi_Jimbo

Jedi_Jimbo Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2004
    Guys, c'mon chill.
    It was a harmless joke.
    Let it go.

20. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Dear Uncle Dankie

=D=

Couldn't agree more, and Scotland should NEVER be amalgamated. I hope that posters like you have your own home for as long as our hosts keep these boards up. No matter what is mistakenly thought, I side with Scotland every time a real threat to your identity or independance occurs. Scotland is a beautiful land, a great history and a brave people (shame about burning Appleby down to the ground in the 14thc, but its been a while and I can forgive now lol) ... can I have it back?? :p Seriously, you have a lot to be proud of, and you also seem to have more Scottish actors in the Star Wars films than North UK, so I am jealous :D

:p
    I swear by the Stone of Scone that I'll never post one of those again too ;)

21. go-away

go-away Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2003
    MacCaffrey is one of the laid back mods and a really nice fella. If he's given you a warning then maybe, just maybe, you should take the hint. That way you won't get banned - simple ain't it!

*goes back to lurk mode*

22. Failed_I_Have

Failed_I_Have Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2005
    And the topic lives on...so much for timbolton never coming back eh?

EDIT: No flaming. What part of that do you NOT understand?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.