main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Scotland's Pub

Discussion in 'Archive: Scotland' started by PadawanSDM, Jul 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrDankDonk

MrDankDonk Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2001
    morning morning

the edinburgh festival is a very special event, where a million london stage school ****ers descend upon edinburgh to show off.

in the streets, normal people are outnumbered three-to-one by jugglers, mime-artists and ***** on stilts.

in the pubs and clubs, no corner is too small for some tube to stage a production of Hamlet, performed entirely by cunningly disguised male genitals.

and I am not, for a change, exaggerating.

that said, the festival is always worth a visit, but only a short visit, before you snap and start kicking people's stilts out from under them.

2. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Although it sounds fun, I'm glad I'm not there right now. I would be very much tempted to play "Pelt the mime with rotten tomatoes."

So umm have I mentioned lately how much I can't wait to go over. 26 days! And I'll have a nice send off because it seems that both FF and Snow Patrol are going to be in the US while I'm over there; fortunately, Snow Patrol will be in Chicago the week before I leave. I guess it would be better to see them here, running the risk of them selling out.

Bartender, a "blacksmith" please!

3. Stormtrooper_fan

Stormtrooper_fan Jedi Master star 5

Aug 23, 2003
    I keep meaning to go to the Edinburgh festival but never quite make it... now I have an excuse to go as there's an extra attraction up that way by way of a sexy fella*... and snapping out stilts from under people sounds like WAAAAAY to much fun to miss :D

* Apart from Mr DD :p

4. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    Well today I got some semi-frivolous but nice news. My favorite radio station here at home have now finally added Franz Ferdinand and Snow Patrol into their rotation. Granted, FF are more popular here than SP, but both bands I think will do well here.

Ooo oh yeah and next week SP are playing in Chicago. I am so there. [face_love]

5. Obi_one_and_only

Obi_one_and_only Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 18, 2001
    Guess who's coming to town
    :D

6. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    Me?!

8 days ya'll!

7. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    *looks under tables and barstools* where is everyone?

Well I saw Snow Patrol the other night. Spectacular show. It always seems when I'm on the fence about a band (I like them, but possibly not enough to buy the CD), I go to a show and boom I'm an instant fan. I really liked Snow Patrol before, I reeeeeeaallly like them now. But the same is for FF too.

With a Scottish themed wedding on Sat., one of my fav Scottish bands on Mon., I'm ready to get over there. Mentally....I haven't packed a thing. How the heck do you pack for 3 weeks in another country anyways? One thing I have to hand to Scotland is that the temperature flux is rather small. That is definitely easy to pack for!

4 days everyone!

8. MrDankDonk

Mar 28, 2001
    I am working like a dog........*

( * sleeping and occasionally licking my nuts )

9. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    I think I can speak for us all when I saw "Ewwww!"

10. MrDankDonk

Mar 28, 2001
    :eek:

stand up, switch off that computer, get out that door and start soaking up some scotland, woman !

today's speciality is rain. so why not try out the indoor culture ? the edinburgh dungeons, then the grassmarket pubs ?

11. Obi_one_and_only

Obi_one_and_only Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 18, 2001
    Yes, it is raining.. I can't say I mind though. I missed the Glasgow weather

12. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    grassmarket pubs........now that brings back a few memories..... :D

13. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    Come on man, you right well know that I've been taking in more Scotland than most of you on a daily basis. Ooo ooo saw my first jakey yesterday! Went to Leith for a little bit today before the torential downpour that lasted pretty much from this afternoon on. This place definitely amazes me how it can be sunny and raining heavily at the same time.

Off to Stirling in the morning at an attempt at a run. Already messed up my ankle from the one last night. Hitting Glasgow on Monday.

If anyone is up for a meet up in Edinburgh or Glasgow, let me know. Other than DD, I'm meeting no one else. I'd also like to find a decent pub cause the people I'm staying with don't really go out much.

14. Geo6576

Geo6576 Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2004
    anyone wanna know what happens in the the Episode III?

15. MrDankDonk

Mar 28, 2001
    yes, tell us what happens in "The Episode III : The Revenge of The Definite Article" ?

The Anakin Skywalker takes The huff with The Obi-Wan Kenobi and has The fight with him ?

16. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    Geo6576 - friendly reminder posting spoilers (even fake ones) outside of the ROTS - Spoilers Allowed Forum will get you into serious trouble.

17. MrDankDonk

Mar 28, 2001
    as will posting any pictures of Malkie with farm animals....

18. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    [face_blush] I was at college......everyone was doing it

19. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    so whats the deal with being able to watch Scotland playing football ?

Huge international on Saturday - a possible decider between 2nd and 3rd place (assuming Italy top the group) - yet it doesn't appear to be on national TV.

WHY ?

I pay for digital cable so I have access to BBC 1 Scotland, but they are showing the England game.

WHY ?

20. MrDankDonk

Mar 28, 2001
    don't know.....
    but don't care either....

cos I'm gonna see it ...... if I can get me weekend work finished on time, the boss has a handful of tickets :)

21. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    :eek:

Did I ever tell you how pretty you are looking today ?

22. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    *bats her eyelashes* You know DD, did I ever tell you how good you look in that kilt o yers? *bats her eyelashes again* Hrmm....I bet I could make it back to Mull in time. ;)

Where is the game, anyways?

23. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    Where's the game ? If you don't know that, then you can't go :p

It's at Hamden.....home of Scottish football. (Thats in Glasgow btw :p)

24. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    Hey now, I'm rather new to this country! I don't know everything about everywhere yet. :p

25. MrDankDonk

Mar 28, 2001
    we have an appointment to get humped by the Norwegians.....

but its sold out cos the Tartan Army turn up for the sing-song regardless.

the boss's free tickets are, regretably, a gift from the Norwegian tourist board..... so I think you can figure out why no-one else wants them..... full suit and tie plus buffet in a Norwegian guest box.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.