main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Scott Romine

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Jaira, Apr 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    This was posted over at the other board, reposting it here:

Hey Guys! My name is Scott Romine and I met a handful of your members at Sparks in the Park - where I was doing an appearence with my General Lee. Some really great people - who certainly share a common interest - I am a Star Wars nut too! I had heard there was a group out there - glad to finally make contact with you guys.

I am putting out the invite for costumed characters and all fans to participate in my third annual Little Rock event. If you grew up in the 80s this is the show for you. The event is October 13 and 14 in Little Rock. Guests this year include Dirk Benedict (Lt.Starbuck, Battlestar Galactica and Faceman on the A-Team), Sonny Shroyer (Enos from Dukes of Hazzard, the coach in Forrest Gump) Rick Hurst (Cletus from Dukes of Hazzard - recently in a movie called Venomous with Treat Williams) and Pamela Susan Shoop (Knight Rider and Nurse Karen on Halloween II).
    We also have two stuntmen who worked on Dukes and A-Team.

We are expecting all kinds of celebrity vehicles - General Lees, Hazzard Patrol Cars - even the Knight Rider car from all over the USA. Last year we had a couple fly over from Italy for this show!

Even though Battlestar Galactica and Star Wars are not one and the same - no doubt some of the same people worked on the show (Dykstra for example) and I think the Empire would certainly fit into the show. The dinner would be great with the Empire working the door - and the "Kids Corner" would be greatly improved with Stormtroopers on Saturday. I could also use help getting out flyers as the event draws closer.

The charity for the dinner on Friday night is "Little People of America" - a non-profit group benefitting people who suffer from a variety of 200 birth defects associated with Dwarfism - just like Kenny Baker! I have not been able to log on to the other board - if someone could repost this over there it would be much appreciated!

Thank You guys!

More info is here:

http://cglfc.com/dukesandmoreintropage.htm

My email is scotteromine@yahoo.com

2. ScottRomine

ScottRomine Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2006
    I got it working! Glad to be here - and thanks for the repost!

3. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Welcome Scott!

On behalf of the ArkanSith Galactic Renegades we welcome you to our site and look forward to the event!

I especially do since I have always been a major fan of the ole Dukes of Hazzard and Battlestar Galactica! [face_dancing]

4. ScottRomine

ScottRomine Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2006
    Glad to be here - by the way - the site is updated and you guys are now on there with a link.

http://starscarsandmore.com/

5. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Are you the same Scott I met at Target last fall and invited to movie night and TimmyCon? Welcome either way and I hope you can make it out to some of our events, also. Look forward to meeting you, (again?).
    Jacob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.