main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Scott & White Hospital Pediatrics Visit ?

Discussion in 'Archive: Killeen, TX' started by JosephEck, Oct 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JosephEck

JosephEck Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2003
    For anyone who has a Star Wars costume and would be interested in doing so --

I have contacted Jan (Pediatrics Relations) at Scott & White Hospital in Temple about getting permission for us to "suit up" on Saturday and visit the children currently admitted in the 4-South wing of the hospital. She will contact me sometime today or tomorrow (Tuesday) at the latest after she speaks to the Saturday staff and makes sure everything is good to go.

Once we get the hospital's approval, I will post another message as to what time of the day we can make our appearance.

So if you're interested in helping brighten up some kid's afternoons, keep an eye on this thread for updates !!

Joe

2. Darth_Fairacon

Darth_Fairacon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2004
    I sure will...

Todd
    DF

3. nodeploy69

nodeploy69 Jedi Youngling

Sep 13, 2004
    i will do what i can to be there, i may need to catch a ride, due to scedualing conflits

scott

4. Darth_Fairacon

Aug 24, 2004
    Just say the word Scott...

You know I will pick you up...

I was thinking of wearing my stormtrooper outift, so that would make 3 troopers, Me, Scott and Joe.

Would there be any other costumes there? Jedi?

:)

Todd
    DF

5. Tandeer

Tandeer Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2001
    Just got off the phone with MoJoe, and he said that the trip for this Saturday, Oct. 9 is a GO!

He will be on later tonight after visiting hours and give all the fine details.

Bright Smiles
    Tandeer

6. JosephEck

Feb 21, 2003
    Talked to Jan (Peds. Relations) today...

They said we're a go for Saturday at 11:00 AM. We're going to go to the play room on the 4th floor and our point of contact (POC) is a woman named Lacy. She will walk us from room to room depending on the children's conditions. Patient confidentiality is a big concern - please don't inquire as to the medical reasons for their being there.

Also - we can bring cameras and pose for a few picures outside of the hospital, but the pediatrics nursing staff would prefer that we do NOT take our photographs with the children without permission from the families / nursing staff first.

Please let me know if you are going to attend so I can give a body count to the nursing staff before Sat. Morning...

Thanks,

Joe

P.S. Let's come up with a location and time to meet so we can all go to the floor together...

7. Darth_Fairacon

Aug 24, 2004
    I can be there...

My contact email is: darth_Fairacon@killeenfanforce.com

I am not familiar with the S&W hostial in Temple.

I can take people with me if they need rides from Killeen/Harker Heights.

Todd
    DF

8. JosephEck

Feb 21, 2003
    Todd & Scott,

Thanks so much for participating, especially on such short notice!! I appreciated it a lot, and I'm sure the children and their families did as well...

Todd - is Laci going to email you copies of any of the pictures? I'd love to see how they turned out!

Thanks again, guys!

Joe

9. nodeploy69

nodeploy69 Jedi Youngling

Sep 13, 2004
    hey joe.

it was not a problem, like you i will find any excuse to put on my armor, and that was a definatly worthwile reason,

and hey everyone if your going to be over at todd's house to watch the movies and do some general farting around , e-mail todd so he can give you derections. oh and he has a hot tub,,,,wink wink,,,,lol

see ya'll tomorrow

scott

10. Darth_Fairacon

Aug 24, 2004
    heheheh Why yes Scott, I do have a hot tub!! :)

Thanks so much for inviting us for such a worthwhile event Joe! Big thanks to Scott for gearing up as well!! The more the merrier!

I love "getting in the gear" and for a cause such as this it was my pleasure...

Yes, I spoke to Laci again before we left and she said she would be emailing me pics of the pediatric visit as well as the pics with the workroom staff. Can wait to see the pics!

The kids were grinning from ear to ear!! Now that's a cool feeling and an event we should do more often!

A special thanks to YOU Joe, for putting it all together on such short notice!! You da man!!

<big smiles> See you all manyana!! The hot tub is prepped!

Todd
    Darth_Fairacon

11. Tandeer

Tandeer Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2001
    Todd, I do need directions to your house. Not sure what time I will be there, but I will be there. *S*

Could you send the directions to my yahoo mail? My regular mail is unpredictable.

Tandeer@yahoo.com

Bright Smiles
    Debby

12. Darth_Fairacon

Aug 24, 2004
    Debby,

I emailed you directions replying to your request, but I guess something came up.

Thanks to Scott for showing up. We all had a nice time.

We found some cool bloopers on the DVDs. Very funny.

I wish more people could have showed up.

Todd
    DF

13. JosephEck

Feb 21, 2003
    I wish I could have been there... :-(

Todd, did Laci Greene ever get copies of those pics from the hospital visit emailed to you yet?

14. Darth_Fairacon

Aug 24, 2004
    No, she didn't email me anything yet.

Can you email me her contact info so I can follow up on that and maybe get those from her?

Todd

15. Darth_Fairacon

Aug 24, 2004
    Joe,

Can you email me her contact info so I can follow up and get those pictures from her?

Thanks!
    Todd
    DF

16. Darth_Fairacon

Aug 24, 2004
    I finally got in touch with Laci from S&W. Best she can do is mail us a pic of us with all the staff that was taken. Its still cool and I will post it ot the website when it arrives...

Thanks for the info Joe.

Todd
    DF

17. Darth_Fairacon

Aug 24, 2004
    I finally received the pics from Laci in the mail yesterday! Nice shots. I will scan them and post them up on the website as one of our visits. The kids looks great and she even got a shot of us "interogating" the locals as stormtroopers are known for! lol

What a hoot...

She printed them out on paper, so I apologize in advance for the quality. But great pics none the less...

We did it for the kids and they had a great time, that's the important thing!

Todd
    DF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.