main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Scoundrel Hall of Fame: Gallery of Rogues SEQUEL UP! H/L far post NJO viggie

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Princess1, Mar 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Scoundrel Hall of Fame: Gallery of Rogues

Rating: PG

By: Princess1 (me! :D )

Disclaimer: star wars belongs to george lucas, always and forever. I'm just playing around, believe me, I earn no money by this.

This is a odd little viggie that grabbed hold of my muse tonight and wouldn't let go and let me write something else. Well actualy, its a long odd viggie, lol, not little at all. Hope you like. :)

The bell in the doorframe tinkled merrily as the door to the shop swung open. Something about its cheerfulness felt forced, and grated on the nerves.

As did owner of the shop.

His name was Dendren and he was a tall and narrow man, seeming all arms and legs going everywhich way at once. His face was thin and would have been stern, except for the beaming teeth showing smile that was splashed perpetually across it. That, and the way his mousy brown hair stuck up at absurd angles due to the way he constantly ran his fingers through it whenever he was agitated or excited. Which was often.

All in all he was a absurd little man. Little in perspective and mind, that is. So even with his heigth, he somehow managed to seem small. Just as other people, short ones, by sheer force of personality somehow make themselves large.

Such was the women who stepped into the shop that day.

At the tinkling of the bell, Dendren sprang instantly to his feet from his desk, where he had been shuffling papers about in a vaguely busy manner.

"What can I do for you today mam? What fine and outstanding portrait can my humble shop present you with, we have a fine fine selection to chose from."

Abrubtly he stopped his sale speil when he looked closly at her.

Standing just inside the door of his shop was a tiny old women; one of the smallest he had ever seen. She must have missed five feet by a good inch or two. Her hair was pure white, but thick, tied back in a knot behind her wrinkled little nut of a face.

Yet despite her obvious immense age, she carried herself with a odd incongrous dignity.

Her back was strait, her chin was high, and her brown eyes were bright and full of vitality.

She stared silently at him, patiently, waiting for him to stop talking as if waiting for a stream to dry up.

Dendren swallowed, his throat suddenly dry. He fought a sudden absurd urge to bow to this impossibily dignified old women.

He suppressed the urge with difficulty.

For a moment silence stretched through the tiny little shop, but then she spoke.

Her voice was measured and even, like that of a praticed orator.

"I have heard you are the best portrait studio on Courscant, before or since the planets rebuilding."

Nervously, Dendren ran one hand through his already throughly mussed hair. "You have heard correctly, mam. We are indeed the best, in our specialized area of course. We carry only portraits of persons who had a illustraious part in our history. The well known scoundrels, specifically. If this is what you are looking for; you've come to the right place." He flashed a smooth toothy smile at her.

Some of his ease was reaturning the words of sale and promotion flowing easily through his lips without thought.

She flashed him a amused look, making Dendren feel like a child sitting at the feet of a formidable repremanding grandmother.

"Enough of the charming smiles young man, you don't do them well."

Chastenend, he simply bobbed his head, and took great care not to smile.

That was odd, his smile always worked on his clients....

Abrubtly he realized that the old woman had moved beyond the doorway and was heading purposefully toward the wall of portraits, not the least bit hampered by the ivory cane she held in one hand.

Dendren hurried to catch up with her, not wanting to tottally fail at his duties as a salesmen.

He scurried foreward, putting a hand on her shoulder to guide her along the wall. She shot him a look, and Dendren emmediatly thought better of the placement of his hand.

This woman did not need guidance, much less his.
    So

2. Stormtrooper_Shrink

Stormtrooper_Shrink Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    Princess!

It was - words fail me! I loved it! I can just see Leia like that - still proud, still tall, and when she sees Han's picture...

I'm a sap, I know, but tears threatened to mist my eyes. Beautiful. I can't write good vignettes to save my life. How do you do it?

3. Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr

Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr Jedi Master star 3

May 22, 2002
    [color=006699]Princess, what can I say - that was beautiful.

Wedge :>o<:[/color]

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    WOW! I was blown away. It was touching and funny all at the same time. Wonderful vignette!

5. Sologirl

Sologirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2004
    All I can say is, unbelievably beautiful

I am such a sap because it brought tears to my eyes. This was so beautifully written Princess!

Thank you for your gift!

6. JadeDjo

JadeDjo Jedi Master star 2

Feb 14, 2004
    All I can say is:

Loved it, Loved it, Loved it, Loved it, Loved it,......

Loved it!

7. PrincessDaisy2

PrincessDaisy2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2004
    That was fantastic! Poor Leia! :_| Your vignette was so creative and beautifully written. Awesome job!

8. LumiKuningatar

LumiKuningatar Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2003
    I loved it... I truly did... :D
    "Why is there no portrait of Anakin Skywalker?"

Dendren shifted uncomfortably from foot to foot.

"He was though too...contreversial."

but it's Jango Fett, not Zango. In the very first time you mention him, isn't it...

9. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    *sniffles* Two decades!! Leia has to live TWO DECADES after Han dies!?! :_| :_| Poor Leia! Hopefully, she will be with him again, soon!

10. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    BEAUTIFUL! predictable, but BEAUTIFUL! Love the descrip of Lando in his old age...

11. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001

storm trooper shrink: wow, thanks! :D thats quite a compliment. :) hehe, don't feel bad for being a sap, I am one too, I got misty eye'd writing for goodness sakes, lol. But yea, I agree with you this is exactly how I picture a old leia. I don't think she knows how to be anything but strong.

wedge antilles: Thanks so much, I really apreciate that. :)

VaderLV: hehe gosh, I can feel my ego expanding with those compliments! ;) anyway, wow, thanks so much, touching and funny is the combo I was attempting, its very nice to know I succeeded. :D

sologirl: hehe, I'm blushing now....I never expected everyone to like this one so much, since its written from a rather odd point of view. But I did love writing it, it indulged the sap in me. hehe, and don't feel bad, I got misty eye'd too, when I wrote it. :D

JadeDjo: Wow, thanks soooooo much! :D

PrincessDaisy: thanks so much, I am so glad you liked it, I definitly enjoyed writing it, and its soooo cool when people like to read it as well! :D And definitly poor Leia. :(

Lumi: Thanks, glad you liked that bit. :) oh wow, thanks for catching that mistake about Jango's name, its a typo, I TOTTALLY didn't even realize I did that. hehe. ooops. [face_blush]

Greatone: hey, glad you liked it! :D but yes I agree, the idea of leia without han for that long...its sooooooo heartbreaking. :( but yes, of coures they will be together again, probably soon. Perhaps she dies, falling asleep with her arms wrapped around the portrait of him. Sound like a good sequel to you? I'd write it if anyone is interested.

DarthIshtar thanks, glad you enjoyed it. :D hehe yea, I know its predictable, but, I was indulging my sentimental side, it didn't permit a sad ending! :p lol. oh well, I write lots of drama anyway. Anyways, thanks again. :)

12. Miska

Miska Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    WOW!!

I am so impressed! The idea is original, and you're really brave to portray Leia as an old woman- I couldn't picture her in her 70s or 80s until I read your perfect description. The idea is adorable, and Han!!!! My baby! What a great story with an amazing ending- this is really really good!

Sorry if this review makes no sense, I'm running on very little sleep :D Let me translate: I really really liked it!

13. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    I not only loved this viggie for it's lovely emotions, but because...it's arty! [face_love] :D I've always entertained the fancy of writing a SW fic involving art, but could never think of a proper idea. Kudos for this sweet little one!

14. Sologirl

Sologirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2004
    I want a sequel!! I want a sequel
    "WAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" *cries uncontrollably*

I love a great melodrama - just like the one I am trying to display right now!!!

:D

Is it working?

15. 1Yodimus_Prime

1Yodimus_Prime Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2004
    Princess,
    You've done a great job establishing the mood of the environment and describing the characters so concisely.

I've been working on film treatments in my latest scriptwriting class, which require to-the-point description and lots of visual explaination in a very short space, and it's just killin me. But it looks like you got that kind of thing down. coolness

16. RogueSticks

RogueSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2003
    ok that seriously made me cry. That was so heart wrenching. I could feel her pain, her lonliness... ahhhh our poor rogue.

17. vader_incarnate

vader_incarnate Force Ghost star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    Wow, that was terrific! Like nothing I've ever seen, at any rate, and your execution was beautiful as well. :) Good job, hon; it's nice to see a good viggie like yours up here.

18. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Yes, write a sequel where she meets up with Han and her other loved ones in the afterlife...... PLEASE????

19. jedi-lelila

jedi-lelila Jedi Master star 3

Jun 14, 2003
    I loved this story.
    Loved it, Loved it, Loved it, Loved it, Loved it

And I want a sequel too!!!

20. Marsa

Marsa Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2004

Wow.

Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow.

Congratulations, this is the first fanfic I've ever read that made me cry.

I pretty much guessed what was going to happen, but it was written so well that I could see it all in my head.

Thank you so much, ~Marsa

21. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Absolutely gorgeous, Jen. :)

~~Jilly

22. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    uppers to this thread, wow, I can't believe so many have read this! :D I will reply to you all tomarrow, but I just spent all day shopping for a big date, hehe....and my brain is fried. lol.

23. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    First off, I would like to put my vote in for a sequel. Secondly, the thought of Leia having to live 20 years with her scoundrel was just too sad. I had tears in my eyes from nearly start to finish. Finally, I liked the idea of a gallery of remembrance for the rogues and scoundrels of the universe. Good work!!!

24. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    Wow, that was fantastic. Very emotive! :D

Great work Princess!

25. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    grrrrrrrr. I HATE my computer! I had all my replies to all of you all typed up, hit the post button...and of all things...it DELELTED them! :(

So here I go again.....
    Good think I like to type, lol. :D

Miska: Thanks sooo much, I have always had a hard time picturing Han and Leia or any of my favorite characters as old, and this little fic was sort of my challenge to myself to see if I could do it. :) And you liked my ending? Yay! :D hehe, I had a hard time with that, sooo happy to hear it worked! lol, don't worry your review made perfect sense to me, even if you were sleep deprieved when you wrote it. But then again, as a young college student I am perpetually sleep deprieved myself, so maybe THAT was why it made sense to me. hehe ;)

The Pariah: Wow...thanks! :D I am so happy you liked this and that the emotions showed well and didn't seem cheesy, I was afraid of that. hehe you know what, its tottally ironic that this is a arty fic, because although I have taken numerious art classes, it has had no discerable affect. My art abilities still begin, and end, with stick people. lol. :p

sologirl: Great melodrama there, lol. :D ;) hehe anyway, thanks so much, a sequel there shall be...either on saturday, sunday, or monday at the latest, before I head off to australia. :)

Yodimus: Wow, you know, that is the biggest compliment you could have possibly payed me! :D When I graduate from highschool this year I will be going to school to become a writer/screenwriter, and since you are obviously already going to school to do just that, the fact that you think the emotions and description of the characters came through is just beyond cool. Thanks so much. :)

Roguesticks: (hands you tissue) I tottally agree with you there....poor Leia, I can't hardly imagine her without han, let alone for that long! :( which is partly why I wrote it, lol, to see if I could. anyway, thanks sooo much. :D

vader incarnate: what a wonderful thing to say, thank you so much, I am glad you think it was orignal and that the execution is good, that is the greatest compliment that can be paid to a writer. :D hehe, in other words, my ego is expanding by the minute with that kind of compliments. ;)

GreatOne: Thanks, then a sequel there shall be! :D as to what happens in it...I can't give away the secret. ;)

jedi lelila: Glad you loved it, thanks sooo much, I willd definitly write a sequel then, either saturday, sunday or monday. :D

Marsha: whoa, what a great compliment, being able to make a reader cry makes me quite proud. :D isn't that a oxymoron? lol. ;) Anyway, seriously though, thanks you so much I really really apreciate it, I do know that it was a bit on the predictable side, but I was in a sappy mood, and the being able to visualize it is exactly what I was going for. :D

Jilly: Thanks! :D :D

solofan: with your vote, theres more then enough to make me do a sequel, especially since my muse is already begging me to do just that, hehe. Anyway thanks so much, I tottally agree with you, the idea of leia without han for any length of time, let alone twenty years is absolutly heartwrenching, thats why in the NJO when they were angry at eachother it drove me nuts! :( but anyway, thanks again, sequel comming right up, on saturday, sunday, or monday at the latest. :D

PulsarSkate: Thanks sooo much, I am so happy you liked it, I sometimes struggle to subtly portray emotions in my stories, I am so happy you think I succeded. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.