main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation scoundrels in the sequels

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by darthtuttle, Aug 15, 2013.

1. darthtuttle

darthtuttle Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    this is the place to discuss the possibility of bounty hunters, smugglers or anybody else in the underworld. its a staple of Star Wars. perhaps the good guys need to persuade the scoundrels to help them, similar to the thrawn trilogy. perhaps Luke's daughter falls in love with a scoundrel and Luke does not approve. what would you like to have happened with the scoundrels in the sequels?

Captain Tom Coughlin likes this.
  2. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    If the post-ROTJ EU is not going to be consider canon anymore (which will most likely happen). I would love one of Han's children go that route.

darthtuttle likes this.
  3. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    A Jedi who is at the same time kind of a scoundrel would be very fun to see, something that one of the (potential) Solo kids could easily become.

4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    We do need a strong Han Solo like character in the ST. Hopefully one of Han's kids will be it.

5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I think it could be a fun dynamic if Han and Leia's son is the goody two-shoes Jedi and Luke's daughter is the scoundrel.

6. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    Definitely want to see some more gangsters.

7. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    With recent implication of the Underworld (or SOME kind of live action TV) series coming, we will hopefully get something that is all about scoundrels.

It has been my hope all along that either a TV series or one of the spinoffs comes along and really focuses on this sort of thing; a really offbeat SW with a sinister edge to it.

8. darthtuttle

Apr 2, 2004
    that is the most genius idea for the sequels I have heard so far

9. Sandtrooper92

Sandtrooper92 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 31, 2013
    I beg to differ. Nobody's kids need to be in this new saga, despite the pattern of prior trilogies.

10. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Yeah. I would hope that the Solo kids are scoundrelrific. I mean Han the galaxy's biggest smartass and Leia the galaxy's biggest snark would produce some unwieldy kids. Luke's son/daughter on the other hand I could see being all straight-edge and wrapped tight -- a good recipe for a fall IMO.

11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I would like to see a woman scoundrel.

12. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I would love to see a female scoundrel or two... I'm not super particular as to what type.

I like the idea one of Han and Leia's or Luke's kids being one. That could create some fun!

13. darthtuttle

Apr 2, 2004
    don't forget that there's a strong possibility of a Boba fett spin off, or a han Solo spin off. the fett spin-off would feel like one of the filmed in the dollars trilogy. the celeb film could be more like a gangster film the Star Wars universe. the hutts are not a good protagonist for a film but would make a good Marsalace Wallace type character

14. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Speaking of Scoundrels -- can anyone recommend the Zahn book with the same name? NO spoilers please.

15. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Without spoiling anything, I'd personally say it's a fun book with some issues that may or may not bother you. Definitely worth a read, though - particularly if you like a good heist tale.

Echo-07 and Force Smuggler like this.
  16. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I am definitely pro scoundrel! :cool:

17. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Thank you! re-reading the Solo trilogy and that will be my next read thereafter.

18. Loupgarou

Loupgarou Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 19, 2010
    I really like the idea of a female scoundrel type, and also that she would be Luke's daughter, not just to subvert expectations but because it seems like a fun dynamic, Luke's kid being the one person that can make him lose his wise Jedi calm. It could either be a terribly cheesy relationship or genuinely sweet, just depends on the execution.

The other cool thing is that having the two main heroes be different genders and know they're related would lead to a platonic relationship in the spotlight, something we need more of when it comes to heroines.

Sarge likes this.
  19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Solo trilogy? Do you mean AC Crispin or Brian Daley's books? IMO, Daley's writing is closer to capturing the feel of the OT than any other books I've read.

20. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    AC Crispin.

Daley's were okay. They didn't "feel Star Wars" to me since they didn't take place within the bounds of the Galactic Empire. What was it called? The Corporate Sector I think? Or something like that.

What I loved about Crispin's is that she covered some of the essential Han backstories -- winning the Falcon. Imperial Officer. Rescuing Chewie etc . . . Great books!

21. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The AC Crispin books are called the Han Solo trilogy, while the Daley books are the Han Solo Adventures. Just saying.
    Anyway. I prefer the Crispin books by a mile. The Back story and everything else.

22. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    IMO, there was too much drama and angsty stuff in Crispin's books. I wanted to read fun adventures about a wise-cracking first-shooting smuggler, and Daley delivered in spades.

Revious Nugo and DarthBoba like this.
  23. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    That's a fair statement but she got a chance to fill-in some of the great exploits of my favorite rogue.

24. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Scoundrels could be former members of either the Rebellion or the Imperial military. I know it's kind of a trademark of STAR WARS, but after the prequels and everything else, bounty hunters have been overdone. If there are some, I hope they fit into the storyline better than an in the prequels. Scoundrels and rogues could be other smugglers, former corrupt security personnel, politicians, businesspeople.

25. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    We're already stuck with old Han Solo, I'd rather not have any more of those kids. More Jedi - less scoundrels.