main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit SCOUNDRELS - New Han Solo book written by Timothy Zahn!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Kypsolo, Oct 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Assuming that it's between ANH and TESB, Car'das would be out of it. Karrde might be involved off to the side, not getting in direct contact with Han. Booster would be in Kessel, or else he could be worked in. I might not put it past Zahn to bring back someone like Mazzic from TTT. But if Han's stealing something for the Rebellion, which is likely, I'd guess it's most likely that Han would work with Wedge and the Rogues, maybe Page. But it's all just guessing.

Mazzic likes this.
  2. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    If he includes Jaxxon, I'm in.

3. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Sorry; it worked earlier... Try this.

TC

4. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Oooh... Mazzic, now there's a name which takes me back.:)

I'd also possibly enjoy if he somehow worked Fel and the Eighty Worst in as antagonists under whose watch Han stole something from. :p

Mazzic likes this.
  5. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    I was doing a search, and I found a link to a website Knights Archive. There's a blurb on that site about this novel, and apparently Lando's also going to be in it. Guess that means this takes place some time before ANH. Here's a link to the blurb: Han Solo novel blurb

6. Daft-Vader

Daft-Vader Chosen One star 8

Aug 6, 2008
    "Ocean?s Eleven meets Star Wars in this classic adventure set just after Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. From #1 New York Times bestselling author Timothy Zahn."

I see... issues here if Lando's in it

7. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    I doubt Lando will be in it.

That said, this is one of those novels where I really don't care about continuity at all, as long as the story and characters are good.

Also, Mirax Terrik is a like-minded smuggler. [face_praying]

8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I wonder who the nine will be. Hopefully some pre-existing characters. I also like the tidbit that the cover will be a wrap-around portrait of Han's crew.

I don't think there would be too big an issue if Lando was in it. He was in Yavin Vassilika without much problem, and since this novel is supposedly right after ANH, it could also work.

9. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    I get the feeling that this may blow up in such a way as to reset "what you pulled" to . . . whatever this is, and not Ylesia.

10. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    I also had the same thought. That would be cool...

11. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000

Not if it takes place during the time of the Han Solo Trilogy novel The Hutt Gambit.

12. Daft-Vader

Daft-Vader Chosen One star 8

Aug 6, 2008
    I agree... but

"Ocean?s Eleven meets Star Wars in this classic adventure set just after Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. From #1 New York Times bestselling author Timothy Zahn."

Its set AFTER ANH

13. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    Oh. Well, Lando could still be in it, but he and Han don't cross paths. Or they do, but Lando doesn't become part of the Rebellion. I'm saying that the lack of info is enough to entertain some flexibility, thereby preventing any continuity issues at this time.

14. Master_Optician

Master_Optician Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2009
    I quoted the catalog description in my article word for word. It says "Han Solo, Chewbacca, Lando Calrissian at the heart of an impossible heist make this a totally accessible adventure."

It's still early of course, and things can change. We'll see.

15. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Last I checked, he kept the reward and just never had a chance to pay Jabba. Am I missing something?

16. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Didn't Crimson Jack steal his reward? And I'm going to go ahead and assume Han and Chewie are going to come out of this heist empty-handed.

17. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Yeah, Crimson Jack stole it before he could get to Jabba. Though I have no idea if Zahn is going to be aware of that or not.

18. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Oh, right, the pirate guy. Meh.

Also, why do I foresee the end result of this heist overriding Ylesia as the thing Lando's pissed about in ESB?

19. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Could be interesting if Han is doing this heist to make up for losing his reward from the Rebellion.

20. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Because I'm 99% sure that's what's going to happen.:p

21. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    I doubt it will actually be alluded to, but the name "Crimson Jack" being uttered in a Star Wars book, particularly a Zahn book, would make my day :)

If he's mentioned, hopefully his criminally short shorts will be mentioned as well.

[image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/c/c5/Crimson_jack.jpg]

Oh yeah

22. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    With Ylesia, originally wasn't the whole "what you pulled" thing in ESB related to the Tonnika Sisters (or certainly this was the inference five YEARS before Crispin changed it in HST). This is based on inference from WEG supplementary material as of 1993 (or potentially earlier).

If so, changing canon doesn't appear to be an issue for what Lando is pissed at Han for...

23. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    [image=http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110205171537/starwars/images/thumb/3/34/13thConclave.jpg/640px-13thConclave.jpg]

They obviously shop at the same store.

24. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Aye, the hot pants...

25. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Haven't seen much discussion of the Scoundrels excerpt in Mercy Kill.

Even, you know, on the temp boards. What do people think of the setup?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.