main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit SCOUNDRELS - New Han Solo book written by Timothy Zahn!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Kypsolo, Oct 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Hm, Random House and Amazon.com both still say Jan 1. And no announcements from the SW book facebook page.

2. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    While the EU has often redone stories, the story with Han and the slavers was done in the WEG original trilogy sourcebook.

Arthul Hexphon or whatever his name, the Rebellion's Historian, was onboard the ship.

3. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
  4. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Nothing new as all those things where already mentioned in the preview, and past background stuff, his Ep 7 comments though are pretty much what fans of his stuff must be thinking as well.

5. Hero of Tukayyid

Hero of Tukayyid Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2012
    I wonder if the Thrawn trilogy gets destroyed will he put the the Soontir Fel comic online for free...

6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Right then, someone ought to have a copy by now - worth buying?

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I'm not very far into it, but so far the answer is a resounding yes. It's the Zahn I remember from the old days, and it's the kind of adventure story that I want to see more of in the EU (Shadow Games being my favorite EU novel of the previous year).

8. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Good to hear, do keep the comments coming.

<Vader on>Do not disappoint me, Admiral. <Vader off>

:)

9. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    so it is coming out soon? I thought it was a couple months away yet cool!!

10. Reaper63

Reaper63 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    From what I've read and heard from Zahn, and after reading the Insider tie in short and the Ebook about Lando, This story is going to ROCK!! Kell Tainer is my favorite Wraith, so it'll be fun to get a look at him before joining the New Repulic Commandos (and then the Wraiths).

Zahn mentioned including Lando, since the every other "arguement" seen in the EU seemed too serious to warrent the hug when Lando finally lets down the pretense of being upset. After initially being upset with his inclusion (due to the Han trilogy, which I love) I have to agree with Zahn on this point.

I also loved Shadow Games, but am still annoyed by the "mistakes" in the book, such as Lando already being the Administor of Cloud City and Owning the Lady Luck. then there is the unclear point of when exactly it fits into the timeline. How long before ANH does this take place?

Back to Soundrels, I can't WAIT till I can read it! Zahn is still my favorite EU auther, and I wold love to see more Fringe stories from him and others. I think Aaron Allston would be able to spin a good Fringe Tale as well.

11. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.