main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive -Scouser Productions-

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by DarthKakarot, Jan 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthKakarot

DarthKakarot Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 9, 2005
    Hello folks,

I have an art assignment....

I have to put up some pictures on the Internet, provide a logo for a fake company (Idiocy), and get your critisisms etc :)

With that said, let me present my logo :)

Logo

[image=http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/6563/scouserproduction6bj.jpg]

Heres a few pics of what I've come up with so far, nothing much, but it's a start :)

Evil Jedi Kakarot (AKA Goku)

[image=http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/1445/kakarot6gx.jpg]

Sith Lord Vegeta

[image=http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/8163/vegeta29nl.jpg]

ROTJ Space Battle

[image=http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/1284/battle4xd.png]

Enjoy;

Please post any feedback.

2. McBan

McBan Jedi Youngling

Aug 27, 2005
    Personally, I like your style much more than Akira Toriyama's, and I am a huge Dragon Ball fan! Great Work.

3. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Feedback, eh? Something we can provide here in Fan Art!

The logo is very interesting visually (tho I have to admit that I'm a bit at a loss as to the reason for the company name... **scratches head**)--I like the liquid-droplet effect. The use of monochrome works very well with the image, too--it's almost like looking at water dripping into an obsidian pond...very "Zen!" ;)

Your animation work is amazing--stylized in the extreme, but it works! There's an incredible amount of energy and power in both figures, and not just because of the Force-lightning--the tension in the bodies and faces really convey this. The Sith Lord is a narrow favorite of these two (I really like them both!), simply because he seems like a grenade with the pin pulled: full of fury and rage and raw power--and those stones just caught there in the maelstrom! Wonderful!

With the Death Star battle, the composition "feels" quite good to me, but the lighting seems a bit "off:" in space, without atmosphere to filter the light from the primary star, the light and shadows are very harsh and stark--in your piece they seem to be "softer" than they should be. I can't imagine the difficulty of trying to "light" this sort of piece (the rendering of the 'Falcon is great, btw!), but you'll want to try to get the light on all the ships and the space station coming from one direction, rather than from several. Keeping the light source and resultant shadows cohesive can really make a scene like this, and I think it's worth going to the trouble to create that effect.

These are all excellent, DarthKakarot--is the art assignment for a design class? Just curious! Best of luck with it, in any case, and thanks for putting up these great pieces!

FF

4. StevoDirector

StevoDirector Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2004
    may i just ask, is it called scouser productions because u live in/near liverpool? i live in liscard. if so ur the first person from the wirra ive found on tfn:)

5. DarthKakarot

Mar 9, 2005
    Liscard is great for shopping lmao.... But I prefer Liverpool City Center.

Yep, I'm from Liverpool by the way :)

Thanks for the feedback :) I'll print out what I've got so farr (feed-back wise) and show it to my art teacher.

Thanks again.

Edit: Oh, FalconFan, the company name is a reflexion of me.... An idiot.

6. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Hey, great start.
    Your drawings are very good, I like them a lot, but my favorite is the space battle. It looks just great! =D=

7. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, FalconFan, the company name is a reflexion of me.... An idiot.

Pish-posh!! You are no such thing! You're a student and an artist and a unique human being, and a valued member of our little asylum here in Fan Art! So...you'll just have to come up with some other name for your company! :D ;) :p

PS--Hope you get an "A!" :D

FF

8. DarthKakarot

Mar 9, 2005
    Oh, I'm already averaging on an A lol, the worst I've had for an assignment is a B :p

And about what you said just now about uniqeniess (spell?), thanks and all, but offline I'm a complete idiot, I have no common sense :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.