main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Scout trooper info?

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by mr_Goodbomb, Aug 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr_Goodbomb

mr_Goodbomb Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2006
    So, I think I'm gonna get into the scout trooper lot. Cheaper than a stormie, and a lot less initial work. Anything I should know? Warnings?

My few questions:

1. How big should I get the undersuit? I'm a fairly small guy, 5'9", 150 pounds. I usually wear fitting clothes, about an adult S shirt and 32 pants. Should I go with a slightly larger suit to accomidate the mods and for added movement?

2. How big is the DP/Rubies helmet? Enough headroom for comfort and some upgrades, or tight as hell?

3. The cummerbund... Do I really need the vest? I'm trying to go the fairly cheap route.

2. ATATPILOT77

ATATPILOT77 Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2005
    You seek www.bikerscout.net

1) I'm 6'0 and 175 lbs normally that's usually a large but I felt too uncomfortable so I did and XL and sewed suede to the insides of thighs and part of my rear :)

2) I have a big noggin and glasses and my head fit in a Rubies. I put in 2 fans and battery packs and it still fit. I would go with something unfortunately more expensive since the Rubies likes to warp if left in a car. Put some metal in there to reinforce it but you don't have to.

3)The cummerbund sits on you like a diaper. You use suspenders and comes just under your chest. Hopefully your armor comes down low enough to cover part of the cummerbund. I didn't do a vest because I was hot already with all the gear on. Some go with the vest but you don't have to.

I sold my armor a year ago......miss it but I have other costumes now.

3. Quinten_JarVos

Quinten_JarVos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2004
    You do seek that website he suggested

As an Active Scout Trooper, i can only say I swear by the guy who made my Helmet and armor, alas i cant say his name here but he makes the best Scout Helmets.

AAs for the undersuit, i use a standard Black Flight Suit that i picked up off of ebay.

The cumberbun, well that's always the hard one. Too thick and it looks like a nappy, too thin and it dosn't look right.

But please please dont assume that scout are easier to put together. after all the small parts, boots, gun, undersuit and voice amp. I was still looking 1000+ AUS Dollars. the hard parts were 790 AUS

4. mr_Goodbomb

mr_Goodbomb Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2006
    I think the cummerbund is my biggest problem, then... and I feel weird paying 100 bucks for something cheap that's modified just because I can't sew.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.