main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Scout Trooper

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by jackdoud, Aug 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jackdoud

jackdoud Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    Hey Q and Commander Clone. I know you 2 were intrested in Scout armor. A message came though the Garrison Carida boards today that someone was selling theirs. Check out ebay for it. Item #3341410921
    It's un trimmed as of yet and comes with a helmet. It's styrene but thick so it shouldn't be a problem.

-Jack

2. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Thanks for the heads up man. I'm currently working on some Thrawn stuff, so all funds have been diverted.

On a similar note, there's someone selling armor for around $150, but it's been recast and most of the pieces are mismatched, so watch out.

3. Commander_Farsight

Commander_Farsight Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2003
    I'm going to work on a Scout costume, but I need to get a job down there so I can affored it, along with my 40K and R/C addictions

4. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Hey Farsight, welcome back :)

I have my Navy uniform that I'm going to modify for Thrawn and I also have the makeup worked out, and my belt is on the way, so all I need are the contacts, which I won't be able to afford until next year, and the rank badge. If you want to see some goofey makeup tests, check out this thread.

5. Commander_Farsight

Apr 13, 2003
    well you need a dark blue wig or just grow you hair long and dye it. You will qalso need red eye contacts. Or just some white paints, big white shoes and a puffy hat, The you could go as a Smurf. ;P

6. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Dark blue wig??? The contacts I can get a hold of, but the eye exam alone is $135. The cantacts can be found here

I'll probably start to grow my hair out two months before I need to wear the costume.

And I thought about the smurf, but me with no shirt=very frightened children.

7. Commander_Farsight

Apr 13, 2003
    Those are really cool lenses I might get me a pair of black or the Dune blue ones. I think my room mate would like the Black Wolf lenses and Big C would like the Dragon lenses, but they are a little on the pricy side. :-(

BTW If I'm not mistakin' I beleave that Trawn's hair is REALLY dark blue (almost black) in color, and you will need the hair to be long enought to be combed back and be about 1" thick in the front.

8. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    From the research I've done, I've found that his hair is jet black with very faint blue highlights. I've heard it described that unless the light hits him just right, you can't even tell his hair ha blue.

And those blue lenses look really cool. I really like the Dune ones as well.

9. jackdoud

Jun 10, 2002
    Hey Q,
    Are you still working on your Jedi Armor? I'm probably not gonna bring all of my Snow Armor down with me, I doubt I'll have the time to work on it, but I can bring the chest piece with me if you wanna nab a quick cast off it. I need to make additional hand and thermal det. pieces for my snow sometime. I'll probably do a quick vacc of the stormtrooper parts I have. I will be bringing down the helmet to work on 'cause I need something to do occasionally. :D
    Let me know.

-Jack

10. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    The JA Project is on hold right now. I bought out all of the craft store's Permastone and the last time I checked, they haven't restocked. I almost have the hin armor mold finished. Don't worry about bringing the armor down. I probably won't have time to work on it this semester with all of my other projects.

Thanks anyway though!

PS: To add to the projects, I got my new rocket in the mail today :D

11. Commander_Farsight

Apr 13, 2003
    I almost forgot about that! I need to get a rocket too it I'm going to go launch with you.

12. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I think we have one more in the lab for sale that is perfect for Level 1 certification.

We also have two for level 2. One I snagged (a half scale AMRAAM-4) and the other is up for grabs to anyone that has L1 Cert.

13. Commander_Farsight

Apr 13, 2003
    Good news! My brother wants to do a Fremmen (sp?) costume and is going to get the blue eye contacts. The costume should be relatively easy to make all we need is some tan clothing and some other stuff.

14. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Wow, so between him, me, and Jack would could have a cross Dune, Star Wars, and Farscape free -for-all!!

*goes and pats Winona*

15. jackdoud

Jun 10, 2002
    Heh,
    I still wanna do my "Ghosttroopers" costume.
    Crossover between Ghostbusters and Star Wars. The Empire finally does something about all those pesky dead Jedi who keep giving these farm-boys ideas. :D
    I've got a lot of it planned out already, now I just have to build the backpack and get the patch made :p
    Who you gonna call?
    -Jack

16. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Jackson Doud!

Have you visited the Dewback Wing? I think they have a section for Ghostbusters costumes.

17. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Hey Jayna and Kashyyyk, don't forget that you have lightsabers at my place.

Jack, I also have your dowel rod.

18. Commander_Farsight

Apr 13, 2003
    Oh yea! Where is Bill anyway ?[face_plain] I have not seen him online for mounths. I have to talk to him about a few things.

And Q its not what you think.

19. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    He was over at my place the other night. We played TCG for like 4 hours.

And I really don't want to know about what you and he need to talk about...

20. jackdoud

Jun 10, 2002
    Yeah, I've read through a lot of the Dewback Wing. I've been wanting to to a GB pack for a while. I've got all the research done, now it's just down to the time money and space factors.
    BYW, you can keep the rod, I really don't need it.

-Jack

21. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    I know I still have to finish that lightsaber, but I probably won't be able to do it for quite some time now...

22. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    BYW, you can keep the rod, I really don't need it

Woohoo! A neighbor beating stick!!! :D

23. jackdoud

Jun 10, 2002
    Oh great. And it has MY fingerprints on it. :eek:
    I'd better take a snapshot of the forum for evidence. :p

-Jack

24. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Well I'm pleased to report that Thrawn is 90% completed. I just have to remove the breast pockets and sew one side of the flap onto the jacket, then wait for my belt buckle to arrive so I can attatch the greeblie. The only thing I've done since I took these pics is add the 5" seem to the front of the flap.

[image=http://home.cfl.rr.com/mawshipyards/Pics/Uniform3.jpg] [image=http://home.cfl.rr.com/mawshipyards/Pics/Uniform4.jpg]

Maybe tomorrow I'll also do a full makeup test. hmmmmmmmmm

25. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Hey jack, ironically I was at Disney this weekend so I stopped off at MGM and I didn't see any Kenner Blasters. I saw them there when I went in June, so I think they were out of stock. I asked one of the people if there were any in a back room, but she kept handing me the Battle Droid blaster. So after trying to explain not only the difference between a stormtrooper and battle droid, but the difference between the OT and AOTC, I just shook my head and left in disgust. I hate people!

I did find a butt load on ebay for really cheap though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.