main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Scrambled or Sunny Side Up? (Title Challenge vignette) Solo kids, YJK era

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by NYCitygurl, Mar 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Author: NYCitygurl
    Title: Scrambled or Sunny Side Up?
    Timeframe: YJK
    Characters: Jaina, Jacen and Anakin
    Summary: While Han and Leia are gone, Jacen tries his hand at making breakfast.
    Notes: Just a short piece of fun fluff for the Title Challenge.

Scrambled or Sunny Side Up?

?What is this?? Jaina asked, wrinkling her nose.

?Breakfast,? her twin brother replied simply. He frowned. ?What does it look like??

Not breakfast, Jaina thought. Whatever it was was lumpy and a pale shade of yellow. It actually looked a bit like . . .

Jaina?s stomach started rebelling at the thought. Let?s not go there.

Jacen was still looking at her expectantly. Jaina offered up a smile that she hoped didn?t look like a grimace and picked up her fork.

Why oh why did I tell Mom and Dad that we would be fine by ourselves for a weekend?

She and her brothers were studying to be Jedi Knights. They were going to travel the galaxy and go on adventures and save people. They had already done some of that, and they were only fourteen. If they could stop the Dark Jedi from overrunning the Jedi Academy on Yavin IV, they were certainly old enough to stay home.

Jaina had explained all of that in a calm, rational tone when her parents first brought it up. Leia had to oversee a peace treaty on a planet Jaina had forgotten the name of, and Han wanted to go with her. Well, wanted might be too strong of a word, Jaina mentally amended. He had wanted to be with her mother, anyway. And Threepio had to go to help Leia.

The Solo kids had been stuck with babysitters, some of them very memorable ? a crazy weekend with Rogue Squadron a few years ago came to mind ? but they had outgrown them. Their parents had been worried about them staying by themselves, but Jaina had insisted that the apartment had a top-notch security system ? she should know, she had messed with it on multiple occasions ? and they were all Force-sensitive. And it wasn?t like they would be home alone; they had each other.

Jaina had taken a hint from her mother?s style ? she might resemble her father more in personality, but growing up as Leia Organa Solo?s daughter had taught her a few things ? and stayed calm and gave her position pleasantly ? and convincingly, because her parents, after reminding her that Winter was only a call away should they need anything, had left them alone.

It had seemed great last night. Staying up late, eating too much junk food, getting into movies their parents had deemed inappropriate ? all fun. Sleeping in late was nice, too.

Well, Jaina and Anakin had, anyway. Jacen, apparently, had gotten up early and decided to try making breakfast.

Jaina looked back and forth between the mess on her plate and her brother, weighing how much Jacen?s feelings would be hurt against how much it would suck to choke down the whatever-this-was. She decided ? barely ? in favor of her twin. Taking a big breath, she quickly scooped up a some of the half-liquid blob and shoved it in her mouth before she could lose her resolve.

It was the most horrible thing she?d ever tasted.

Smoked gundark. Her father?s too-burnt nerf steak. The sludge that came out of the cafeteria at the Jedi Academy. All better than this.

She gulped it down and reached for a glass of blue milk that Jacen had thoughtfully ? and thankfully ? remembered to provide. She swallowed it as quickly as she could, drinking almost half the cup before she got the taste out of her mouth.

Jacen, seemingly oblivious to her reaction to his meal, grinned. ?What do you think??

?Um . . . it?s really different,? Jaina tried. ?You did a great job, really, getting up early and making me breakfast.?

Jacen shrugged. He seemed to accept her words and was pleased with himself. ?I wanted to prove that we?re almost adults and we can take care of ourselves ? including feeding ourselves more than take-out from the Corellian place down the

2. Darthrevan4ever

Darthrevan4ever Jedi Master star 6

May 3, 2008
    very good it was great =D=

3. TheSwordJainaSoloFel

TheSwordJainaSoloFel Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 3, 2008
    Jaina looked at her plate in horror. These are scrambled eggs? Oh Force.

Anakin looked at Jaina?s plate, and Jaina could see her own horrified expression mirrored in her younger brother?s face.

?I think I?ll just have a piece of juri fruit.?

[face_laugh] Too funny! I loved it! Great job of capturing the Solo kids' personalities from the YJK series.

4. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL, great premise.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    darthrevan4ever: Thanks!!

TheSwordJainsSoloFel: Thanks!! That?s what I was going for :)

Ish: Thanks!

6. Jaina_Solo_59

Jaina_Solo_59 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2004
    That was great. :D

Now, I'm wondering. Did Jacen taste the eggs before hand and decide to torture his sister, or was he really that oblivious?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.