main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Scrap Remnants

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Tonin, Jan 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tonin

Tonin Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2001
    My boyfriend's mother was cleaning out her sewing room closet and gave me a giant box full of fabric remnants letover from the quilts she's made. Anyone have and suggestions on what i could do with all this fabric. I hate for it to go to waste but i can't really think of anything to do with it.

2. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Obi-Wan and his Amazing Technicolor Jedi Robe?

3. FERDALUMP

FERDALUMP Jedi Youngling star 3

May 12, 2002
    Barbie or other doll clothes for fun or to sell. Ebay is a great place to sell OOAK (one of a kind) Doll clothes, and Padme ones always sell great.

If you belong to a sewing guild locally they do fabric swaps and some quilter would be more than happy to get a lot like that, and they might swap you for some stuff you could use in your sewing.

If you want to take up quiliting, Paper Piecing is very easy and only uses tiny pieces of fabric--'Grannie Suzannie' makes great patterns for Paper Piecing quilts. Crazy quilting also requires small and odd shaped pieces. Yo-Yo Quilts are really cute and take a small amount of material. You can take the handwork anywhere and work on it as you desire. You can also make Yo-Yo doilies, and runners and pillows out of odd pieces and scraps.

Finally, if you don't want to sew them up into something--You might be able to list them as a quilting lot on ebay to make some extra Moo-Lah! :0)

~Have Fun!

~Ferd ;)

4. Tonin

Tonin Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2001
    I think i might try the doll clothes, any suggestions on where to start?

Also at the very bottom of this box was about 4 yards worth of red satin, sadly though the largest peices are only about 1/2 a yard in size. What's something i oculd make to wear for myself with that? it's too pretty to simple make doll clothes out of it.

5. ecila

ecila Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    Hi,
    How about a corset? Most corset patterns have 8 or so pieces made from 1 yd of material. Also, how about a scarf or a sash for a belt? If you know any little girls, you could make them dress up clothes. My three neices love playing dress up, and there are so many great patterns, like gypsies and ballerinas.

I am sure you will find your inspriration! Good luck!

ecila

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.