main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Screenings?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by forcestudios, Jun 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. forcestudios

forcestudios Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2010
    My son is 4 and dying to start seeing Star Wars. But we both insist it be in a theatre. Does anyone have any knowledge of someone in Southern California (I'm in L.A. area) with a print? I could rent a theatre and let everyone here know.

I'm assuming projecting the DVDs digitally would look pretty crappy.

I want to start with Episode I but Episode IV would be acceptable.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

2. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    As far as I know, most theaters won't have a print right now. I'm guessing the independent ones such as the New Beverly, the ones run by American Cinematheque (Aero and Egyptian) and the like usually get their prints on a case by case basis. The AMCs, Arclights, and Laemmles would all be way too expensive to rent out. I don't know if they do that at all. Unfortunately, your best bet in my opinion is to just buy a personal projector (which will be expensive, but less so than renting a place out I imagine), and playing it at a private location

Also, on a side-note.....start the kid off with Episode IV, for goodness sake. It's much better that way. And see if you can get the theatrical cuts while you're at it. Shouldn't be too difficult with the "limited Edition" DVD releases from 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.