main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Screenwriter needs Sith Background Information

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by WhisperingDeath, May 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhisperingDeath

WhisperingDeath Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Hello, i am attempting to create a screenplay for a movie where 5 sith need to be present. I assume that the only time to do this into the cronology would be way before TPM. However i need some background info.
    1) Exactly how did the dark side of the force become apparent?
    2) Is the side of the force the jedi are a part of known as the 'light side of the force' or the 'bright side of the force' or what?
    3) Was the Jedi council put together at this time?
    $) Were lightsabers around at this time?
    5) How was the dark side eradicated?
    6) How long of a time span were their Sith Loards operating?

I would really apreciate any other background Info on the sith also.

Thanx for your help

2. Jedi_Wurth_Skidder

Jedi_Wurth_Skidder Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 7, 2002
    According to the Star Wars Essential Chronology:

1. The first Jedi appeared 25,000 years before ANH and were philosophers. They studied the Force's light, dark, living, and unifying aspects, and they prophesized that one day a Chosen One would arise and bring balance to the Force.

2. Jedi study the light side of the Force.

3. The Jedi Council was established after the first Dark Jedi were outcast, about 6000 years before ANH.

4. It doesn't say an exact date when the first lightsaber's were created, but it does say "future generations" after the first Jedi appeared, so I would assume it was somewhere around 24,500 years. Basically make up your own date :).

5. The Dark Side was never eradicated. The first Dark Jedi were defeated in a great battle around 6000 years before AHN and were outcast from the Republic. They took their starships into exile and stumbled across a primitive world of people. These people were called the Sith and the Dark Jedi ruled them. Eventually the Dark Jedi became known as the Sith. At about 1000 years before ANH, the Sith were exterminated except for one Sith Lord, Darth Bane. Darth Bane was the one who established the Sith rule of "one master, one apprentice."

6. The Sith operated from around 6000 years before ANH to the present (Kyp Durron was the last member of the Sith we know about, surely there's more Sith out there that just aren't part of the NJO storyline).

Hope that helps... if you have any more questions, I can simply scan you the chapters on the ancient Jedi and the ancient Sith.

3. WhisperingDeath

May 25, 2002
    Interesting, thank you for your help. Here are my thoughts, once again in numbered order.

1) I was under the impression that the Dark Jedi were eradicated 2000 years before TPM, which is only what? 30 years before ANH?

2) What incited the breakoff between dark loards and jedi

3) what incited the war between dark loards and jedi

4) how long did the war last? why did the dark loard go to sith instead of Hoth or any number of other planets?

5) what happened to the dark loards while they were on sith?

6) why, how, and by who where the sith eradicated?

I am composing a story that involved a 5v5 jedi vs. sith battle so i need to know about the time where this would be possible. Thank you for your help, and I would like to have any literature available about this time period.

4. Aftermath

Aftermath Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2001
    I suggest you check outTimetales. Its very useful.

5. WhisperingDeath

May 25, 2002
    Thanx, yes this is very helpful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.