main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Script for my movie

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by Welshguy, Jul 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Ok, it?s the second draft so far and the movie doesn?t have a name or opening scrawl yet but I think this one works a little better than the first draft I wrote. Let me know what you all think. All feed-back is greatly appreciated.

Shot of Obi-Wan?s ship flying through space. Heading towards the planet of Naboo.

Show shot of Anakin looking up to the sky, sensing his former master?s arrival.

Anakin: This should be interesting.

Obi-Wan?s ship lands near the top of the volcano where Anakin waits. Obi-Wan shuts down his ship and climbs out.
    The master and his former apprentice look at each other, between them smoke from the volcano spills out.

Obi-Wan: You have grown strong in the force my young apprentice, but you are no Jedi.

Anakin: The Jedi are weak and foolish my former master. The Emperor has shown me a path that has made me more powerful than you could possibly imagine.

Obi-Wan: No Anakin, can you not see that he is just using you to achieve his evil plans. You have chosen the wrong path, you have been blinded by the dark side. Palpatine only wants power, the power of fear to rule over the republic. Without you he is nothing. Anakin, I beg of you, renounce him now and end this suffering that he has brought to the galaxy.

Anakin: You fool. *laughs* He cannot be stopped now. Not by you, not by me, not by anyone. His grip over this galaxy will become so strong that people will shudder at his very name and will beg on their knees for his mercy. As will you in time.

Obi-Wan: I don?t think so. What would Padme say to you now Anakin, if she could see what you had done. What would she say if she could see the suffering and pain you had caused, that you were planning to cause. Would she still love you?

Anakin: *shouts* Don?t you dare mention her name. You took her away from me, it?s your fault that she?s gone. We were meant to be together and you and the Jedi council ruined it. You destroyed it all. The least I could do in return is destroy everything you and your Jedi kind hold dear. All I needed was a reason and The Emperor gave me that.

Obi-Wan: Anakin, no. That?s not what happened. The Emperor has lied to you. We were trying to help you, we were trying to prevent your fall to the dark side.

Anakin: By taking away what I held most dear?

Obi-Wan: You needed our intervention Anakin, what we did we thought was for the greater good. It was the only way.

Anakin: You made your choice Obi-Wan and I have made mine. You have held me back long enough, now you will see my true power.

2. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Anakin ignites his lightsaber.

Obi-Wan: I see now that there is truly no reaching you, you have been lost to the dark side. May the galaxy forgive me for my failings as your master. But there are many skills that you have not yet learned from me my young Padawan. Let us begin the final lesson.

Obi-Wan ignites his lightsaber.

The music (possibly dual of the fates, although an original piece would be nice) builds as Anakin and Obi-Wan move towards each other with their lightsabers raised, ready to battle to the death.

Anakin and Obi-Wan have a big and powerful lightsaber fight. Obviously some kind of fight co-ordinator would be needed to make this fight look as good and spectacular as it deserves to be.

Anakin pushes Obi-Wan over onto his back, sending his sprawling.

Anakin: Your powers are weak old man, you should not have come here.

Obi Wan: I think you?ll find that I still have a couple of tricks up my sleeve.

Obi-Wan does a summersault over the head of Anakin and lands behind him, he moves to slice him in half (similar to Darth Maull) but Anakin senses the attack and blocks him, they continue to fight.

Obi-Wan: Qui-Gon-Gin, Padme, Mace Windu, they would all still be alive if it wasn?t for your foolishness.

Anakin grows more angry and attacks Obi-Wan with renewed vigour.

Anakin: It?s all your fault, you held me back too long, you were always jealous of my strength with the force. And now you will get to experience the true power of the dark side first hand, it will destroy you as it has all the other Jedi.

Anakin and Obi-Wan continue their fight to the death, lightsabers clashing as the smoke from the Volcano spills out around them.

Obi-Wan starts to get the better of Anakin and hits him to the ground and sends his lightsaber flying away. Obi-Wan raises his lightsaber and prepares to strike down his former apprentice.

3. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Obi-Wan: You have chosen your path Anakin, now you will suffer the same fate as so many of the Jedi you have killed. But you will die without their honour and strength.

Obi-Wan moves to strike him down, lightsaber cutting though the smoke, until it and he are enveloped in a burst of blue lighting. Obi-Wan falls to the ground, lightning screaming through his body, doubled up in pain. From the side of the shot the Emperor enters, emerging from the smoke of the volcano, hood covering most of his face.

Emp: You are strong in the force my Jedi friend. I did not expect anyone to be able to stand up to the might of young Skywalker.?

Obi-Wan still lies on the ground in deep pain, looking up at the Emperor. Anakin stands up and walks to the side of Palpatine.

Anakin: My master, the mission is almost complete. All the Jedi have been purged. All that remains is this insignificant threat.?

Emp: You have indeed done well Anakin, I doubt I could teach you anything more. And yet you have still failed me. Your feelings for your former master have clouded your ability, you should have destroyed him easily. Only by completely giving your self over to the dark side will you achieve your true potential.

Anakin: I have served you without question master, I have done everything you have asked of me. I truly believe that I have given myself as completely as I could to your cause and your beliefs. I can do no more.

Anakin turns his back on the Emperor and walks away.

Emp: You believe you have served me to the best of our abilities and yet you have failed me still. I still sense the light side within you. You have left me no choice Anakin, I require your full obedience if I am to rule the galaxy. You truly will become the most powerful of all, however it will be by my hand that you will achieve the final step in your ascendance. I only hope that you live up to your potential.

The Emperor sends wave after wave of blue lightning from his fingers, causing Anakin to drop his lightsaber and double up in pain.

Emp: Now I will truly make you my slave.

The Emperor raises Anakin off the ground and sends him flying into the volcano.

The Emperor looks down at Obi-Wan, now on his knees.

4. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Emp: He spoke the truth when he spoke of you Obi-Wan Konobi. You are insignificant. You, the last of an order that no longer exists. Your sentence will be to live out your days knowing that you failed, knowing that the all-powerful Jedi have been crushed and destroyed due to their weakness.?

Obi-Wan looks down in despair and anguish.

Obi-Wan: What of Anakin?

Emp: Anakin is no more. All of the Jedi that you once knew have been destroyed. All is lost for your kind, there is no hope.?

The Emperor walks away from Obi-Wan, leaving him lying on the ground. A broken and defeated man.

Emp: (to imperial guard behind him) Ready the chamber and operating droids, there is no time to waste. I will make him dependent on me for his very air he breathes.

*Over radio*
    We have him your highness, we are transporting him to the medical ship.

Emp: Excellent, just as I foresaw it. Now he will truly be my servant, now he will become what I make him. Now he will become Lord Darth Vader. *Evil cackle*

The Emperor boards his ship and along with a few others takes off and heads back towards Coruscant.

Obi-Wan opens his eyes and sees Anakin?s lightsaber lying on the ground next to him. He gets up onto his knees and picks it up, fastening it to his belt. He looks up to the sky, tears in his eyes.

Obi-Wan: *screams* ANAKIN!

His eyes suddenly become focused, the force taking over him, sending him into some kind of trance.

Obi-Wan: Luke. Luke. He is the only New Hope we have now.

Obi-Wan gets into his Jedi Star Fighter and closes the canopy.

Obi-Wan: Set a course for Tatooine R4. I shall stay there until the force decides that he is ready. Until the force is strong enough to destroy this evil, all is now lost. The Jedi have failed.

The End.

5. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Ok, any feed-back people? Anything?
    Hello????

6. Terra

Terra Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2000
    Sounds good, just a little enthusiastic for a fan film, I think, and it's always awkward to use established characters...

7. Terra

Terra Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2000
    Waaaaah, ignore above comment, I meant to say a little optimistic, since there are some tough scenes to film...

8. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Always with you it cannot be done. Sure, its a bit more ambitious than most "filmed in the local forest" fan-films but I believe that it could be something really special. Something that stands out from the usuall plotless lightsaber dual movies.
    I can see where your coming from with the whole established characters and actors thing, but i've already got all the main cast penciled in. With the right costumes, wigs and a little bit of make up I don't think that the viewer will feel cheated because we are not the actuall actors, just look-a-likes.

I've even started scouting around for locations that could be used. You know, the old mounds that were made when they pulled hundreds of thousands of tons of earth out of the ground from the mines actually make for fairly convincing volcanos (from the right angle). The only thing that could be dificult is the smoke that I wanted coming out of the valcano. But its fairly easy to work around that, a change in the story shouldn't be too hard.

All I need now is £1000 or so to buy a decent Mini DV digital camera. Any donations?

I have also updated my script. Its not a massive change but there are some very interesting changes. Will post it soon. Hope you like it.

9. Mesa_Be_Back-Okeyday

Mesa_Be_Back-Okeyday Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2002
    good story- How about a name like:

POWER OF THE FORCE

or

POWER OF THE DARK SIDE

10. death-sticks

death-sticks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
  11. Mesa_Be_Back-Okeyday

Mesa_Be_Back-Okeyday Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2002
    Have you got an opening crawl yet? If not, try something like:

The turmoil in the galaxy has reached breaking point. In a desparate attempt to save his young apprentice's life, OBI WAN KENOBI travels on YODA'S command to take the only remaining step to save the Order of Jedi.

The pressure is high on OBI WAN's consience as he prepares to fight for all he believes in, as well a the fate of the galaxy.....

Oh yeah, off the top of my head, some new ideas's for titles:

Prelude To Hope

The Path Of Dark Side

The Final Stand

Fall To The Darkness

Again- great script. An exellent bridging point between Eposode II and A New Hope.

12. Tempestjonny

Tempestjonny Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    why don't you put it into script form and post it in the fan film forum... you'll get a better responce and some people that might want to help with it.

13. TANTIV

TANTIV Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2001
    Well im on board and am realy looking forward to it its a great script

14. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Thanks for the nice comments Tantiv. However this is a fairly old script and is no longer the project we are working on. If you read the "word" attachment I sent you, you will get the full, new script, which is totally different (and quite a bit longer) than this one.

If anyone else is interested in a possible Welsh fan-force film the please send me an emial with details of your skills (relating to movie, eg camera man, sound, actor, makeup), age and where you live and I will be happy to send you a copy of the script.

Everything is still in pre-production at the moment, but all the necessary hardware and software that is needed to film a fan-film has been acquired (Sony VX-1000 camera, Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects) and test footage has even been shot. So if our interested or want to know more informaiton, please drop me a line.

15. TANTIV

TANTIV Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2001
    Thats the script i meant my friend

16. Fall-on-Jin

Fall-on-Jin Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 22, 2001
    Hey dude, Its "Dai". How about a new Thread for this?

And take it from me, The Script is Great, unlike the average run-of-the-mill fanfilm.

17. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Do'h. This is one of those times when you look back and think that you wrote made perfect sense, but when you think about it after someone has pointed out the bleading obvious, you realise that you must have left your brain in the pickle jar.

Tantiv - I don't know why I assumed you thought this was the script we were working on??? Lets just put this one down to "computer error" shall we?

Dai - Right, i'm finally going to do it! I'm going to post a new thread about the fan-film. Nothing can stop me now!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.