main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SC's Internet Rundown.

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by SoloCommand, Jun 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    Seeing as Summer's here, I thought I'd compile a list of stuff to keep everyone occupied for a month at least :p
    Hurrah for Downloading!

The Light Side: 56k and up

Tumiki Fighers 5.2 MB
      It's like R-Type... But It's... sticky.
      You fly around in your ikkle ship (sidescroll style), blow up enemy ships, then stick them to your own ship to use as a shield.
      3 Keywords. Crazy. Japanese. Goodness.

.kkrieger O_O
      I hav'nt seen this topic pop up at all in the forum, which surprises me, It's an FPS. You have a gun, and shoot Monters. I'm not telling you anything else, needless to say this game is potentially revolutionary.
      Why? Because it's only 97kb in size.

ScummVm 1.2MB
      Tired of trying to get Dott working in WinXP? Then look no further. ScummVm is the shizzniz (as JP and any other free thinking gamer will tell you... maybe in other words), allowing you to play all those retro games with enhances graphics and sound (whee!).
      Bonus? If you check the download page, you can now download Beneath a Steel Sky and Flight of the Amazon Queen for free. Which ain't no bad thing.

...Speaking of Adventure Games
      Maniac Mansion and Zak McKracken remake.
      I love the internet.

The Dark Side: Broadband Recommended.

Starsiege Tribes 150MB
      Tribes. Fast. Multiplayer. Fun. With Jetpacks.
      Starsiege Tribes has to be the most fun you can have on a Multiplayer Game, and to make things better, it's got absolutely massive guns, Jetpacks, some brilliant tactical team gameplay, Jetpacks, Grappling Hooks, fast and furious action gameplay and JETPACKS!!!

FarCry Demo 500MB
      There's two reasons you havn't played FarCry, either you think your PC is'nt graphically capable of playing it, or you're too lazy to try something new. If you're the former, you're probably right, but really, if you can play Knights of the Old Republic on your PC, you should definitely be able to play this. If you're the latter, HANG YOUR HEAD IN SHAME, you're missing out on the best FPS on the market at the moment. If you're waiting for Half Life 2 and Doom 3, why wait, FarCry combines the potential of both games, and delievers it with Havoc Enabled, Ragdoll throwing fun. With a Plethora of Vehicles. Tonnes of Multiplayer Modes. And a STAR WARS MOD already in the works, FarCry is definitely a game to to pick up.

Softimage XSI EXP 160MB
      Feeling Creative?
      This is a 3D Devopment tool that's primarily designed for those with an eye for modding Half Life 2 (even though it's not out yet :p). It's interesting to learn, and for once, you can tell people that you can model stuff in 3D with pride.
      Yummy.

Half Life in Under an Hour. 150MB AVI
      -think.circle- is now on my list of 'Good Old Boys'.
      50p says you can't beat him.

Alternative Therapy: Something a little different with an appetite for your free time.

Every Extend 9.5MB
      I can't get over this. This HAS to be one of the best games I've ever played. It takes 20 seconds to realise how to play it, you move around with the arrow keys, blow yourself up with 'z' and try and take as many blocks with you as you possibly can, building up uber cool chains.
      3 Keywords. Crazier. Japanese. Goodness.

Eve Online : The Second Genesis 400-600MB Client
      Well, my Summer is booked.
      Sched

2. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    nice links!

a word of caution about running .kkreiger. it will suck every ounce of CPU power you have. i had horrible framerates on my athlon xp2700. if you've got < a 2 Ghz processor dont even bother.

3. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    I've already played Tumiki Fighters. Really cool game and apparently it was made in........

D

4. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    D?
    Really?
    What are the benefits of it,
    And what can D do for me?

5. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    Ask not what D can do for you, ask what you can do for D.

OBK

6. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    D?
    Really?
    What are the benefits of it,
    And what can D do for me?

If you go the link for Tumiki Fighters, that you posted, you can scroll to the bottom of the page and there's a link for the D Programming Language.

7. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    I've never heard of any of those games

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.