Scuba and snorkeling.

Discussion in 'Orlando, FL' started by Sabacc, Aug 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabacc Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm in the midst of basic scuba certification with a NAUI instructor. My fascination with my new hobby has had me blathering on about it to anyone who'll listen. I've been surprised at the number of people who are actually already certified. I suppose it's significantly due to our being in Florida. Some of the people I never would have suspected. So here's a call to this band- who here has interest in scuba or freediving or has been certified as a diver? I expect to have my card by the end of the month. -Campbell
  2. raiza123 Jedi Knight

star 2
    What a coincidence, I'm taking a SCUBA class as well. I'm very impressed with the course and the instructor. He's very knowledgable & has an interesting sense of humor in his teaching method.

Anyone else love SCUBA as much as me?

Melanie

3. Sabacc Jedi Master

star 4
  4. LoboStele Jedi Knight

Hey me!! Me!! I love Scuba diving, snorkeling, etc...

Haven't been in a while...and actually, I need to get an updated card....still have my Junior's certification (means I can only dive with my Dad and I just never updated it since I never went diving with anyone else anyways...)

Let me know if ya'll are gonna go diving sometime!
  5. Sabacc Jedi Master

star 4
    We are. We're going to West Palm for our final set of checkout dives. That's in about a week and a half. In September, on the 17-19th we're staying at a resort near Islamorada to dive a few places in the Keys. Seems like it might be a little tight to try and get the new card by then, but if you are interested, our instructor has a pretty good deal, even for non-students, on the room and the dives.

You need to get the old ball and chain interested in the sport, too. :)
  6. raiza123 Jedi Knight

star 2
    tsk, tsk. How do we know he's not the ball & chain?

Melanie
  7. Sabacc Jedi Master

star 4
    After a grueling schedule of work and lots of driving and 5 check out dives, this weekend is finally over. Melanie and I have passed the physical skills tests of scuba certification- now it's only the dive table and practical knowledge tests. So close I can taste the murky lochwater.

We dove Lake Denton on Saturday and Sunday and had a ball. Really something else. In 3 weeks- Islamorada.
  8. Sabacc Jedi Master

star 4
    We did it. In addition to Aaron, the Orlando System has 2 new certified divers. Melanie's place is the designated dropoff spot for gifts, cash, and general back-patting. -Campbell
  9. Sabacc Jedi Master

star 4
    Heading down to The Keys for a couple of days, back in time for the DVDs' release. Wish us luck, we're gonna need it.
  10. askywalker98 Jedi Knight

star 1
    *wishes luck* Goodluck guys! And have fun!!!
  11. raiza123 Jedi Knight

star 2
    It was INCREDIBLE! We saw manatees in the marina both days, sharks, vibrant & funny looking fish, eels, jellyfish, baracuda and the last day the last dive there was a very large pod of 35-40 dolphins playing with our boat for a wonderfully long time. I can't say enough about this trip but I'm trying to keep this short.
    Sigh, too bad it's over so fast and now I'm back to work. That is in my top 10 favorite memories and in my top 10 vacation experiences so I'll need to add this to the top 10 post when I have a chance. More later..
    Melanie
  12. Sabacc Jedi Master

star 4
    It really was amazing. Visibility was 50 feet, seas were calm, skies were blue. The captains and experienced divers told us these dives were some of the best they've ever been on.

So now we're spoiled. My favorite memories are hanging weightless upside-down peaking in on a giant lobster and hovering a few feet away from a moray eel and a nurse shark. -Campbell
  13. RogueScribner Force Ghost

star 4
    Sounds like you guys had a really cool time. Any pics?

L8r
  14. Sabacc Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually, yes. Glad you asked- it'd most likely be a month till I developed them had you not. I'll make that a priority. Then there's the scanning. Hmm, wonder if I should get a CD made?
  15. RogueScribner Force Ghost

star 4
    You must join the digital realm. No fuss, no muss. :)

L8r
  16. Sabacc Jedi Master

star 4
    I've got a digital camera- got a good one in preparation for C2- but it doesn't handle 30 feet of water well, so I got a disposable for this particular use.
  17. raiza123 Jedi Knight

star 2
    So my pics are being developed on this trip finally & I'm getting them on cd too so I'll try to upload them to the site as soon as I can. I know you've all been dying to see them and the wait is not much longer.
    :p

Melanie
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.