main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Scum and Villainy (TNE #3, NJO AU, adventure/humour - updated 070303)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Sebulba2179, May 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Well, I guess Thorn showing up means the vacation's over. Loved the "dead people line". Somebody just get done watching The Sixth Senseagain?

I'm just a bit surprised that nobody else took Jaina up on her offer, though I'm sure "roughing it" will give Jacen and Jerrica time to practice.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

2. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I'm just a bit surprised that nobody else took Jaina up on her offer

I think they all find the bugs and icky water to be better company that their pissy sister.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

3. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I found it. :) thanks for the heads up Seb. Dang, these Solos live for trouble. And Ray is right there with them. :)

4. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    "So what do you see now, Jacen?" Jerrica asked pointedly. "Do you see a guy who's looking to represent this planet's interests in the Senate, or do you see some underhanded son of a bitch who's gonna squeeze it for every credit it's worth??

Hehehe.... I thought that was a clever way of Jerrica to drive her point home. ;)

Sixth Sense reference = good :p

And poor Ray... I think I would have advised him to vacation by himself this time around. ;)

As for Jerrica being camera-shy... afraid I can't relate there. I'm such a ham, I swear. Show me a camera and I'm there :p

5. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    PLJ - Ahhh, trouble! Don'tcha love it? :p I thought "Thorn" might be a good name for a disreputable Corellian, as long as it doesn't drive a WEDGE into the works. ;) Ray was hoping to keep those kids out of trouble, but we can see where that got him. [face_mischief]

Tych - Somebody has actually never seen Sixth Sense. ;) Aah, ya know, a Jedi's work is never done...even when he's taking a break...

RebelMom - Yep, and how could the story possibly get any better? :D

Saché - Like I said, Sixth Sense is a mystery to moi. Unlike you, Jerrica doesn't look different in every single picture she gets. ;)

6. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Ray just needs to learn that the T in all 3 of the Solos middle names stands for Trouble ;) They inherited that from Papa!

7. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Page four? Four?! This is too good to sink that far. Upitty UP UP UP!!!!!!

8. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Bahhh- Uppity do!

9. Sebulba2179

Feb 5, 2002
    Outside the sports bar, Jacen and Jerrica followed the masses - not a very difficult matter, since the masses seemed to be proceeding down the street with a singular purpose. As a passing native jogged him from behind, Jacen lifted his eyebrows and glanced around, watching the flow of foot traffic. "Looks like this Favoul guy has already swayed half the gene pool," he observed. "How much do you recall about him?"

"Enough to send him up East River in Coronet if I can prove it," Jerrica said derisively. "It'll probably jog my memory when I hear what he has to say." She nodded toward the now-visible downtown gazebo, shortly before which Jacen took due notice of the thickening crowds. The security, such as it was, could have put Jabba the Hutt's palace guards to shame - however easy a task that was.

"Can you think of any memories your mom or your brothers imparted to you?" Jacen queried.

"Oh, I could name a Sithload of those, but my mom is so biased she could run for public office. Jeke and Byrand, well, I just wish they'd make it a little easier for me to get in touch with them."

"You could always drop by your place and give 'em a rude surprise," Jacen suggested, shooting her a knowing smirk.

"Yeah, you wish," Jerrica snorted. "Like I really trust your sister's crappy hyperdrive that much."

"Hey, without it, we'd still be back in Rwookrrorro," Jacen pointed out. "Trying to figure out which end was up."

"Speak for yourself," a familiar, low-pitched, cynical voice rang out from behind them. "I'd have been at the other end of the Outer Rim by now."

Stopping short, Jacen turned around, cocking one eyebrow. "Ah, Ray," he greeted the irascible detective, who edged between them and kept moving. As he did so, the two Jedi fell into step with him, flanking him at both sides. "Fancy running into you here," Jacen continued. "What do you got?"

"I got a line from the bartender back at that cantina," Sorveli answered. "Caltutka's about ready to apply for Republic membership, in the hopes that it'll jack up the economy a little. Favoul's stomach started growling and he came out here from Corellia to jump on the Senate race."

"He running unopposed?" Jerrica asked.

"No, but he might as well be. His only opponent is some fat old Bothan lawyer who's been chasing medical speeders for most of his career, so you can imagine who's pulling in the majority."

"Greeeeat," Jerrica sighed, looking ahead toward the gazebo.

"You know, if Favoul came all the way here from Corellia to jump in as senator, that's our first crumb of evidence right there," Jacen said. "Especially when this so-called opponent you describe has a different definition of representing the planet. I shouldn't wonder if he's more concerned with messing around with the justice system than he is with the well-being of the populace."

"Yeah, well maybe on Dathomir, the social order grants a tree house to everybody and two rancors in the pen," Sorveli said morosely. "But out here, Favoul will let the people do as they please if it goes to his own benefit."

"Benefits are the last thing he has to worry about," Jerrica muttered under her breath as she and her compadres made their way to one of the security checkpoints before the gazebo. For a moment, Sorveli almost shot her a quizzical glance, a slight frown on his mug. He had once said the same thing about her when he suspected her of knowing involvement with the Toliare family. Was this just an idle comment, or had Jacen let it slip to her in recent weeks?

It was no matter, Sorveli told himself. Since then, Jerrica had more than proved herself to him; and right now he needed whatever help she could offer. They could hear Favoul beginning his speech already, but the security guard standing several feet away from the checkpoint drowned him out as they approached.

"Sorry, folks," he said, restraining Jacen from proceeding. "Only people who get in are the ones who've already been cleared through security."

"Look, he's a Jedi, okay?" Sorveli said loudly, gesturing repeatedly b

10. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I think Ray is going to be doing a lot of sighing. ;)

You have got the knack for writing white collar crime. Remind me never to make a business deal with you. ;)

11. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Woohoo! New postie! :D

Well this party should be fun. W/ 4 Jedi and one great cop on the case, Thorn doesn?t have a chance to stick this planet with looser ways.

Jacen stood clear, staring at the spectacle in utter bafflement. Not only was he under the distinct impression that Jerrica's last name wasn't Gaddis, but he had been hoping for a chance that Favoul didn't actually know her. Now that the chance was altogether ruined, Jacen saw a severe limit on their options for confounding the man.

Hee hee- Poor Jacen getting a whole new view into his padawan?s former life- including knowing criminals.

Jacen nearly gaped in surprise, but hurriedly shut his trap to avoid drawing suspicion. He felt Jerrica's excitement already; if only he could tell what was on her mind, his would be much more at ease. If he knew her, she wouldn't so readily accept an invitation from a man she knew better than any of them to be an organised criminal. She had to be cooking something just as devious as Favoul's scheme, and he could only hope she would let the rest of them in on it later.

I?m sure Jacen?s feeling a little uneasy about Jerrica taking the lead- since he?s the one who?s usually in charge.

"Well, it's because of Favoul that the standard of living in that part of town isn't exactly up to Hapan levels." Almost instantly, Jerrica regretted mentioning the Hapes cluster, knowing of Jacen's former acquaintance with a member of its royal family. If he was chagrined, though, he didn't show it.

Oh yikes! Bad comment, Jerrica. I sense eventual TK bashing arriving :(

"Unless my hearing's going south, Jerrica just said it was up to us to figure out a way around that," Jacen grinned, getting up and heading for the crew's quarters. "I'm in if you are."

Sorveli sighed.

Hee hee- Ray should?ve known he wouldn?t?ve made it out of his vacation w/o getting his suit dirty- not w/ the Solo kids along. :p

12. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    Great googly-moogly! I loved the "overkill" on the drainage pipes. I think all this adventuring is starting to mae Jacen a little loopy in the head. He's surrendered to the sneaky side of the Force. ;)

And Mom's right. Poor Ray. He should have found out where the Solo kids were going and done his best to be on the total opposite side of the galaxy :D

Wow... this Favoul guy is one tough cookie to crack. He seems to know his stuff. It'll be fun to see him topple ;)

13. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Yet another great post Sebby, and well worth the wait.

That was the wrong piece of advice to give to Jacen Solo.

I think I can see why.

Do you ever stop being that pretty young thing from the Kortell Street schoolyard?"

Now don't get jealous, Jacen. Though a bit of worry might be appropriate.

"I'm guessing these cronies you mentioned had more influence than a plague?" Sorveli spoke up.

Now why am I not surprised???

"I'm in if you are."

Well, his last name ain't Solo for nothin'! :D

I can't wait to see where you take this one, Sebby.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Upsie Wupsie! :D

15. Sebulba2179

Feb 5, 2002
    RebelMom - Ray's probably going to hyperventilate eventually from all his sighing. ;)

PLJ - Yeah, I'd say Jacen's been thrown for a bit of a loop...he'll bounce back, though. Don't want our hero to get insecure, do we? :D

Saché - Heh...well, I've envisioned Gene Hackman playing Favoul. Since he played Lex Luthor in the Superman movies, I say there's no better choice or inspiration for an evil genius. [face_devil]

Tych - I guess Ray just knows that no matter what happens, those kids are going to wind up in a jam, so he'll have to come along as damage control. :p Aah - Jacen will still have issues with Favoul even if he doesn't act like the original dirty old man...

16. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Upping this so that our author doesn't have to slog through a whole ton of fic to find it.

Tych_sel

17. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Boom chak-a-lak-a-lak-a-boom! Uppity-boom!

:p

18. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Hee hee hee- UPPPPPP!!!!

19. Sebulba2179

Feb 5, 2002
    Better punt this before it locks automatically - there's an update up and coming! :D

20. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    :eek: :eek: Passes out from shock! :eek: :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.