Calgary SDCC Collectors News

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Dooks, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dooks Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok the San Deigo Comic-Con is in full swing and there is loads of news for star wars collectors here's what I've found so far. First up Gentle Giant as they announce a new statue of Count Dooku & Asajj Ventress check out this photo as it's still in the prototype stage but is amazing.

http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22876

Most fans may remember the pose as it is taken from the star wars insider cover when they did the issue on the Sith as it had 4 variant covers. They also announced a Darth Sidious animated maquette but there were no pics posted yet but it was descibed as an action pose should be awesome.

Sideshow finally showed fans the figure that they voted for when sideshow first got the star wars brand and that was Illum Padme as seen in the Clone Wars animated series. In my opinion she looks great and you can see more pics of her at www.rebelscum.com and www.jedidefender.com will make a great addition to any sideshow collection. Also on hand was the recently announced Bespin Luke 1:6 scale figure and again sideshow knocks it out of the park as they capture the likeness of Mark Hamill perfectly sweet piece. Also in 1:6 scale figure news they had the Prinecess Leia on hand also but with improved features didn't really notice a difference from when I saw it at C4.

Sideshow is also adding another diorama in the "Look sir, droids" which I think looks cool but would like to see it up close to get the full affect. On a side note (no pun intended) sideshow collectibles announce that they now have the Indiana Jones brand and will produce 1:6 scale and Premium Format figures for the movies as it will include Indy 4 and all the previous one too.

Ok that's all for now look for a Hasbro update and more.
  2. Starkiller77 Jedi Knight

star 3
    That Dooku/Ventress statue could be the wickedest thing GG has ever done...
  3. Dooks Jedi Master

star 4
    Pic of the Darth Sidious animated maquette can be seen at www.galactichunter.com.
  4. ShatirLavan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Dooks, let me be the first on the list for one of those Dooku Ventress statues whenever it comes out.
  5. PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I see they revealed the Mando pack finally
    http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS87467AA
  6. ShatirLavan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Is it just me, or do two of those guys look entirely too much like Walon Vau and Kal Skirata, but they put different names on them?
  7. TapeTrooper515 Jedi Knight

star 2
    OYA!!! At last... I can not realy think of anything to say that can express what I feel when I look at all those MANDOS! And if that's not Kal Skirata then I'm a Kowakian monkey-lizard, they seem to be taking many libertys with the naming of this set (I notice they did not actualy name the Omegas). You will of course be getting this set, correct Dooks?
  8. Dooks Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah the Mando set should be coming here just waiting for the word and in other news sideshow just announced there next Star Wars VS diorama. It will be Yoda VS Count Dooku from Attack of the Clones no pics right now so keep your eyes on rebelscum.com and other collecting sites.

Have to say that both sideshow and gentle giant have the most exciting products so far at this convention. Mando pack was nice but not as good as I expected so I think hasbro needs to set it up alittle.
  9. TapeTrooper515 Jedi Knight

star 2
    What exactly were you expecting?
  10. PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    The mando pack is cool but, why put Omega Squad in it. 1 black RC but all 4. And 2 regular clones with a Death Head on their chest. How original. More original Mandos would have been good. Wheres Jaster???? and Montros, or any of the Death Watch cuz they were Mandos too at one point. Come on Hasbro.

I do hope you can get a Yoda and Obi Exclusive?
  11. TapeTrooper515 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well, we just got the six (correct me if I am wrong) first ever non-Fett Mandalorian figures ever, I dont think Jaster and the rest will be too far behind. Besides, for an army builder and Karen Traviss fan like me those mando clones and Omega squad are a dream come true! There are other things I also would have liked to see in the pack as well ( Bardan and Etain) but this pack is a good sign that we will see more EU mando'ade in the future
  12. PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I was reading somewhere that the mando packs are actually hasbro employees faces.
  13. TapeTrooper515 Jedi Knight

star 2
    That would be... weird...[face_thinking]
  14. Dooks Jedi Master

star 4
    Yep that's what they are reporting but still cool to have yourself imortalized as an action figure. As for the set itself I didn't know what to expect I thought we may get some more well know expanded universe figures but Omega Squad is cool and the mandos are cool it's just not a priority for me collecting wise. Don't get me wrong that may change when it's actually in front of me but it's also my collecting habits are changing and not as focused on the basic figures anymore.

Now what they need to do is make a really awesome looking Republic Commando diorama or statue man that would be amazing.
  15. ShatirLavan Jedi Knight

star 3
    How about a statue of Ventress and Anakin? Just like this.

[image=http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h85/ShatirLavan/moment.jpg]

I could go for one of those.

16. TapeTrooper515 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Normaly I would not have a problem with them putting their faces on figures, exept that a number of these figures are clearly taken from sources that have faces (Kal Skirata for example), but what am I complaining about, they are still awsome!

They did have some sort of limited edition Republic Commando statue a while back, but I don't recall the details.
  17. TapeTrooper515 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I told you more EU mandos were comming. Check out RebelScum.com, they are already making Mandalore into a figure.
  18. Dooks Jedi Master

star 4
    Loads of cool stuff is coming man it's going to be great to be a star wars fan / collector. I like the star wars transformers that are coming out cody/tank, at-at driver/ at-at and the comic packs look to be getting better and better.
  19. Dooks Jedi Master

star 4
    Some Kotobukiya news as images have surfaced on 2 new ones and those being a Senate Royal Guard(Blue) and a Yoda VS Darth Sidious both look great. Pics can be seen at rebelscum or at sandtroopers.com I believe. The senate guard is a slight re-tool of the royal guard that's coming out, the Yoda VS Sidious is amazing as it has the emperor shotting force lightning at Yoda just too cool.

Also in Indiana Jones news you can see images of the basic figure line for the upcoming release as they have both the basic figures and a galactic heroes style figure also pics at rebelscum and cooltoyreview.com.
  20. Obi_Wan_Cody Jedi Knight

star 1
    Have the Darth Malak and Darth Revan fan fav toys come out yet? I really wanna get my hands on those!!!
  21. Dooks Jedi Master

star 4
    The Malak and Reavan figure will be out in Wave 4 of the 30th anniversary collection if you need them let me know.
  22. TapeTrooper515 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I will definitely need them!
    I'm hoping they also decide to do the rest of the Ebon Hawk's crew, they are already doing Nihilus in an Evolutions pack.

Are you going to be getting the SDCC Hasbro exclusives at Red 5?
  23. Dooks Jedi Master

star 4
    Working on that right now and the Elite Squad pack (14 pack Mando's and Omega Squad) is a done deal these start showing up in november. Get your names in now for that one should be pretty popular and the figures of Nileus and Bane are gonna be sweet.
  24. Dooks Jedi Master

star 4
    SDCC Exclusives are a done deal and will be coming later this month.
  25. Obi_Wan_Cody Jedi Knight

star 1
    I will totally need those 2 when they come in. Thanks alot.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.