main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA SDFF Meeting October 2013 - Thursday October 24 - Meeting Notes

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Lord_Dubi, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Lord_Dubi

Lord_Dubi Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    The Meeting took Place on Thursday October 24, 2013 from 7-9 PM, at the Mira Mesa Souplantation

Lots of soup, salads, and pastas and...other foods...were consumed...

The Legend of Korra is getting good!

Someone was kicking @$- at Pokémon, while another anonymous player logged on at Souplantation...a hunt for the said player was proposed, but never took place...

Upcoming Events discussed:

• November 1-3, 2013: Stan Lee's Comikaze Expo, LA Convention Center -

http://comikazeexpo.com/

- Star Wars celebrities of note attending: Jim Cummings - Hondo Ohnaka - Star Wars: The Clone Wars; Cas Anvar - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - background character voices; and Nathan Hamill - Mark Hamill's son and was in Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace - Pod Race Spectator / Naboo Palace Guard; Bonnie Burton - Star Wars author; Tom Hodges - Star Wars artist, and more...

• November 23-24, 2013: Long Beach Comic and Horror Con, Long Beach Convention Center - http://www.longbeachcomiccon.com/

Upcoming Movies and Possible Midnight (or sometimes earlier) Screenings at Edwards Mira Mesa (to be organized by Brian and sometimes Rachel):

• Friday, November 1: Ender's Game

• Thorsday, November 7: Thor: The Dark World 8:30 PM in IMAX 3D - Discuss Here
    - Plot theory 1...Loki get's re-incarnated into Thor's girlfriend [Natalie Portman] and causes much havok...in the Dark World...

• Thursday, November 11: Hunger Games: Catching Fire - 8:00 PM in RPX - Discuss Here

• The Hobbit tickets go on sale November 1st - and Hollywood is full of liars, telling us there will be 2 Hobbit movies, then changing it to 3.

Our Club Holiday party (¡Christmahannukwanzuthanksgivikkahdelosmuertosoftheforce!) needs planning, will happen sometime in the first or second week of December, traditionally held at Mimi's Mira Mesa. Plan for lots of food, fun, and a White Bantha Gift Exchange [details coming soon]. A Sea World octopus menorah may be brought.

"Christmas vomits over everything." -- Rachel (as observed in every store and mall even now)

If anyone has suggestions for the November meeting, i.e., Date, Time, Place, etc...please let it be known...

2. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I'm not making Ender's Game a club event. I have no interest in giving that homophobic jerk Orson Scott Card any money or using the club to promote him and his evil agenda.

Miana Kenobi and Lord_Dubi like this.
  3. yoshiki

yoshiki Jedi Master star 2

Aug 21, 2003
    I'm with you. OSC doesn't represent what I believe is an inclusive tolerant community that is star wars fandom.

Lord_Dubi likes this.
  4. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Plus the movie's going to suck.

DarthBrian likes this.
  5. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    This too.