main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA SDSWS Meeting THURSDAY May 23!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediG60racer, May 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Sorry for the late notice, people. There's been such a clamoring for a meeting right away that we've been scrambling to come up with an evening we could meet. So, we're doing dinner on Thursday evening.

Plan on it being from 6pm til 8pm approximately. We haven't picked a place to meet and eat yet; we'll be posting that info later tonite! But I just wanted to get the info out that we *will* be meeting that evening! Oh yeah, it'll be someplace relatively inexpensive (under $15) to eat where we can take up a lot of room and be there awhile. I'm thinking Soup Plantation... but if you have suggestions on a restaurant please IM me or MaraJadeFan right away!

2. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Chuck E Cheese. [face_plain]

3. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    We will be discussing some important issues regarding the future of the San Diego Star Wars Society, and will need to vote on a few matters such as T-Shirts, and whether or not to use the proceeds to pay for a table at the comic con etc. It is important that the founding members, those on the webteam, or anyone who is interested in getting more involved in the SDSWS attend. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at marajade@cox.net. Also, please post here if you plan to attend so we can get an accurate head count.

Thanks! See you Thursday!

PS... If transportation is an issue, please post here. Our members live all over the city and county, chances are that someone lives near you and you could arrange to car pool to the meeting.

4. fx88

fx88 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2001
    i'll probably come if it's this important

5. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Dave,

I'm glad you can make it as we will be discussing your logo design and voting on putting it on T-shirts, patches, caps, mugs, the banner etc. Your input is very much needed.

6. Sith_241

Sith_241 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    Darn, I dont think i can make it thursday but i will try. Would it be possible to try to hold some meetings on weekends? For those of us that dont live in San Diego.

7. TK-1178

TK-1178 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 21, 2002
    I'm free that night! But STILL no car yet.....just can't stop buying Props and tools to make MORE props..... :p

Jeff

8. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Sith_241, The other meetings were on weekends, except for the midnight madness event, and most meetings will take place on the weekends. This is more of a "business" meeting than a fun event anyway, but hopefully it will be fun for those attending. We have a lot of issues to discuss and vote on.

9. Xtant_Tyranus

Xtant_Tyranus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2002
    Well since Darth Brian views me as a "PHANTOM MENACE" to his schemes, i dunno if I am wanted to arrive for the first time as a "Lost Member" , since i am a graphics designer and i have access to discounts on HIGH END HOME THEATER THX, i dunno if im going or not??

=( =(

10. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    I have schemes? ?[face_plain]

Cool.

11. Xtant_Tyranus

May 20, 2002
    Yes you do my young apprentice, and in time, I will train you in the ways of the Sith where your previous Master FAILED!!

12. Xtant_Tyranus

May 20, 2002
    Mara Jade, am I allowed to attend or do I have to pay some kind of Membership fee or can I freeload for a year or so???

I was told I need your permission......................................................................................

all my SN end with Tyranus

:D

13. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Tyranus,

You are welcome to attend the meeting on Thursday provided you "play nice" with the rest of us. ;)

Linda :)

14. Xtant_Tyranus

May 20, 2002
    What makes you think i wont play nice????

:D

15. Darth_Vegeta

Darth_Vegeta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2001
    Where and what time is the meeting? I may be able to make it depending on the time.

16. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    It will be at a restaurant from 6-8pm, we haven't decided on the place yet, we are open to suggestions.

17. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I'll throw out a couple of ideas... all these places are pretty central for the sake of equal travel from most anywhere in SD, and they're quiet enough/roomy enough inside that we can carry on an effective meeting.

Soup Plantation, Mission Gorge Road
    DZ Akins, 70th St + the 8 freeway
    San Diego Chicken Pie Shop, El Cajon Blvd

and for the sake of those people who loved my baklava, there's the
    Greek Islands Cafe at Seaport Village... (yes, that's the restaurant where I'm the senior chef.) We also own the italian restaurant next door so we could order a smattering of pizza and greek food. And it's in the food court area of Seaport Village so there's also fish, burgers, a deli, mexican food, etc. Lot of variety and it'll be slow enough on a Thurs nite that we can take over the whole place.

Preferences everyone?

18. TK-1178

TK-1178 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 21, 2002
    I'd go for Soup Plantation! Different things to eat and Veggie friendly to our vegetarian members.

The Chicken Pie shop tends to cater to an older crowd and we may scare them off.....never really liked their food any way...but FAST service! lol

19. homeless_jedi

homeless_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2002
    HEY GUYS. i just came back to work. i been off all week from work seen star wars 6 times already. loved it. . and i only get online while at work. weird huh. anyways. i got finals on thurs. at 7pm. my math class. but i will try to be there. and of course i work every weekend. work sux. im just finishing up the the madness tape!

20. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    Mmmmm....D.Z. Akins. [face_love]

21. Darth_Vegeta

Darth_Vegeta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2001
    The first 2 locations would be perfect...would the Chicken Pie Shop be big enough? I've never been there, but it looks pretty small from the outside.

22. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    pencilling in 6-9 on thursday night... i would recommend a place in mission valley...
    easier freeway access than the chicken pie shop (and we wouldnt have to scare the old people).. how about the food court at fashion valley (people could eat what they wanted, and we could just have a bunch of tables together) or at denny's (on friars rd just off 163)

james

23. ValueROCKR

ValueROCKR Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2002
    i HAVE to work till 10pm on thursday no gettin out of it.... i could quit... but the freelancin is so hard its nice to have a paycheck regularly

24. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Jon,

Can your friend who made the shirts come to the meeting? Was it Todd? The shirts will be one of the main topics of discussion. Can he come and give us some detail on how much it cost to print up the shirts, where he had them printed, etc.? If not, can he please email me the above info so I can present it myself at the meeting?

Thanks!

PS: Next meeting we will ask you your schedule first. As the webmaster, we really need to have you at all future meetings. But definitely don't quit your job... then again, if you did quit your job... then you could work on the SDSWS website full time... MWAHAHAHAHA!!! Just kidding. I will email you afterwards and let you know what was discussed, and also post it here on the board.

25. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    We better make up our mind on the meeting place soon. [face_plain]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.