main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA SDSWS Meeting THURSDAY May 23!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediG60racer, May 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    why dont we all meet at whatever restaurant we want to go to... and hopefully other people will have had the same idea... it's called using the force to choose a place... bwahahaha....

when the force-blind lead the force-blind...

i still think a food court would give everyone their food options, while having lots of table space... it just lacks privacy...

2. ValueROCKR

ValueROCKR Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2002
    dennys never looks down on big groups....

del taco!!!! :)

home town buffet would have a lot of room that late polus food options

chillis

tgif/applebees....

if you guys can knock it back a little i could make it.... its just a holiday weekend so this weeks schedule cant have any changes made to it.... sucks to work at a sporting goods store.....

Todd did make the shirts he printed them up at home with iron on transfer paper.... I can talk to Advertising Edge and they can make shirts caps cup pens banners what ever... Ill call them and see what kind of deals they have right now... Cant garuntee anything... I have a couple contacts there plus Ive been in there to apply for positions a couple times.....

ANYWAY.... I could quit my job if you guys wanted to pay me :D
    actually I have enough work to be able to quit, its just a hard discipline to follow... and the day job is safe and easy.... even if i hate it......

3. Animaster

Animaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2001
    How about Tropy's? It's fairly central, good food, etc. We need to decide by tonight. I should be able to go though. School night, but hey, what do I care?

4. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    I would not recommend "home-made" t-shirts. The transfers tend to fade after one or two washings and then they start to peel. A home iron does not sufficient pressure to make a good transfer.

If you want something that looks good and lasts, I would definitely look into getting the shirts done by a company (or CafePress).

5. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Okay,

We are going to have the Thursday meeting at the Souplantation at 6171 Mission Gorge Rd. If you come off of the 8 Fwy, go past the Honda Dealership, you will see a "Taco Fiesta" and a "Pollo Loco", and a "Starbucks Coffee." The Souplantation is behind Starbucks coffee. Please post here or private message me if you are able to attend.

The reason we chose the Souplantation is due to its central location, closeness to the freeway, and it has a large back room we could reserve for our meeting.

6. Young_Kenobi

Young_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2001
    dude! whats up with dave and busters!!??

7. ValueROCKR

ValueROCKR Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2002
    the iron ons were only used becasue it was a last minute idea and we were broke :)

the others will professionally printed

8. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Dave and Buster's kicks ass!!!

It's pretty noisy though. :(

BTW, just so everybody knows, the parking at the Souplantation on Mission Gorge road SUCKS!!!

9. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    I don't think the parking would be a problem on a Thursday night, do you Brian? We can do Dave and Busters next time though.

10. Young_Kenobi

Nov 6, 2001
    its not that bad the 501st have there mettings there all the time and we have a blast! they have lenkt pod racer so we can all pod race each other and they have 4 star wars trilagy games we defantly wont get bord whos up for chaning it?

11. TK-1178

TK-1178 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 21, 2002
    Yeah D&B rocks, we have our 501st get togethers there once a month BUT it IS loud and hard to hear everyone AND if you're not 21 it's a pain in the ass to get you in!

Soup Plantation is good, large, quiet, they don't mind if we stand around the table and talk to others, don't have people waiting on us, AND it's automatically separate checks!

Is this a normal meeting, cause I understood it as a meeting for the core group that actively participate, to discuss upcoming events and other things and then post to the rest of the group for other suggestions. Just wondering cause I know in a large group it's hard to discuss things and get them done when new members and people that just want to "hang out" attend.

I'll be coming down with Dave.

Jeff

12. Young_Kenobi

Nov 6, 2001
    well what do you think master?

13. fx88

fx88 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2001
    Soup Plantation sounds like the best idea. This meeting is to get things in order and get it rolling. It would be alot better to plan a separate trip to D&Bs.

14. Sith_241

Sith_241 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    Can someone let me know when the next weekend meeting is?

15. Animaster

Animaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2001
    I might be able to come. I need to make sure one of my parents are up for it. My mom will most likely, unless someone here would like to drive me. :p

16. Young_Kenobi

Nov 6, 2001
    what time?

17. Xtant_Tyranus

Xtant_Tyranus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2002
    Darth Brian, im going to show up as a storm trooper with a sarape (mexican blanket with a hole in the middle to put through your head) and a cheap lightsabre and if you get near me i will swing

:D

inside joke

18. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    This *isn't* going to be a typical fun-purpose meeting. It will be for the main purpose of doing some organizing, with socializing being a side perk. So the quiet environment of SP is a little more conducive, and for the sake of efficiency I think that it's really MJF's call as City Rep and we should support her decision. I do think D+B's is a great idea for the next purely social food GTG though!!! Let's keep that idea alive for later!

I encourage everyone who wants to give input on the t-shirt design and other club-related things (website design, meeting ideas, events, etc) to attend if they can. I'm sure there will be plenty of time to get to know each other better in addition to getting some stuff accomplished! Enthusiasm is what's going to make SDSWS a really great group!

Oh yeah... for those of you who can't be there, we do value your input greatly! Please IM or email MJF or me with any comments, concerns, ideas, criticism, etc. Especially regarding the t-shirts...

19. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    "if you get near me i will swing"

I don't think Souplantation has a dance floor.

20. homeless_jedi

homeless_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2002
    ok i just cancelled my finals. i will be there. but what time?

21. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    6pm. Be there or be a quadrilateral parallelogram.

22. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    Um, I know this sounds terribly business-like but do you think we should have an outline or agenda of what we will discuss?

That way once all the topics are covered we can move on to socializing.

23. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    GreyJedi,

I will work on an agenda of items we will be discussing and e-mail it out this afternoon to all those who have said they could attend. If there is a topic not yet mentioned that someone wants to have added to the agenda, please email me at marajade@cox.net, or post it here.

Thanks! See you all tomorrow! :)

24. Allie Fox

Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US star 3

Jan 13, 2000
    Darn it! I'm too late.

I was going to suggest Dakota's downtown.

;)

25. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    "I was going to suggest Dakota's downtown."

Never heard of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.