main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA SDSWS Third Anniversary Party!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Apr 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    Gavin would love to have some kids to play with! We always bring Gavin (4yrs) and Ewan(16months) with us to events.

2. kitchenvixen

kitchenvixen Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2005
    Oh cool. My kids are Dexter(5) Joaquin(2) and Maggie will be 1 on June 2. We haven't been to anything yet but Legoland and we took 3 extra kids there. So it would be great to meet more people with the same kind of love for Star Wars as we have.

3. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    THAT'S why I didn't spot you guys!!! [face_laugh]

Jason was like, "Hey, I think that's them," and I was like, "Nah, I thought she only had like 2-3 kids."

Genius, I am. ;)

4. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    LOL! Yeah we had 6 kids....yes I am crazy. But in the end we want 6 of our own kids.

5. soresu

soresu Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2005
    I'm also a new member, as of last month. Can I come too? Maybe I can bring my 6 y.o son, Daniel, if its alright.

-Ed "soresu" Mireles

6. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    All members are welcome to the Anniversary party; it replaces our May monthly meeting. :D

7. EmperorArtimus

EmperorArtimus Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2005
    Ok cool.. Someone please send me directions.. And I will try to come to the party.

8. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I'll be sending directions out over our yahoo groups a week prior to the party. If you aren't signed up on the yahoo groups yet, please do so as that is how we communicate to our members for the most part.

9. Emerald_Beacon

Emerald_Beacon Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2005
    The FanForce boards on theforce.net, the sandiegostarwars.com site, and now a yahoo group? Are there any other message boards I don't know about? ;)

10. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    The yahoo groups is for email notification:

http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/San_Diego_Star_Wars_Society/

11. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    Go read the New Member Information thread on the sandiegostarwars.com board for links to all our communication sites.

12. vkyoshi

vkyoshi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2003
    looks like i will have to cancel my trip to san jose that weekend so i may be able to make it , but as usual i will most likely not know till the day before.

13. FLY_JEDI

FLY_JEDI Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2004
    C'mon Paul, you know you can't miss out on stuff like this!!!

14. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    And we promised not to watch Holiday Special again. ;)

15. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    Holiday special.. but that's the best part!

16. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    It has come to my attention(through private message) that some memebers are irritated by children, if this is the case I think we may skip this party. I would love to go but as we have no babysitter and one is still a baby we have no choice but to take our kids with us. The kids are also big Star Wars fans. If I am wrong about any of this let me know.

17. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    No one ever said anything about not having kids at the anniversary party. :confused:

We are a family-friendly group. Why would we not want kids at the party?

18. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    "the movie exsperience" isn't there going to be a movie there? that's all I will say.

19. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Whoever sent you that message was wrong to do so. The party is at my home, I have three children, and children are always welcome in my home and at any SDSWS function. The president of the club, the secretary, and treasurer of the club, and myself, one of the founders, all have children and we have never had one meeting or event where children could not attend. We have never had a meeting or event where alcohol was present either for this very reason - we are a family friendly club. I would be very interested in knowing who sent you such a PM.

20. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    can you message me on yahoo....it has been cleared up.

21. me-gonk

Jan 17, 2003
    We always bring our kids or we don't go. In the cases that we don't go it's because we used our discretion keeping our kids' personalities in mind and the activity (much as I love Gavin the way he is, he can be a bit much the way he is). No one has ever complained to me about bringing my kids along.

22. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    Thanks for the info. I just am protective of my kids, as most parents are. It's a long way for us to drive if someone is aomplaing and we have to leave.

23. me-gonk

Jan 17, 2003
    I can totally relate. We don't "do" sitters. We're actually missing a wedding this weekend of some good friends because it's an all day affair in Julian and kids can't come...venues rules.

24. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    ack... our church's spring dance is that night, and we bought tickets! i guess i could come down early for the party then go up for the dance.

too much stuff going on!

25. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    That stinks that you have to miss the wedding :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.