main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sea Dogs II. This Thread Is Fully Endorsed By Captain Morgan.

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Rabid_Balding_Ewok, Jan 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    Sea Dogs II: Xbox & PC

For those who might not know about the game it's a Pirate RPG/ship simulator, which is being brought to us by Behtesda Softworks, the same people that brought us Morrowind. It should be released within the next month... hopefully. :)

[image=http://www.akella.com/seadogs2/images/screen/big/117.jpg] [image=http://seadogs2.bethsoft.com/images/gallery/screenshots/004_1024x768.jpg]

- There will be over 30 ships to sail and various types of cannons to use.

- You can engage in huge battles on the open seas. With the option to sink, or board and plunder enemy ships.

- You can drop anchor off the shores of the islands to explore the jungle and search for buried treasure.

- You can lay siege to colonies, towns and forts. Take prisoners and slaves which you can then ransom off or sell.

- There is also a thriving economy so you can try your hand as an honest trader.

[image=http://seadogs2.bethsoft.com/images/gallery/screenshots/019_1024x768.jpg]

- Travel overland is in the third person perspective. You can fully explore towns and the surrounding areas outside of towns aswell.

- You can also add members of your crew and form small parties to explore with.

[image=http://www.akella.com/seadogs2/images/screen/big/82.jpg] [image=http://seadogs2.bethsoft.com/images/gallery/screenshots/007_1024x768.jpg]

- Get full control of your ship in the open seas.

- When boarding or in towns you will switch to melee combat.

- unlike Morrowind there is more focus on the story. But your not forced to complete it, theres even a quest generator to help keep the gameplay going.

Sea Dogs II Trailer.

Gotta love that water. If this game is even half the game that the old Pirates game was then I think there are going to be a lot of happy gamers. :D

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

2. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    So... it's like Skies of Arcadia, but deeper, and in the sea.

3. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    This looks the perfect thread to, amongst legitimately discussing Sea Dogs II of course, discreetly yell FORCEBOAT and talk like yee scurvy infested pirates, yarr...

Game looks wonderful. I see many a Monkey Island (and FORCEBOAT) mod being made...

4. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Aug 8, 2000
    I missed out on SOA. But from what I've read up on the game I guess you could say that. Kind of looking forward to that game aswell. :)

[image=http://www.primalx.com/pirate/captainmorgan.jpg]
    "F0Rc3 Bo4T!!1!

-----signature-----

5. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    Dear God no, it's happening again.

6. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Arrr. It be like death and taxes, yarrrr.

7. Tod

Tod Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 1999
    Sea Dogs 1 is one of my all time favourites so I have very high expectations about Sea Dogs 2.

8. Miin_Bodenna

Miin_Bodenna Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2002
    I think this game looks awsome, and the people who made Morrowind are making this makes this game I won't beat it over night :p

Ohhh, and...

Arrrrr Shiver me timbers

9. Darth_Simpson

Darth_Simpson Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    We're a band of vicious pirates,
    a'sailing out to sea,
    when you hear our gentle singing,
    you'll be sure to turn and flee!

10. SoloCommand

Jun 15, 2001
    Surely we'll avoid scurvy if we all eat an orange.

11. Darth_Simpson

Darth_Simpson Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    "And...emmm...well...uuuhh...door hinge?...no, no... Guess the song's over then."

"Guess so."

"Ok, back to work."

12. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Aug 8, 2000
    Ack! Disney has just killed the game. It looks like they payed off Behtesda Softworks to change the game into a movie adaptation of their crappy "Pirates Of The Carribean". I've always maintained that Disney was an evil corporation bent on world domination and now I have further proof. Disney you Suck!!!!

New Press Release.

>>>March 27, 2003 (Rockville, MD) -- Bethesda Softworks® and Disney Interactive today announced that Bethesda Softworks will publish a Pirates of the Caribbean video game for the Xbox? video game system from Microsoft, PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, and PC CD-ROM. Inspired by one of this summer?s most anticipated blockbusters, the game will bring swashbuckling adventures and rich worlds to Xbox and PC this June, and to PlayStation 2 at a later date.<<<

I was so looking forward to this game. And now it's going to be disneyfied. They'll probably edit out the blood, curseing and drinking. The whole overhaul has now pushed back release on the PC to june, who knows when the Xbox version will be coming out or if it's going to be neutered and be a sloppy port alongside the PS2 version, Ack!

-----signature-----

13. Boutros-Boutros

Boutros-Boutros Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2001
    I think Captain Morgan just pulled his endorsement.

14. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Aug 8, 2000
    Well, the game is supposed to be shiped today. From what I've been reading it dosen't sound like there will be much of the movie. So It will be Pirates Of The Caribean only in name. Hope we don't end fighting skeleton pirates.

Oh yeah. Force Boat!!1!

-----signature-----

15. portman_is_so_fine

portman_is_so_fine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    I saw some screens at xbox.ign and they don't look as good as the ones you posted at the beginning of this thread, Ewok. I guess they did dumb the graphics down some.

16. obi-wankenobiben

obi-wankenobiben Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    Man,I am sick of people being like This game is going to suck since disney got in. The graphics are going to be no worse! I promise you! This game is going to be tight!

17. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    [image=http://www.swmcmmj.com/~justin/potc.jpg]

game is good, game is fun, game is buggy as JP's private parts.

very fun though, I cant get enough of smuggling, damn french busted up one of my deals :( almost lost 30k gold(thats alot... you can get a battleship with 70 cannons on it for about 200k...)

game owns end of story, its seadogs 2 cept no editor and they put a little mission in that relates to POTC movie no big deal.

18. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Aug 8, 2000
    First time I poped the game into my Xbox I was a bit underwhelmed. But after spending a bit more time with it, I'm warming up to it. It's no "Pirates Gold!", but it's still a decent game. Deffinitly has a steep learnign curve though. There are only a few things that bug me about the game.

1) The lack of a map. When your on the seas you can zoom out, but not enough to get an idea as to where the islands are located. I spent 30 minutes mindlessly wandering trying to find Corniega (sp). You would think that a captain of a ship would have access to sea charts so that he knows exactly where he's sailing. I had to download a map off the net. Would it have been to much to ask to package a map, much like Morrowind did?

2) No sidestepping in a sword fight. I hate getting backed into a corner. I've kind of gotten used to this though, just have to dodge and turn but it's still abit clunky.

3) Only 6 or 7 islands to explore. I wanted to sail all over the carribean. This was one thing I loved about "Pirates Gold!", the game world was huge. But I guess I can forgive this, because you can actualy walk around the island and go into caves.

Overall I'm starting to warm up to the game, but it does have it's rough spots. Finaly getting the hang of sea battles. Just captured my first ship. :D

-----signature-----

19. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
    1) The lack of a map. When your on the seas you can zoom out, but not enough to get an idea as to where the islands are located. I spent 30 minutes mindlessly wandering trying to find Corniega (sp). You would think that a captain of a ship would have access to sea charts so that he knows exactly where he's sailing. I had to download a map off the net. Would it have been to much to ask to package a map, much like Morrowind did?

you can, hit the tab key (or the xbox equivilant, im to lazy to open up the game dirs and look for the xbox key that does it right now :p

I stoled from some site.

[image=http://www.swmcmmj.com/~justin/potc_map.jpg]

I am loving the game, and because its all in c++ (seadogs was done in C but this is a little upgraded so makes moding easier) I can mod the hell out of it later, all the files are open and not in one big file you cannot access the art on the other hand im having problems with but meh i dont worry about it.

I buggy as hell though :( this mission where I won a girl in a card game :D is stuck she just stands there, and well she wouldnt talk to me or anything so I killed her oops.

im a terror of the high seas right now :D or something like that... my 4 battleships are leaving trails of destruction in our wake.... I have about 800,000 in gold.

20. obi-wankenobiben

obi-wankenobiben Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    Not a bit buggy for me! It is pefect.It's most likley cause i have a PC that over does the requirements a hundred times.

21. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
    I am using PC version as well, wait till you get into the later sidequests , they seem to be bugged the most.

game engine bugs i have had zero of.

22. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Aug 8, 2000
    >>> you can, hit the tab key (or the xbox equivilant, im to lazy to open up the game dirs and look for the xbox key that does it right now :p<<<

With the Xbox, hitting the black button wil zoom out the local map to get a look of the surrounding area. But there is no button that gives you a full map of the layout of all the islands. Wich makes plotting a course to other islands a real hassel. Of course a quick download of a map corrects this, but it's still annoying.

-----signature-----

23. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
    ya, i didnt get a map or manual cause i pirated the game as usual.

I mean, got a review copy.

24. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
    my man o war (bestest ship in the game, you get it for the last mission , or if you are smrt you can edit it into your game and have fun) beside a battle ship (biggest ship in game for 99% of it.

[image=http://www.swmcmmj.com/~justin/ships1.jpg]
    [image=http://www.swmcmmj.com/~justin/ships2.jpg]

PC > xbox

100 24lb culuvine cannons.... buh bye battleship (only has 70) and I have about 2x the hit points in my man o war and about 1/3 more crew.

25. portman_is_so_fine

portman_is_so_fine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    I saw the review for this last night on CNN Headline news. It looks better than I thought so I might pick it up after I get KotOR(for Xbox) next week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.