Challenge Sea Shanty/Ballad Challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin, Oct 15, 2017.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Force Ghost

star 7
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Since Azure was brave enough to ask for a number, so will I. ;) #11?
  2. AzureAngel2 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    There were not many numbers left, and I was too silly to understand the concept of the dice rolling, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha.

I try to be brave tonight and not to panic about the fact that my father is put back into artificial sleep in the intensive care unit.

This is why I urgently needed a number to put my mind on something different.
  3. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic & Costuming/Props Manager

Manager
    star 5

13 – The Last Shanty

Info: Written by Tom Lewis. A new recruit finds out a sailor’s job isn’t what it used to be.
    Recording:

Lyrics: http://shanty.rendance.org/lyrics/showlyric.php/lastshanty

11 – In All My Dreams I Drown

Info: From the Movie The Devil’s Carnival this eerie ballad is of nightmares and hell, of a maiden who doesn’t want to sleep for fear of her dreams. Note, I’ve never actually seen this movie so I can’t comment on appropriateness of it, but I thought the song was reminiscent of premonitions in Star Wars. The song does have one mildly suggestive line – but it can be interpreted in several ways, but if you are still uncomfortable, I will let you re-pick.
    Recording:

Lyrics: https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/jessicalowndes/inallmydreamsidrown.html
    AzureAngel2 likes this.
  4. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic & Costuming/Props Manager

Manager
    star 5
    How's everyone doing on this anyways?

I actually do have an idea for mine, but it's NSWFF (my muse just seems to be stuck in The West Wing, but it's happy there), so I'm not sure if I'm going to give in and write it, or wait until something SW related hits me. I really wanted to write something with my pirate ship :p (Aurra/Hondo)
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Force Ghost

star 7
    @Briannakin -- hmm. Perhaps switch out to #8, if it's more in way of upbeat. [face_batting] Thanks. @};-
  6. Chyntuck Force Ghost

star 5
    I vote for Aurra/Hondo!

I have an idea for mine, I'm just getting a couple of other fics out of the way first. I think this challenge might reboot my humour muse who, save for a brief outburst last week, has been dormant for months.
  7. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic & Costuming/Props Manager

Manager
    star 5
    I’m out and about right now so I’m posting VIA mobile, but would you like to trade songs with me? (We can do that because I’m the captain of this ship!) I got one of the few more upbeat songs (Rolling Out To Old Maui).
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Force Ghost

star 7
    Yes, that would be splendid, thanks.
  9. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic & Costuming/Props Manager

Manager
    star 5
    Great! I will fix the first post once I am home but here’s your new song:

7 – (Rolling) Down to Old Maui
    Info: A song of the tropics from the point of view of whalers of the artic going down to old Maui.
    Recording:

Lyrics: http://shanty.rendance.org/lyrics/showlyric.php/maui
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  10. AzureAngel2 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Findswoman likes this.
  11. Ewok Poet Force Ghost

star 5
    Mine is too sweet for my current mood. Might have to ruminate on it a bit more.
  12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Force Ghost

star 7
  13. Ewok Poet Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm done. It's weird and it got too meta(physical), but yeah. Make your way for...A Stranger in Someone Else's Dream! Those who love my OC, Anjie Mencuri, will probably enjoy it.
    Findswoman likes this.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade