main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Artist SEA WARS

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by CaptainHamYoyo, Feb 1, 2012.

1. CaptainHamYoyo

CaptainHamYoyo Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 18, 2011
    Hey everyone. My first time posting art here. Just finished this today.

For this I've been playing around with the idea of the space fantasy that is SW, but decided to remove the space aspect of it. The farmboy on a quest to become a knight, the old and wise wizard, the princess, the pirate and his fantastical creature of a first-mate, and the evil dark sorcerer/black knight. Was considering adding the droids as steampunk, but remembered I don't know a thing about steampunk, lol(plus even though a fantasy world, still seemed to high tech for the pic).

Hope you all like it. :)

[image=http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo353/gl2814/8d8af24e.jpg]

2. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Nice artwork, I like the styling. It's got a sort of Monkey Island "Guybrush Threepwood" feel to it.

Pirates and Knights, you can't go wrong!

3. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Indeed. And Vader's look gives me retro-80s cartoon vibes. Undersea adventures are awesome. Looking forward to more!

4. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Also, regarding the droids?

In my somewhat limited experience, steampunk and pirate/fantasy don't really go together. Therefore it might be a good idea to include C-3PO and R2-D2 not as droids, but people. They could be, say, brothers, named "Goldenrod" and "Arty" ? the former could assert that he's a diplomat (albeit a poor one) and the latter, who would be younger, could be a gifted tinkerer or whatever.

Just a thought I had.

5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    That's a creat concept! And you puuled it off. I like the vibrant colors and the way you drew the characters :)

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    love your cartoon style and colours

7. CaptainHamYoyo

CaptainHamYoyo Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 18, 2011
    WOW!!! Thanks for all the positive feedback and kind words everybody! :D

The thought of making R2 and 3PO human had crossed my mind(they were originally a pair of pathetic beurocrats in GL's first draft, but couldn't figure out how to make them recognizable enough, then also figured the pic would be too crowded).

Right now I'm brainstorming a Sea Wars Prequel drawing(Episode 3). I'll post the pic when it's done.

8. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Admin FF | Art Curator | Oceania RSA | CR of NSW star 5 Staff Member Administrator

Mar 9, 2002
    Nicely done! I like the style you are going for.

Looking forward to seeing your next one :)

9. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I also like your comic style a lot. The colours are also eye teasers. And this wizard head for Obi-Wan... brilliant. Reminds me of Rincewind in the Disk World novels...

[face_laugh]