Artist SEA WARS

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by CaptainHamYoyo, Feb 1, 2012.

Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. CaptainHamYoyo Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Hey everyone. My first time posting art here. Just finished this today.

For this I've been playing around with the idea of the space fantasy that is SW, but decided to remove the space aspect of it. The farmboy on a quest to become a knight, the old and wise wizard, the princess, the pirate and his fantastical creature of a first-mate, and the evil dark sorcerer/black knight. Was considering adding the droids as steampunk, but remembered I don't know a thing about steampunk, lol(plus even though a fantasy world, still seemed to high tech for the pic).

Hope you all like it. :)

[image=http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo353/gl2814/8d8af24e.jpg]
  2. Goodwood Force Ghost

star 4
    Nice artwork, I like the styling. It's got a sort of Monkey Island "Guybrush Threepwood" feel to it.

Pirates and Knights, you can't go wrong!
  3. TrakNar Chosen One

star 5
    Indeed. And Vader's look gives me retro-80s cartoon vibes. Undersea adventures are awesome. Looking forward to more!
  4. Goodwood Force Ghost

star 4
    Also, regarding the droids?

In my somewhat limited experience, steampunk and pirate/fantasy don't really go together. Therefore it might be a good idea to include C-3PO and R2-D2 not as droids, but people. They could be, say, brothers, named "Goldenrod" and "Arty" ? the former could assert that he's a diplomat (albeit a poor one) and the latter, who would be younger, could be a gifted tinkerer or whatever.

Just a thought I had.
  5. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    That's a creat concept! And you puuled it off. I like the vibrant colors and the way you drew the characters :)
  6. earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One

star 6
    love your cartoon style and colours
  7. CaptainHamYoyo Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    WOW!!! Thanks for all the positive feedback and kind words everybody! :D

The thought of making R2 and 3PO human had crossed my mind(they were originally a pair of pathetic beurocrats in GL's first draft, but couldn't figure out how to make them recognizable enough, then also figured the pic would be too crowded).

Right now I'm brainstorming a Sea Wars Prequel drawing(Episode 3). I'll post the pic when it's done.
  8. Corellian_Outrider Admin FF | Art Curator | Oceania RSA | CR of NSW

Administrator
    star 5
    Nicely done! I like the style you are going for.

Looking forward to seeing your next one :)
  9. AzureAngel2 Chosen One

star 6
    I also like your comic style a lot. The colours are also eye teasers. And this wizard head for Obi-Wan... brilliant. Reminds me of Rincewind in the Disk World novels...

[face_laugh]
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider