main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Search Bar not working

Discussion in 'Communications' started by K'Kruhk, Apr 8, 2014.

1. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    The search bar doesn't seem to work for me now, whatever I enter and whatever search functions I apply, this error message shows up every time:

'Jedi Council Forums - Error
    The search could not be completed. Please try again later.'

I've tried entering exact thread titles to see if that would work, but it still comes up with the error message. Anybody else having the same problem?

2. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    It's a known issue, yes. The search plugin has been out for a few days. It will be fixed as soon as the server gets restarted, hopefully soon.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah. Normally it would have been fixed by now but our server admin is away on holiday and doesn't have access to the secure software he needs to log into our hosted server. He should be back at the end of the week. It's not a server I have access to so I'm no help. If you want to search threads here try using Google and put 'site: boards.theforce.net' (without the quotes) after your search argument to limit results to this site.

4. Ingram_I

Ingram_I Force Ghost star 5

Sep 7, 2012
    As long as it's a known issue that's effecting everyone. I can't even pull up my own posts, which I thought was just a glitch in my own account.

5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah it's not working for me either. No big deal since it's effecting everyone.

6. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Affecting.

Glad I could contribute to this thread.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    You can pull up recent posts by going to your profile page and clicking on the 'Recent Activity' tab. Note that this will list anything you've done recently - liking posts, avatar changes, etc, but it's better than nothing.

8. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    We just received word that the search feature has been restarted and should now be working. I'm on my phone, but can anyone else confirm?

K'Kruhk and jcgoble3 like this.
  9. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yup, it seems to be working now. [face_dancing]

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    That's the good news. Bad news is that it looks like fixing that has caused connection errors to the mail server. Email sent to Grahame and Philip..