main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Searching for an Old Fan-Fic (The Luuuv Triangle)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jedi Jim, May 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Jim

Jedi Jim Jedi Master star 1

Dec 3, 1999
    Hello all!

I haven't visited the boards in a very long time, but a video game I recently played (KotOR anyone?) turned my attention back to all things Star Wars. It's good to see the familiar banners of TheForce.Net once again.

I've done an extensive amount of searching for a fanfic I remember, written by an apparently long-absent poster here: Kaea Lioren. The fanfic was called The Luuuv Triangle, and dealt with Anakin, Amidala and Obi-wan. It was written (but never finished) in two parts.

I found one part of it here:

http://boards.theforce.net/Fan_Fiction_Stories--Classic_JC_Board_(Reply-Only)/b10016/171679/p1

This is the 2nd part of the fic.

It appears that Kaea reposted some of the beginning to it, but not all of it, here:

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=7039727&start=7046999

Although I've looked extensively for the entire first part of the story (i.e., paging through every single page of the Classic Fanfic forum), I can't find it anywhere.

Do any of the long-time members here have a copy of this story on hand? If so, I would hugely appreciate a copy of it.

Thanks, and MTFBWY

Jim

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Oh man, I remember this story...

Jane, do you remember around when it started? If it was too early, it might have been eaten like some of the older pieces on here. :(

3. darth_keladry

darth_keladry Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2004
    I've also been looking for an old fic, but I can't find it anywhere, even through Google.

It takes place some time after RotJ. Leia's engagement to Han has just been announced, and the tabloids are eating it up. Worst part is that Luke is being protrayed in said tabloids as a rejected lover. Amid their banter, Han makes a reference to L&L's kiss on Hoth. He gets treated to "twin versions of the Skywalker glare, one in brown, the other in blue." Luke leaves the room to let Leia deal with her fiance, muttering something about the next day's headlines: that Han is murdered by the Princess of Alderaan, and Luke Skywalker checks himself into a psychiatric facility.

Anyone heard of it? Anyone know where I could find it?

4. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    *Squints eyes* Dude, that almost looks familiar... something about a Bar, if I remember right...

Jane, still no luck. :(

5. Jedi Jim

Jedi Jim Jedi Master star 1

Dec 3, 1999
    I found it!

Kind of :)

The original thread is corrupted, but what's left of it is here:

http://www1.theforce.net/forum/Forum9/HTML/001167-2.html

The 2nd part is here:

http://boards.theforce.net/Fan_Fiction_Stories--Classic_JC_Board_(Reply-Only)/b10016/171679/p1

This thread is also somewhat corrupted, but all of the story posts are there; the first page or so appears to be part of a different thread.

For the missing posts from the original thread, you can look here:

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=7039727&start=7108659

It takes a bit, but you can reconstruct as much of the story as is finished. It took me about 20 minutes or so. If the mods want to re-post this story for everyone (it's really, really good! I promise), I'd be happy to e-mail a copy of it to one of them.

*cheers*

6. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    *Gasp* Old-school UBB board!! :D :D

Congrats, Jane!! I seriously WAS looking! :p

7. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    It takes place some time after RotJ. Leia's engagement to Han has just been announced, and the tabloids are eating it up. Worst part is that Luke is being protrayed in said tabloids as a rejected lover. Amid their banter, Han makes a reference to L&L's kiss on Hoth. He gets treated to "twin versions of the Skywalker glare, one in brown, the other in blue." Luke leaves the room to let Leia deal with her fiance, muttering something about the next day's headlines: that Han is murdered by the Princess of Alderaan, and Luke Skywalker checks himself into a psychiatric facility.

:eek: Oh my gosh, talk about reliving the past. I've read that too! That was such a great line I remember it. Heh. Man, I don't know where you'd find it. Maybe try .... the Corellian Embassy? Is that site even still around?

-sj loves kevin spacey

8. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002

Isn't that "An Engagement Is Announced"? I'll go see if I can find it . . .

EDIT: Okay, I found An Engagement Is Announced by Sock_of_Darth_Vader. I think this is the one you're looking for. :)

Dana

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.