main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Searching for lost Irellion

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gamiel, Mar 7, 2016.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Try to explore Lingala

Jedi_Perigrine and Gamiel like this.
  2. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    If you mean the IV-needles that was removed from Kreel, then no, they are there to keep her alive by giving her nutrient fluid through intravenous therapy since she have a tendency to complete forget to eat, and even when reminded do she only take in minimal amount of food, when she is focused on a astrogator job over the ordinary. Being an illtraveller is not something that is good for your mental balance.

Jedi_Perigrine and Findswoman like this.
  3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    -x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

Part 6: Something ain't right

The Black Sea’s Serpent was able to travel into orbit of Lingala in midnight clad, or to use the less poetic term: with silent running, without alerting the safekeeper satellites, using its original momentum and controlled releases of gas to get into the right path.

Kreel slept for over two days and awoke first when they entered orbit. She awoke week and hungry, first she was given watery soup and tea with jam, then ticker soup. Then she slept some more, after awakening she spend some time in the fresher then she did eat some more and then she rested with a cup of tea before eating some more, followed by visiting the fresher and some rest.

After all that she entered the bridge, tea cup in hand and dressed in nothing but her panties, bathrobes and mirror-shades.

“Well, matés. What we got”, asked Kreel as she stirred out the jam in her tea.

“Boss-ma’am,” begun Echaterin, “During the raz we’ve been orbiting Lingala we’ve noticed lights in certain areas that could indicate survivors.”

“But they could just as well be some kind of phosphorus plants”, added Katsumi.

“Another veshch of interests is that satellites ain’t just sending reports out, they’re also sending them downwards. To the surface.”

“That’s interesting. We will skim downward under some clouds to near one of the places with the lights. Land an’ take a reading.”

Finding a proper cloud was easy. A change of the direction lead to the ship go down into the atmosphere, followed by a quick droop as gravity take hold, then start the motors in stealth setting why they are below the cloud layer. Then they had the ship change colour into something less visible and fly down to a good place to land.

“What do ya think", asked Kreel as they flow over a green and healthy forest.

“Animals. If-e virus, did not kill-e animals.”

“And I don’t get anything from sensors. But they would only be helpful with handful of plagues, without any deeper search.”

“Eh feel nothing of danger. K’atam, viddy that glade over there. Land there.”

With birds fleeing around it the Serpent made a perfect landing in the middle of the glade. The crew now waited for anything unexpected to happen.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

yahiko and Jedi_Perigrine like this.
  4. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    So, it appears that things at least look healthy on the planet, which I'm pretty sure was not what they thought they would find on a world abandoned and quarantined. Something indeed ain't right... in a way that could either add an extra dose of sinister to the situation... or it could turn out to be one of those humorous false-alarm situations like what happens in Ewok Poet 's "Nolevorution, Of Course." Guess we'll soon see what the planet itself has to say about the matter! :D

Jedi_Perigrine and Gamiel like this.
  5. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I must admit that I'm completely lost in terms of what's going on, but I'm glad that the story was updated!

6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Hmm landed on Lingala. Now they will be surprised I think and maybe learn more

7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I hope that is more from my characters heavy use of slang then my overall writing skills :)

8. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Will do that next chapter/s, hope you will like my interpretation of it

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

Part 7: What do the sensors find

There exist many traditions and superstitions among spacers, one of them was to carve in the name of each planet the ship landed on, together with coordinates and date of the first landing. As all the ships sensors used to detect poisons and disease worked hard to see if there was any real threat on Lingala, Kreel, Katsumi and Katagari was doing just that.

Technically Katagari and Katsumi was superfluous since Kreel could do both the carving and the prayer herself but Katagari was a better carver and it was so much easier to do the prayers if it was all you had to focus on. Katsumi just liked to watch and having her handing them the needed items did make it easier.

In the bridge the rest of the crew, minus Lada (or was it Larisa?) who was in the engineering, was discussing the environment around them. K’atam thought it resembled part of his homeworld Mimban in a way; Corellian Joe said it was more like the tempered parts of Corellia something Hummer agreed on while pointing out that it was not that different from the area around Theed, Naboo; Echaterin agreed with all of them but did point out that beside some of the difference in leaf structure and the animals around them so could they be on nearly any world with green vegetation and a tempered zone. This lead to a discussion about what worlds had tempered zones but lacked green vegetation.

---------------------

Twelve hours after the Serpent landed the crew gathered to discuss what they had gathered.

“Nothing, nada, nål, nil, null”, summarised Echaterin there findings, “there is nothing there to justify a quarantine. It is pleness. Satellites are from sometime around clone wars. Could be molodoyer. Theories?”

“Could it be that the virus was short-lived and did not survive once everybody that could be infected snuffed it”, suggested Hummer

“We could be dealing with a bloody bureaucratic poodoo mess. Wrong planet was quarantined”, come from Corellian Joe.

“An’ there’s the possibility that we all’re thinking about”, said Kreel, “it’s a bolshy cover up.”

“Whatever case, lack of any real danger mean that we can go outside if we want.”

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

yahiko and Jedi_Perigrine like this.
  9. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Very intriguing the way each of the crew members sees the planet as looking like their own homeworld; that reminds me of something, but I'm not sure what it is right now. It certainly suggests, though, that some kind of magic might be at work here, and that our heroes and heroines might want to watch their step. Ditto the fact that the place has no signs of a plague after all; I somehow suspect there may be more at work here than just a "bureaucratic poodoo mess" ( ;) ). Stay safe, Serpent crew!

Jedi_Perigrine, Ewok Poet and Gamiel like this.
  10. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    "Magic" was my guess, too.

11. Gahmah Raan

Gahmah Raan Jedi Master star 3

Feb 2, 2015
    Me thinks there is some Force effect (or magic in general) in play if each crew member is being reminded of a drastically different world. Mimban's a swamp planet, and the area around Theed is grassland. But either way, something suspicious is up, and it's probably not as safe as it looks.

Perhaps the virus is still there and it's actually sentient.

12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    technically swamp is just the most common terrain on Mimban, and Theed do also have forestland around it (as seen in the picture behind the spoiler).
    [​IMG]
    My only comment is: [face_devil]

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    a sentient sure and taking care of the beings living on the planet;)

14. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    If people are interested so have I made a post in the Fanon thread explaining the background of slang used in the fic together with a glossary.

15. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    -x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

Part 8: A Lebnan inspired supper

After exposing one of the animal sentinel to the outside to make certain there was nothing of danger, the crew walked outside. The air was fresh and smelled of new fallen rain.

The grass and the leafs on the trees was green and showed no unusual reactions as the crew walked among them.

“What do lewdies think”, wondered the captain.

“There’s mojo here”, said Kreel, “Not extraordinary much but more than many worlds.”

“Anything baddiwad?”

“No. At least not anything Eh can feel.”

“Any other thoughts? No. Then: K’atam, take a smot around.”

“!”, said the mimbanian before disappearing in the greenery.

“Hummer, take a smot at carcases probe-droids brought back. Maybe ye find something interesting, if nothing else ye could make supper of it.

The rest of ye, make yeself useful somehow. Give us some glazzballs.”

----------------

Kreel, Katagari, Joe and Katsumi was enjoying the last rays of the sun and a cheese n’ jam plate with tea on the roof of the Black Sea’s Serpent when K’atam returned. He explained – over the Lebnan inspired supper Hummer had made from the droid dissected animals and what they had in pantry – that he had found some indications of a still living population. Most of it was of that kind that could come from other sources, like animals or just the planets or the environment that made somebody unfamiliar with it think there was something more than there was, but that was before he had found certain prof: a well maintained roundpole fence.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

yahiko, Ewok Poet and Findswoman like this.
  16. Jedi_Perigrine

Jedi_Perigrine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2008
    This is likely the most unique SW fan fic I've ever read. And by unique, I mean unique. And awesome! Your character building is spot on. By the 4th post, I was able to translate most of the slang, so I could just read it like it was English. That right there is an amazing talent. So interesting and engrossing! Please keep this going!

Also. Alderaaned. [face_rofl] Amazing verb.

Gamiel and Findswoman like this.
  17. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Ah ha, some concrete signs of life at last on this mysterious lost world—all discovered while eating a very interesting-sounding dinner—I sure hope that what those droids brought back was palatable! :D Hummer has quite a culinary talent to be able to whip up something like that from just the local animals and "what they had in the pantry." Looking forward to seeing what will happen next!

Gamiel, Jedi_Perigrine and Ewok Poet like this.
  18. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    That dinner was...interesting, indeed. Saying this as somebody who's trying to eat like a local right now. :D

19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Oh my, thank you [face_blush]
    It's a big pantry, unlike Corellians so do duros realise that you need more then meat, white bread, beans and ketchup or remoulade to make meal seven days a week. And they have lots of spices and some cook books.

---------------------

Have updated my fanon post with crew slang, two of new words appear in this chapter. They are:
    Boo-coo = many
    Teletotal = smartphone like devices.

There is also a mention of an animal known as pansár, it is described in my fanon post about animals and look like this
    [​IMG]
    could sadly not get a pic without text. If the pic don't work or you want one with better quality go follow the link to a pdf, to bad that version hide its ears

Also, I forgot to mention in my last post that the Lebnan cuisine is a creation by our own Chyntuck

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

Chapter 9: A discovery, a ritual and a decision

The forest was green and warm, but not to warm; it was mostly made up by leaf trees with some pine trees here and there. There was little undergrowth, mostly in the shape of mosses and small shrubberies. Of animals they had heard and seen small birds and some kind of rodents running up three of the trees; K’atam had also pointed out tracks and droppings of larger animals.

They – that is K’atam, Kreel, Katsumi and Joe – had exchanged their red-n’-yellow bandanas to ones with a green-n’-darkgreen pattern and hidden their blue and white striped tops below green ponchos. They had changed to have something that blended in a bit better in their surroundings.

It took K’atam a bit more than two hours to lead them to the roundpole fence – they could have gotten there quicker but they had decided to not leave any obvious traces (or at least try to K’atam had made many sardonic smiles regarding his companions clumsiness outside their element) – after that they began to follow the fence in a left direction.

As they walked beside the fence K’atam pointed out, to his companions, who know little to nothing about how to read nature, how you saw that the roundpole fence was well maintained and how the undergrowth, which was lower on the other side of the fence, indicated that grassing animal was enclose on other side of the fence.

After less than a quarter of an hour later they found themselves at the edge of the forest. Moving slowly they approached the last trees before the open ground begun.

Before them was a crop field going down a lightly sloping valley and beyond that a great, around gigantic, oak-like tree surrounded by buildings, enough for a large village or a small town. A road cut through what the saw of the valley, connecting the town with other places.

To the right of them the roundpole fence continued past the forest edge to toward the road and there turned right. Most likely creating an enclosed pasture. The quartet saw animals grazing near the road and people moving in the village.

“Seems we can scratch short lived virus from the list, matés”, said Corellian Joe as Kreel put a spyglass to her google hidden eye.

The spyglass was advanced but lacked any kind of electronic technology making it impossible to be noticed by surveillance systems that would pick up the kind of readings and electronic spyglass would give of when used.

“All lewdies seem to be humanoid; houses are two to three stories tall, usually standing oddy-knocky or two to three wall to wall. Painted blue, green an’ purple, boo-coo have some kind of patterns in different colours, could be graffiti; Eh viddy machinery, probably fabricated, not crafted; no teletotals that lewdies‘re preoccupied with; horses an’ wagons, an’ yebo Eh’m certain that it’s horses; Eh think that could be an wheeled automobile; no antennas nor parabolas. Nothing that indicates that they have anything that could sense us. Eh’ll bones the bones an’ viddy what they skazat.”

A short ritual later – where Kreel throw her ‘bones’ (a collection of carved bones, rocks, ships parts and some other stuff she had in her mojo-bag) on her bone thrower carpet (a 0,5x1 m sized piece of cloth with a circle and lots of illtraveller symbols on it) – where the fortunes seemed to agree with Kreels assessment that the townspeople would not detect them, Katsumi put another spyglass to her eyes, this one filled with electronic technology that made it much easier to focus and assess what you were seeing then Kreel’s.

“Platties’re mostly similar: lose but not sagging pants with a samue or tunica under a weskit or jinbaori. Veshches you can viddy all across the galaxy. They seem to prefer the colours green, blue, white and yellow and there are embroideries along the sleeves, collars and on the weskits. I think some of them have headphones. No weapons what I can viddy.

Lawdies are humanlike but I don’t think High Human Society would accept them. Most have bronze to dark tan skins, some paler. Boo-coo have tattoos or litso paint, can’t viddy from here what style. Hair’s straight and kept long, mostly brown but I viddy black, white, red, green, blue and multi coloured. Most of them most likely artificial.

Houses are two to three stories tall, some with a tower that adds one to two stories, they are mostly made of wood but the bottom floor is in some cases made out of stone or bricks. Beside the towers, which in some cases are round, so are the most of the houses box or L shaped with slanted roofs, okno and door frames have decorative carvings. They have decorated the houses with geometrical or kurbits patterns. No antennas nor parabolas. The architecture and decoration remind me of at least half a dozen different styles without plenessly being any one of them.

Identifiable buildings are at least one tavern, or similar; a machine shop with both animal carriages and automobiles before it. I don’t viddy any smoke coming from any of the automobiles. There’s also two stable, one with horses and other… Chongo-longo. They have pansárs.”

“Pans-éer”, wondered K’atam

“Really bolshy, nasty pred’ horses”, explained Kreel, “Ya don’t viddy any real defences?”

“No and no water- or windmills either.”

“That decide it, they’re more advanced then they first smot. A community this bolshy have to have some kind of mill or advanced infrastructure. My money’s on that we’re dealing with a coverup of some kind an’ the locos’re in on it. None of the tech they use could be detected from the big isn’t. They’re definitely hiding, but what’re they hiding from?”

“We could take one of them an’ ask”, suggested Joe “Core an’ edge. We could probably easily take out the whole town with some well-placed gas bombs. An’ then matés we wouldn’t just easily get some answers but lots of loot to.”

yahiko and Findswoman like this.
  20. Gahmah Raan

Gahmah Raan Jedi Master star 3

Feb 2, 2015
    Okay, so it's not so desolate. Why do I get the feeling that whatever is there is going to try to keep the crew from the leaving the planet like an unhealthily possessive suitor?

Gamiel and Ewok Poet like this.
  21. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Yep, definitely not as desolate as we (and the crew) would have guessed given earlier events, but something's off nonetheless: no emissions from the automobiles? No kind of mill or defenses detectable? And yet they have these "bolshy, nasty pred' horses," so I wonder if those are part of their defenses somehow? I guess it's now time to approach these "locos" and ask a few questions, though I sure hope they won't take the extreme approach Corellian Joe is advocating! :eek: There are decidedly odd things about the place and the technological level, but even so I get no indication that the people there are hostile. But we'll see... [face_thinking]

Gamiel and Ewok Poet like this.
  22. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I'll just sit here and sing "Hotel California" to myself. Na na na na...you can never leave na na na na....

23. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Now I want to ad one of the characters humming on "Hotel Corellia" in the next chapter, wonder if I can fit it in [face_thinking]

Findswoman and Ewok Poet like this.
  24. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Do it, do it! :D

25. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Chapter 10: Hotel Corellia

Prepare the shrine. Lighten incense before the Lord of Crossroads, Pathfinder, the Great Huntress, Mother of Witches and those who have come before. Remove the old offerings and place new ones. Start the engine and hope for the best.

----------------

The engines hummed as The Black Sea’s Serpent rose up into the sky, to minimise detection everything but the essential was turned off, even the sensors – they were flying by eyes only.

As they reached higher and higher Corellian Joe’s humming became louder and both Echaterin and Katsumi begun to join her. They even begun to sing the parts of the lyric they, more-or-less, know, “…stay the night but you may never leave / Welcome to hotel Corellia / What a lovely place, what a lovely place / hum-hum hum-hum…”

Joe had begun to hum on that sung on the way back from the settlement they had discovered, after the group had discussed the possibility that even if they had been able to land undetected so was it another thing to do the same undetected. Something that probably would be even harder if they had attacked the village or any of its members.

It had been a fun idea to do that but Kreel had decided that it was not really wort the risk; they were paid to find the planet, nothing more. Their exploration of the surface and its mysteries was something they had done to satisfy their own curiosity.

As they moved beyond the stratosphere one of the lights before Katsumi begun to blink.

Chongo-long! One of the satellites is hailing us!”

“No need be careful then”, proclaimed Echaterin, “All sensors on! Fire up engine!”

“Zavvy I’m taking in what the satellite is saying…”, Katsumi begun to smile, “It’s telling us to return to deep space; the planet’s under quarantineand it has authority to capture and keep us if we continue toward it.”

Kreel laughed, “Mindless machines, Force bless them an’ their stupidity.”

----------------

The Serpent’s communication and holo-display chamber was not the tidiest room in the ship. This was mostly because the holo and communication equipment in it was not high priority so upgrades and repairs was more something that was done after the import stuff had been fixed. This meant that jury-riggings were usually allowed to stay as long as they functioned or could be fixed fast. This in turn meant that cables littered the tared wood floor, most of the repair panels were open, two-third of the holographic projectors were of different manufacturers then the original one-third and a pelt on the main chare (it was also the only chare since the others had been removed to make repairs easier) hide that most of the stuffing was gone. The last fact was part of the reason to why Navigator Kreel was standing, the other part was that she felt that she had been siting a bit too much and would possibly be sitting some more, depending on what her clients wanted. Better to stretch her legs while she had the chance.

The room darkened as holo-display come to life and three falls-shapes flickered into existence. Kreel made a mental note to fix one whatever holo-projector made one of them flicked more than usual.

“Well greetings, Navagator Chreel. Ya hava news”, croaked the middle amphi-hydrus, Kreel guessed that was Zhothaqquah since it had the same heavy gold chain around its neck that Zhothaqquah had at their first meeting.

“Yebo, maté. We followed the trail from lost Irellion to the planet Duni, which was also destroyed. There we found three bolshy paths leading away. The one we followed lead to the world of Lingala. It’s being quarantined, with defence satellites an’ at least the first layer of paperwork needed for the quarantine to appear real. It ain’t. There’s nothing of unusual danger on Lingala, we went an’ took a smot. Ya should be having the full report by now.”

There was a croak of affirmation from the amphi-hydrus to the left – dressed what appeared to be a corellian gentleman’s attire, perfectly fitted for its inhuman frame, Kreel thought its name was Paddai dyPölen – as it fiddled with the datapad in its hands.

“With Lingala found, Eh consider the contract fulfilled. Ya can expand on it if ya want me to follow the other two trails.”

“Can ya follow dose trails late’”, wondered the third amphi-hydrus, unadorned and without any name appearing in Kreels memory, “Or do ya hava to do it now while de trail’s fresh?”

“Eh can follow the trail whenever Eh want, or rather whenever ya pay me”, Kreel smiled with a confidence and cockiness she did not feel. It was not that she could not follow the void trails, but she made it out to appear much easier than it would be.

“Den ou’ business wid ya ‘s finished. Fo’ now.”

yahiko likes this.