main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Searching for lost Irellion

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gamiel, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Hmmm... so Lingala's under quarantine, even though scanner readings indicate no good reason for it to be? Definitely sounds fishy. Also suspicious is the satellite communication's threat to capture the Serpent if it comes closer (rather than, say, to open fire)—because I thought the whole point of a quarantine was to keep outsiders away? That really seems fishy.

Also, if I'm understanding aright, it looks like the Amphi-Hydrus bosses are telling Kreel and co. to break off the mission, simply because they would have to pay her more? Now, that makes me wonder if they too know more than they're letting on about what's going down on Lingala! [face_thinking]

Ewok Poet likes this.
  2. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Yes, what kind of a quarantine would let anybody in?

3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    The idea was that the satellite, who 'thinks'* they are moving toward the planet and not away, first tell approaching ships to go away; if a ship continue to approach the planet the satellites will try to capture them and if they do will a signal to the navy so the people trying to break a quarantine can face justice; if the satellites are unable to capture the ship they will open fire.

* the satellites have only the most basic A.I.

4. Gahmah Raan

Gahmah Raan Jedi Master star 3

Feb 2, 2015
    Still reading in case you're wondering.

I think there's a really elaborate scam going on Lingala if the satellite is thinking of capturing the Serpent yet claiming the planet is under quarantine.

Findswoman , Gamiel and Ewok Poet like this.
  5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    -x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

Epilogue I
    Aboard their ship, the Blinking Eye, the amphi-hydrus gathered around the information Navigator Kreel had sent them.

What she had found had been both less and more than they had hoped for. Kreel had not discovered any real remains of the Sheir-Irel; no tombs, nor ruins or similar from which their knowledge and secrets could be discovered.

But her discovery of Lingala was in some way an even greater treasure then the secrets of the Sheir-Irel: a peaceful, tranquil planet. Hidden by lies and secrecy from the rest of the galaxy. Untouched by neither the Clone Wars nor the Empire or the Rebellion.

It was like a perfect little town inside a snowglobe. They had a holy duty to pick up that snowglobe and give it a shake.

Gurgles of approval came from the others as Zhothaqquah ordered the pilots to leave Smugglers Moon and set course toward Lingala.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    -x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

Epilogue II

On Lingala Kaggi awoke from her sleep unrested, with a beating heart and clammy skin. As she sleep-drunk stumbled toward her data terminal, she noticed that it was still night outside.

“What’re you *yawn* doing”, wondered her lifemate sleepily from the bed.

“Looking up the weather.”

“Why?”

“I had a strange dream and… I just have to see if something is right.”

She heard an okay being mumbled from the bed and the sound of Shea-Teii returning to sleeping position.

The information on the data terminal told her that there would be fine weather the coming week and chances of rain the week after; after that it was a bit unclear but there was no warnings or strange weather patterns. So why was all her senses telling her that a storm was coming?

The End...

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

Do people have any questions or want things explained a bit more?

7. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Yoicks, how did I not notice that you had posted this epilogue almost a whole month ago? :eek: I'm really sorry I missed that!

So now the epic has come to a close, and even though the crew didn't end up learning anything about the Sher-Irel or finding any of their ruins, they did at least discover this rather nice uncharted jungle world. Although, from what I have seen of this group of Amphi-Hydrus, I'm a bit worried about the plans they may be starting to concoct for Lingala... I hope they won't shale the snowglobe too hard! [face_worried]

Now since you asked if we had questions... I have to admit that I'm not quite sure what is going on in the second epilogue, since these characters don't seem to have appeared before. Are Kaggi and Shea-Teii themselves on Lingala, and is the "storm" Kaggi is sensing perhaps somehow the result of the impending arrival of the Zhothaqquah and co.? Now I really am worried... [face_nail_biting]

With this cliffhanger, I of course just have to ask if you have a sequel planned! :D

Gamiel and Ewok Poet like this.
  8. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Yes, I should have mentioned that and have now edit it in.

Yes, they are part of the Spawns of the Storm, a group who creat chaos for chaos sake, who I plan to make a fanon post about.

Not for Lingala right now, but I have one for the Serpent and her crew

Findswoman and Ewok Poet like this.
  9. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Kaggi wil be safe on Lingala, with the Lingalans and the Sheir-Irel keeping the planet safe

Findswoman likes this.
  10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012