main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Searching for Peace.....JA

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Arihana_Moonmist, Aug 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arihana_Moonmist

Arihana_Moonmist Jedi Youngling

Aug 17, 2001
    Alright here's the next post
    note: there is attempted suicide in this one so if that really bothers you don't read this post. thanks :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Qui-Gon was standing in the Temple halls, at least thats where he thought he was. Everything seemed skewed and distorted, like a painting of it made by a very bad or very creative artist. Turning around he started walking down the hall to the infirmiry, worried that he might have caught a bug or something. He suddenly felt a large group of people coming behind him and they weren't slowing down. Turning quickly he just managed to catch a glimpse of a group of healers bending over someone laying on a stretcher before they hit him. Well he thought they had hit him. Looking up he saw someone's face looming up in front of him, and then, it passed through him. It was rather disconcerting to look down and see the end of a stretcher and several people pass though oneself though you both look quite solid.Steping to the side of the hall he saw someone lagging at the nd of the group, then he knew where he was and who was on the stretcher. Tears came to his eyes as he watched the figure tri and felt the pain and loss all over again. It's different this time he thought watching the as the figures dissapeared and the scene started again. Normally I'm living it, now I'm just watching , and this time I know that I'm dreaming. He heard a small noise behind him and turned to see Obi-Wan standing and watching the scene with empty red rimmed eyes.

" Padawan, what are..." he was cut off by Obi-Wan.
    " You saved me. Why? "
    Qui-Gon reeled back at the desperation and sadness in those turqouise eyes which had obviously been crying.
    " Obi-Wan of course I saved you, I'm your master it's my duty to protect you."
    He said as the glimmer of hope in his padawan's eyes sparked and died.
    " Your duty "
    Obi-Wan said with a dead voice.
    " Of course. I'm sorry master, I really did try to die you know, but don't worry, you won't have to put up with such a bad padawan anymore. Thankyou Master Qui-Gon for putting up with me for so long. You can go back to your fantasy now. "
    he said indicating the scene playing out in the hallway with a jerk of his chin.
    " Goodbye Master Qui-Gon. "
    he called as he ran off into a dark hallway before Qui-Gon could stop him. As Qui-Gon stared after him he wished so much that he could take back the words that so many years of pushing people away had pulled from him, he wished that he could tell Obi-Wan the main reason that he had tried so hard to save him.
    " I saved you because you are my son and the one who saved me from myself. "
    He whispered before running after Obi-Wan calling his name.

Obi-Wan ran through the Temple's twisted halls without any specific destination only thnking to get away from the pounding feet following him. I can't let him catch me, I won't let him hurt himself anymore because of me, I have to save him, I have to give him back his freedom. Looking around he found himself in the room of a thousand fountains, right in front of the tallest one. How appropriate he thought with a sad smile I will die where Bruck died and where Bant almost drowned because of me. He frowned for a sec, he had always heard that if you died in a dream you would in real life as well. He hoped so, he wasn't sure if he could do this while awake.
    Taking a deep breath to give himself strength to do what he knew he must. he started climbing and had just reached the top when he heard Qui-Gon come in after him. Looking down to the pool below he noticed that it had turned as black as ink but considering that this was a dream he wasn't all that surpised. He stooped and picked up a big rock, adding it to the many he had already tied to his belt. He wasn't worried about his master diveing in after him, he didn't think anyone cared about him enough to do so. He gave Qui-Gon a sad smile and jumped off the 60 foot cliff into the darkness below.

Qui-Gon raced into the room and took in the scene

2. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    it better be i am like no don't leave me there post soon or you will be hunted down like a dog ;) :)

3. Arihana_Moonmist

Aug 17, 2001
    I'm sorry, but I am extremely tired cause I had to babysit today so I'm not going to post tonight but I promise to post tomorrow before 5:00 ( besides I like to torture my readers sometimes [face_laugh] HaHaHaHaHa um ok I'll stop my maniacal laughter now so you don't lock me up in an asylum hehehe you wouldn't do that to me right? ;) hehe ok I'll shut up now) bye :)

4. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    UP!! :D

No worries! We can all wait! Cool posts and very interesting events I must say.

5. Arihana_Moonmist

Aug 17, 2001
    okay everyone here is the next part, please lots of feedback :)

Obi-Wan slowly made his way towards coniousness, though he tried to fight it, not wanting to face the fact that he was still alive.Opening his eyes he found that he could see nothing but darkness everywhere he looked. Where... where am I....I know that I didn't wake up. In his room at the temple there was always a little light from the surrounding buildings. Besides, this was not a natural dark , this was a dark that could swallow your soul. Only the faint light surrounding him kept him from going mad. He put his head in his hand's to ward off the headache that he felt coming. Suddenly he realized something that made his blood run cold. He could see through his hands. Jumping up he stood looking at or rather through himself. What's happening? where am I? why do I keep getting more transparent? He could feel himself panicking for he had no doubt that when he disappeared his consciousness would as well. Hey this is what you wanted wasn't it? Well guess what, you get it, you get to be nothing. He shied away from that thought. When he had jumped he had figured that he would join the Force or else wake up,not just, disappear. Slowly he sank to his knees and started shaking.

" Master I'm sorry, it's so cold here,I hope that your okay,that you woke up happy. It's so cold here and dark.Hey Master, remember that time I accidently got drunk at the negotiations on Beladin, but I guess you must have just thought I was stupid then.." He continued to talk as he faded, hopeing the memories would somehow keep him from disappearing, from not existing. Indeed the process slowed a bit but eventually the darkness got the better of him. It kept eating his words and spitting them back at him as if to mock him with the fact that there was no hope. After an hour all he could do was sit and hold back tears as he slowly thinned to a wisp of Obi-Wan shaped mist.

I've finished the story but I am extremely tired so I'm going to post the last part tomorrow :)
    P.S. sorry this one was so short, the next one is really long though so that should make up for it.

6. Cheryl_Kenobi

Cheryl_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2001
    :eek: did the suciude work?

7. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Arihana, those posts were marvelous!! :)

I loved the way Obi-Wan rushed into his master's bedroom, lightsaber in hand but feel so bad that he thinks it would have been better to die.

Only one more post??? Oh no!!! I've been enjoying this so much!!!

I hope you've been able to settle into your role of high school student. I dropped my daughter off at school an hour ago. First day of high school for her too. :) Gosh, I feel old. :) :)

8. Arihana_Moonmist

Aug 17, 2001
    Thanks Healer Leona :), actually school for me doesn't start until september but I am extremely nervous about it. I was originally going to have two more posts but a plot bunny started running around in my head so I'm just going to do one long one so I can get started on my new story before I forget the plot. :)

9. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    This is such a good story. Poor Obi that self doubt really eats at him.

10. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    What happens next?????????

Good luck at school, by the way!

11. Arihana_Moonmist

Aug 17, 2001
    Alright here's the final post everyone thanks for reading please give me feedback :)
    note: this hasn't been edited yet, I will tomorrow but in the meantime please forgive any mistakes or typos thanks :)

Qui-Gon woke to twilight. He was sitting in the Temple hallway again, but this time there wasn't anyone to run through him. In fact there wasn't any noise at all. Looking out the window he saw that a speeder going past was frozen, as if someone had stopped time. Shaking his head and turning away from the window he tried to figure out how to find Obi-Wan. He reached out over their bond to locate him, not at all expecting what he found. What he could sense through their bond was that Obi-Wan was all around him, in the walls and ceiling even the air. Suddenly he realized that he was in Obi-Wan's dream, they had fallen into his padawan's mind when the pool had sucked them down. He had an idea now and decided to try it, his padawan was so used to obeying him maybe his dram would as well from reflex.
    "Show me the way to Obi-Wan."
    For a moment the hall flickered as if trying to obey the order but then it stopped and he could practically see the stubborness coming from the walls.
    " Padawan. " He said in his best, " I'm the Master and you better not give me an attitude or you will be meditating until you are eighty" voice. Once again the walls flickered but this time a small light hallway opened in front of him. Taking a dep breath he set out in search of his padawan. He felt as if he had been walking for hours when he stepped out of the hallway. He was in a small white room and he wasn't alone. In the corner a small golden haired boy was playing with a toy starship. He couldn't place exactly why but for some reason he seemed very familiar. Oh well I guess I should ask him where Obi-Wan is, after all this is where I was lead. He walked over to the child who looked up at his approach.
    " Hello, I'm looking for someone and I was wondering if you could help me."
    He asked while the child stared at him.
    " Are you a Jedi?"
    He asked suddenly.
    " Well yes I am, I'm master Qui-Gon Jinn. Who are you youngling?"
    The child ignored the question and stared at him a bit more before breaking out into a smile.
    " So who are you looking for?"
    Qui-Gon blinked slowly, a bit nonplussed by the suddeness of the question.
    " I'm looking for my padawan, Obi-Wan Kenobi, have you seen him?"
    Qui-Gon asked after regaining his serenity, the sense of familiarity was getting stronger.
    " Yep, I'm Obi-Wan but I'm not a padawan yet, he is though, or was I'm not sure."
    The child answered, pointing to his head as he spoke the last part. Qui-Gon felt himself go cold as he suddenly had an idea of what was going on.
    " Obi-Wan how old are you?"
    He asked slowly.
    "Well I'm five."
    Obi-Wan said holding up five fingers to emphasis the fact.
    " I'm five but he's fourteen."
    Obi-Wan pointed to his head again as he said it.
    " Obi-Wan, who is fourteen?"
    Qui-Gon asked slowly and clearly. The child frowned at him irritated for a moment.
    " Well Obi-Wan of course!"
    He said.
    "But Little one, I thought You were Obi-Wan."
    Obi-Wan let out a puff of air in exasperation.
    "We both are!"
    Qui-Gon jerked back startled.
    " I'm afraid that I don't quite understand you Little one."
    Obi-Wan looked at him appraisingly again.
    " Are you really Qui-Gon?"
    He asked, his tone slightly suspicious.
    " Yes Little one I am."
    Obi-Wan looked relieved but suddenly frowned.
    " He says you hate us. Do you?"
    He asked abrouptly. Qui-Gon jerked back again, aghast.
    "How could he think that, I love....him....you...Obi-Wan.."
    Obi-Wan broke out into a grin.
    "Okay I guess I can show you then, he's been calling for you anyway...at least I think so...I keep forgeting stuff about him."
    Obi-Wan said as he picked up Qui-Gon's hand with his small one and placed against his temple.
    "Close your eyes."
    He instructed. Qui-Gon did as asked and gasped at what he saw. Obi-Wan ws sittin

12. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    That was so touching Arihana. I loved how Qui-Gon came upon the five y/o Obi-Wan and I'm so glad Qui was able to bring his apprentice back.

I hope you have another JA plot bunny nibbling and will write more stories.

Thank you for sharing this with us. :) :)

13. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Sweet! I hope you write more fics like this Arihana, because this one was most enjoyable! :)

14. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    very nice. good mush.

15. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    That was beautiful. I think I need a tissue.

16. Jade_Skywalker

Jade_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    YES!!! I finally caught up to this. Sorry, I fell behind, been busy lately. NE Way, I loved this story, It was very good. Tell me, do you have any other projects coming up that you'll be posting here. I hope so. The Force is definetly strong in your writing skills.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.