main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Searching For Remembrance (JA Story)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Healer Apprentice Lina, Jul 18, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    Okay, poll time:
    Who wants to see Obi-Wan die?
    Who wants to see Obi-Wan live?
    Cast your votes!
    No, I'm joking. Don't do that. I've just turned all wierd thanks to the elections that have gone all strange and nerve racking.

So, this wasn't the best place for me to end my post. (it's a cliffhanger, if you missed that. *wink*) But no, the main reason is that I have another exam looming at me so I must be off to study that. If I get stuff done, I'll try and post again either later today or tomorrow. Thanks for reading everyone! The story is nearing a close.

2. Jedi Susie

Jedi Susie Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2000
    That post was a cliff hanger? Oh...hmmm...must of missed that....

NOT!!!

Geez, what a place to leave off! I wouldn't do the voting things...cause then just think of all the re-counting...goodness we'd probably never know what happened for a couple weeks. ^_^

Can't wait for the new post!

3. LadyVorgunby

LadyVorgunby Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2000
    hmmm a vote....

that would be a tough call. As much as I love Obi, think about all the angst that could pop up if he died...

<ducks the various things being thrown at her>

okay, okay it was just an idea!

4. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Nooooooo you can't let him die.... my heart would never recover! Not to mention that fact that this story has already broken my heart repeatedly, that would just push me over the edge! Also the angst of Obi having to leave Cerasi again and then reconciling with Qui-Gon.... better pull out the extra large box of tissue, I am sure I will need them.

Btw.... of course I remember Sira and Bren, I loved 'Visions' and 'When all is Said and Done", they where fab-u-lous!!!!!!!!!

Hope we get more very soon!!!

5. Julie

Julie Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 1998
    You REALLY LOVE to torture us! And you are so good at it too. Please oh, please finish this wonderful story soon! We may not survive, Lina. *whimpers pitifully*

Be strong Qui-gon! Obi-wan, where is your brain? You need to live!

6. Jedi_KnightMariah

Jedi_KnightMariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2000
    I thought Sira died or something like that. I was wrong.

7. TrinityDay

TrinityDay Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 6, 2000
    Ahh! You can't leave it like that! How cruel are you? Us poor little readers become sad when there are cliffhangers.

Poor Obi-Wan. We NEED a resolution.

Hmmm. Does any of that even make sense? I think my brain has been fried.

Trinity Day

8. Eryce

Eryce Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2000
    Hmm.. it WOULD be interesting to have one story where Obi decided NOT to come back to the land of the living, don't ya think?

*ducks as the knives come a-flying*

9. Arctic_Wolf

Arctic_Wolf Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2000
    He had better live. If not we may all die of heart break, give Qui-Gon a chance to right a terrible wrong on his part!!!
    *GETS ON KNEES BEGGING* PLEASE!!!!!

10. Kaylla Norn

Kaylla Norn Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 2000
    oh,dear, oh, dear, oh dear oh dear ohdearohdearohdear oh dear! Please don't let obi die... It would ruin a perfictly wonderful story! Oh and puleeeeeeeeze post!!!!

11. LadyVorgunby

LadyVorgunby Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2000
    Lina? I know the homework is calling to you, but can't you ignore it long enough to post?

j/k

good luck with the studies, hope you find time to post soon!!

12. Jee-dai

Jee-dai Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2000
    I do love your other story, but please, please add on to this one too!

13. Jedi Susie

Jedi Susie Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2000
    <Sigh> Looks like those college profs. are at it again. I hope you can see over the masses of homework and find your computer so that you can give us a post ^_^

14. JediCandy

JediCandy Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    Still here, still waiting.

Up.

15. Jedi_KnightMariah

Aug 6, 2000
  16. Senni_Arava

Senni_Arava Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2000
  17. Jargonn

Jargonn Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 7, 2000
    And again!

18. Jee-dai

Jee-dai Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2000
    Darn. I was hoping for an update.

Um Lina, we need some closure here!!!

19. Julie

Aug 1, 1998
    Oh Lina! Its great that you are writing so much on your other thread, but please son't forget this one!! Its so close to finishing! Please, I'm begging you, please write more soon! :)

20. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    yes, i know! this thread will get a post tonight. i'm sorry for leaving it off for so long. i had a burst of inspiration one night but the forum was down. but a post will come late tonight.

21. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Ummm....okay, so a post might take a bit longer than I thought. But one will come this weekend.

22. Jedi_KnightMariah

Aug 6, 2000
  23. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Sorry about the wait everyone!

Qui-Gon forced himself to move backwards from the bed as the two healers stood on either side of Obi-Wan. His eyes remained glued on the small, unresponsive face as Leona gently removed the breathing tube. The small healer's hands lingered and she quietly brushed the padawan's hair back. Tears glistened in the healer's eyes. Silently, An-Paj shut off each machine and removed the IV's from Obi-Wan's arm and all other wires. The room fell into a dead silence as the faint beeping off the monitors were turned off.

And no one breathed as they waited.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It was getting darker.

"Follow me, Obi-Wan" Cerasi said as they walked hand in hand.

The student smiled and nodded. As he walked further with the red-haired girl, he could feel himself getting lighter and lighter. As if the weight that had been on his shoulders was being taken off for the first time in months. Peace. He could feel it coming closer. And he wanted nothing more than to be enveloped in it.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Leona didn't speak. She knew everyone else in the room felt it. Obi-Wan's body was slowly shutting down. Already his breathing had stopped and she could sense his heart slowing. It would only be a few more minutes....at the most. The tears she had been holding back now flowed freely. Even Master An-Paj was losing his battle to keep the stinging tears from his eyes.

The only one who remained dry-eyed was Qui-Gon. He had not broken his gaze once from Obi-Wan's still form. Inside his mind, he could hear the echoing beats of Obi-Wan's heart as it slowed. He could feel it growing fainter and less frequent. Almost as compensation, his own heart began to beat faster and faster. The reality of Obi-Wan dying suddenly hit him. And hit him hard.

Obi-Wan was going to die. He was going to leave. He was going to lose Obi-Wan. His Obi-Wan. His padawan.

Suddenly, without a word, Qui-Gon nearly shoved An-Paj aside and took Obi-Wan's face in between his large hands. Pressing his forehead to the boy's cold one, Qui-Gon finally did something he had not done since forever. Since before Obi-Wan ever entered his life. Since before the last time he had seen Xanatos. He opened his mind. Completely and utterly, letting his emotions and thoughts flood through the nearly dead bond he had formed with Obi-Wan.

Vaguely, he could hear An-Paj calling his name but he did not respond. All his energies became focused on the boy lying in front of him. Who was dying. And whom Qui-Gon WOULD NOT let go. Not now.

//Obi-Wan....Obi-Wan....don't go// he pleaded. //Don't leave. Please, Obi-Wan, please stay.//

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"What is it?" asked Cerasi. They had been advancing when suddenly Obi-Wan stopped. The boy had turned around from the direction they had just come from and was frowning, curiously. "What's wrong?"

"I...don't know" answered Obi-Wan after a minute. He thought he felt....no, that couldn't have been it. He must have imagined it. But as soon as he thought that, it happened again. Something was calling to him. But not really calling....it was in his head.

//Obi-Wan...please don't go//

"Master?" Obi-Wan whispered. Tentatively, almost unbelievingly, the student touched the part of his mind that he once shared with his Master from so long ago. But unlike the cold shields that had been up before, he felt a rush of emotions. The shields were gone. Completely gone. In awe, Obi-Wan only stood as the wave of feelings from Qui-Gon came over him. It was a maelstorm of fear, sorrow, anxiety and something else....

//Don't leave, Obi-Wan. Please. Stay with me. Don't leave me, padawan.//

The one word flooded Obi-Wan's heart with an emotion that nearly choked him. He had for so long wished to hear Qui-Gon call him that again.

//I need you with me, padawan. Please. Please, don't go....//

"Obi-Wan?" Cerasi shook his arm. The student turned to face the inquiring girl. Ceras

24. Julie

Aug 1, 1998
    YES!!! Ah, that was well worth the wait! Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

25. Kaylla Norn

Kaylla Norn Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 2000
    THAT WAS WONDERFUL!!!! Only please don't make us wait so long for the next post Please!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.