main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Searching for sound fx

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by fireresq7, Nov 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fireresq7

fireresq7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    Hello everybody... I'm in the process of looking for Battle Droid Voices...does anybody know where to find a databank of these voices?
    ~Thanks
    RC

2. Figrin-Dan_Man

Figrin-Dan_Man Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 4, 2002
    Will these B.D.'s be saying standard B.D. phrases and taking a bit part in your film, or new dialouge that hasn't been spoken before in the P.T.?
    F-D_M
    MTFBWY

3. AWB1989

AWB1989 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 3, 2002
    If they say the lines in the official films, you could rip the sounds from the movies. And, if not, you could probably record your own voice and edit it in something like sound forge or whatever to make it sound like a battle droid.

4. WhisperingDeath

WhisperingDeath Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Good Question, does the sound bunker have 'roger roger' and other fun TPM battle droid phrases?

5. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    Hey whats the sound bunker?

6. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    The Sound Bunker doesn't actually have the battle droid voices. I also checked the TPM video game, thinking they might be there. No good.

Listening through EPI, it sounds like their voices are generally heard with music. Isolating their lines will be difficult.

I have a possible option on how to create your own driod voices. Need to test it out and write the tutorial though.

Have fun.

7. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    Hey I just got the program Sound Forge does anyone know the exact effect that makes my voice sound like a battle droid...??
    PS trust me Im trying while I wait too!
    Thanks

8. Darth_Redicolous

Darth_Redicolous Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2002
    There is no built in effects in sound forge that can do that for you. you need a vocoder do do that. The vocoder plug-in from Opcode might be a good choice. Opcode

/dr

9. BrentK7

BrentK7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    hey wouldn't that be cool if there was an effect in Sound Forge called "Make your voice sound like a battle droid", then we could have "Make your voice sound like D.Vader". You could even have one that makes you able to sing.

*Brent Thinks*

That must be how Britney Spears does it!!!

10. Jrr_Dude

Jrr_Dude Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
  11. JediDrew

JediDrew Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2002
    Go to the sound bunker , that was mentioned before...

Go to droids and download the "other droids" zip file. in there are some lines they say in the movie.

12. Admiral_Pellaeon

Admiral_Pellaeon Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2001
    you could get the "Fxpansion ringmod" its a direct x plugin. works nice to use to robotic voice effects.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.