main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Season 2: Best to Worst

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by CaptainRex115, Mar 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    10 - Bounty Hunters
    10 - Lethal Trackdown
    10 - The Deserter
    10 - Duchess of Mandalore
    9 - Holocron Heist
    9 - Landing at Point Rain
    9 - The Mandalore Plot
    9 - Brain Invaders8 - Lightsaber Lost
    8 - Death Trap
    8 - Weapons Factory
    7 - Voyage of Temptation
    7 - Children of the Force
    7 - Legacy of Terror
    6 - R2 Come Home
    6 - The Zillo Beast
    6 - The Zillo Beast Strikes Back
    5 - Senate Spy
    5 - Cargo of Doom
    5 - Grievous Intrigue
    4 - Cat And Mouse
    4 - Senate Murders

Again, these rankings are all relative. I love it all.

Bounty Hunters might be my favorite episode of the series. Lots of cool stuff... certain episodes seem out of place to me though, like Cat and Mouse and Grievous Intrigue.

2. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Cat and Mouse takes place before every other episode in the series, and carried the short-lived tradition of episode 16 being a prequel to the movie.

What's your meaning on Grievous Intrigue?

3. Praenomen Cognomen

Mar 24, 2013
    I knew that about Cat and Mouse, but of the two prequel eps, I much prefer Hidden Enemy.

Anyway, it's more an aesthetic thing; those episodes are very cold and gray... they almost feel more like something from the Malevolence arc. Grievous Intrigue didn't really seem to have much of a point, except to be a constant battle... something I think Landing At Point Rain pulls off better. Haven't seen it in a while though.

4. Praenomen Cognomen

Mar 24, 2013
    At a certain point, it almost becomes about how much "GFFA crunchiness" we get out of an episode, that really makes it memorable for me. Cameos and all that fanservice junk totally works on me.

5. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    They feel like the Malevolence arc because they take place in space! Space is awesome! :p

For fanservice, you have Eeth Koth and Adi Gallia. It's also one of Grievous' high points - an episode that makes him actually have a plan. While it doesn't succeed, he doesn't seem incompetent unlike his every appearance in the first season.

I'd class Grievous Intrigue as one of my favourites of the show.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  6. Praenomen Cognomen

Mar 24, 2013
    Heheh, pffft, space... there's nothing there to look at! It's space!

But naw. I know it's a fan favorite. Like I said, though... it's all aesthetics. If I can't get a beautiful planetside landscape background painting in the episode, I'm considerably less interested. <- even made Blue Shadow Virus tolerable for me... those Naboo settings and whatnot.

07jonesj likes this.
  7. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Yes, I'm a big fan of space and spaceships, but the beauty of fantastical worlds is not lost on me. In fact, I'm a big fan of the Ratchet & Clank series of video games, one reason being that each game features about 20 unique planets, each with their own distinctive themes.

TCW is certainly beautiful. Look at Lola Sayu, Mortis, Zygeria, or Coruscant - all very eye-pleasing worlds to look at.

PraenomenCognomen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.