main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA Season 2 BSG pistols

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by BLUE-SQUADRON-LEADER, Feb 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BLUE-SQUADRON-LEADER

BLUE-SQUADRON-LEADER Jedi Master star 2

Aug 26, 2003
    I wanted to get a feel for who all wants one. I am hoping that maybe I can get some sort of deal through Wilco Models.

2. the_black_smudge

the_black_smudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2004
    I'll probably be picking up another one or two, depending on when the order is placed

3. JarusSarn

JarusSarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2004
    I'm more interested in the Season 1's, I guess we'll wait and see what Alfredo comes up with, because I'm not shelling out $100+ for a Matsuo, even if they do look amazing ;)

4. BLUE-SQUADRON-LEADER

Aug 26, 2003
    The kits are $35 plus $8 shipping.

Myself: 1-2
    Smudge: 1-2
    Jarus: :confused: you know you want one.....come on.....[face_batting]

I hope to do this fairly quickly so please, spread the word so I have a number to present to Wilco Models.

Thanks

5. BLUE-SQUADRON-LEADER

Aug 26, 2003
    Heres the "quote" from Wilco Models:

"Kits are normally $35.00 plus $8.00 shipping. Discount in terms of free shipping starts at orders of 4 or more kits; actual 'wholesale' pricing (65% of retail, or $23.00 per kit) starts at 10 kits (actual shipping costs will be added)"

6. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    for those prices I may get 2-4 of these depending on my finances.

7. BLUE-SQUADRON-LEADER

Aug 26, 2003
    Heres the "quote" from Wilco Models:

"Kits are normally $35.00 plus $8.00 shipping. Discount in terms of free shipping starts at orders of 4 or more kits; actual 'wholesale' pricing (65% of retail, or $23.00 per kit) starts at 10 kits (actual shipping costs will be added)"

The sooner I can get a solid number of pistols the sooner I can get the order placed. I would like to shoot for a total of 10 so that we can get the best price. Once I know what the shipping is going to be I will let you all know so we can split the shipping.

Myself: 3
    Smudge: 1-2
    Jarus: 2-4

8. BLUE-SQUADRON-LEADER

Aug 26, 2003
    Anyone else interested?

Smudge and Jarus, do you guys have a solid number for me? I would like to place the order within a week.

9. the_black_smudge

May 24, 2004
    I'll go for 2 but it will probably be around 2 weeks or so before I can get the $$ together.

10. BLUE-SQUADRON-LEADER

Aug 26, 2003
    Smudge: 2
    Jarus: 2-4

Just send me a PM when you are able to pay through paypal. I will double check the shipping costs and will let you guys know what your total will be.

Thanks

11. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Put me down for 4, as soon as the wifey says I can pay for them, I will.

12. BLUE-SQUADRON-LEADER

Aug 26, 2003
    Jarus: 4

total: 9

We are still looking to sell one more pistol....
    Does anyone know anyone interested in getting one?

13. Dark_Jedi_Nasman

Dark_Jedi_Nasman Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2006
    Sure, I'll go for 1.

14. BLUE-SQUADRON-LEADER

Aug 26, 2003
    Jarus: 4
    Dark_Jedi_Nasman: 1

Total: 10

10 is not the limit, just the minimum if anyone is still interested

Thanks

15. Raph1613

Raph1613 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2004
    Thanks for the vote of confidence, John.
    Because I'm building the prototypes out of MDF, I absolutely have to construct them outdoors. Unfortunately, the weather hasn't been cooperating. My last couple of free days have been rained out.
    I know that Erik would be more than willing to volunteer his garage, but MDF really is horrific in any enclosed environment.
    Anyhoo, I have no way of estimating any kind of timeline.

Regarding the Season 2 BSG pistols:
    (this is just my opinion)
    They are just garbage, from a sci-fi standpoint. I can't believe the Prop department got to keep their jobs after slapping a tac-light onto the front of a 9mm and calling it a "rocket launcher" or whatnot.
    Seriously, they got paid for doing almost nothing.
    I do, however, forsee them being useful as a kind of "static test" at the next RadCon. Doesn't their Security Gestapo ban Star Wars blasters because they look too realistic?
    I wonder what her take will be regarding the Season 2 pistols.....

16. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Yeah, basically the season 2 pistol is just an FN FiveSeven pistol with a "launcher" mounted on front, the season one pistols were revolvers with a casing around them... I actually found an awesome airsoft season 1 bsg pistol that you could reload... let me see if I can find it... Here. The prop department's complaint was that the revolvers took too long to reload blanks into, so they switched to new guns, although, we can see here, that all they needed to do was be more inventive, and they could have had an opening panel for the chamber to pop out from. Silly prop masters... but yeah, I really do like the season one style better, that will be my preference. Alfredo, any chance when you've got it done we can do some casts of it?

17. Raph1613

Raph1613 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2004
    I don't see why we couldn't.
    Have you ever done any casting?
    If I gloss the exterior of the finished gun, then we could coat it in some kind of "release agent" for casting.

I love those pictures you Linked up.
    Unfortunately, they are different from the gun that Erik loaned me. That means that my current template is different, also. And I like the version in the pictures better.
    Looks like I'm going to be building a third prototype.....

18. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Kelli's been really getting into casting, so she could probably lend a hand.

19. the_black_smudge

May 24, 2004
    Just a note on the airsoft season 1 thaat John mentioned. It has been reported on Dewback Wing that Monsters In Motion basically recast the parts from Matsuo's season 1 to make them. Matsuo is a very stand up guy and M.O.M. has not responded to his queries about the gun. In any case while there is no difinitive proof, I'm inclined to believe him. Matsuo no longer mass produces the season 1's but he does still take the occasional individual order, and for a better price (and probably better quality) than M.O.M.

Just my .02

20. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    I'm not actually Endorsing the airsoft version for 2 main reasons, it's way too expensive, and it's airsoft, so you'd never be able to carry it at a convention. I was mostly pointing out that you can flip out the chamber to change the ammo, thus proving that the prop masters in BSG were uber lazy ;)

21. the_black_smudge

May 24, 2004
    this is true

22. BLUE-SQUADRON-LEADER

Aug 26, 2003
    Hey Guys. Please let me know when you are able to send payment. As soon as we are ready I will place the order, there will be a slight (and I mean slight) increase in price to help by for the paypal fees and the shipping, but I will let everyone one know.

Thanks guys :D

23. the_black_smudge

May 24, 2004
    probably going to be around the end of the month for me

24. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Probably the same for me, possibly later, depending on when I get some freelance jobs finished.

25. BLUE-SQUADRON-LEADER

Aug 26, 2003
    Thats fine guys, just trying to keep on top of this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.