Lg.Is, NY Season 2 on Clone Wars on Cartoon Network almost here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by RnRJedi007, Sep 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RnRJedi007 Jedi Master

star 3
    Season Two of The Clone Wars is almost here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!=D=
    starting at 8pm (ET/PT) on Friday, October 2nd
    Have those VCR's set for Record :D &
    Blasters Firing in Blaze of glory!!!!!!!!
  2. MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I'm looking forward to it. I think I was one of the few here on our boards who enjoyed the last season. --Billy
  3. CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master

star 4
    That makes two of us. A lot of effort and a great deal of hard work have
    gone into this project; I'm surprised (and many involved disheartened) at
    so much negative reaction to the the show. Make you a bet. After the fifth
    episode, Season Two, you'll see a lot of nay-sayers making disclaimers for
    their former opinions and professing how 'good the show has become'.

Now you will pay for your lack of vision...
  4. TheBothanJedi Jedi Master

star 2
    I've had some mixed fellings about the show myself.

Some episodes were brilliant, some were lack-lustre, and some were just flat out bad.

At first I was worried about Anakin's apprentice. But she was actually the least horrible thing about the show and movie.

I really liked the clone-focused episodes. It was interesting to see the people behind the helmets as real people instead of just face-less and personality-less cannon fodder.

I guess that like any show, It was really struggling to find it's footing in the first season, and it didn't help that the movie that was used to laucnch the series recieved such a nasty backlash from many long time Star Wars fans, icluding myself.
  5. RnRJedi007 Jedi Master

star 3
    Clone Uncle Owen, thankx for posting. I have high hopes on new season. Since( as early reports) it will be be heavily into Bounty Hunters.
  6. MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I'm not an Star Wars Expanded Universe fan at all but I like the Clone Wars. I can't understand all the EU fans who accept whats written in the books but dont like the Clone Wars cartoon. What is it that you y'all dont like? --Billy
  7. TheBothanJedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Do you have a few hours?

We EU fans are a picky bunch. There are things that we praise as better than the movies, and things that we would like to toss on a fire and never hear of ever again.

The new Clone Wars cartoon overrides a lot of the much cooler stuff from the Clone Wars era comics, novels, the previous Clone Wars Cartoon, and even the movies.

Personally, my problem with it is the lack lustre writing. The episodes are very hit or miss, with far more misses so far than hits.

The good episodes have been very good, but that also means that the bad episodes have been very bad as well.

At least none of the bad episodes have been as bad as the Clone Wars movie.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.