main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Season 3 DVD release...... how soon?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by WookieDroppings, Mar 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WookieDroppings

WookieDroppings Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2003
    I would love to have it in my posession in time for Episode 3 but that's probably way too soon. Who knows, one can hope.

I'd guess we're probably looking at a simultaneous release with Episode 3 on dvd.

Redirecting to here.

2. jacemathem

jacemathem Jedi Master star 5

Oct 3, 2003
    I'm making my own Clone Wars DVD. I declined buying the Volume 1 DVD in stores this week, and will be creating my own archive with fully interactive menus/animations/etc for all 25 chapters.

I could care less about what's on the Clone Wars I DVD, much less the Volume 2 DVD, if and when it comes out (which my best guess is that it will be on the ROTS DVD, since 5 chapters is a little small just to be putting on a separate DVD, with what measly "bonus features" they could possibly have).

3. CompletedCircle

CompletedCircle Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2005
    I would love to see it before May 19th but it seems unlikely...I think maybe with ROTS the clone wars vol .2 dvd will be available to have companioned better sales

4. TheJediMasterMan

TheJediMasterMan Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2005
    It amazing how may people can't do math. Volume I and volume 2 are the exact same length

20 episodes X 3 min a pop = 1 hour

5 episodes X 12 min a pop = 1 hour

the whole clone war series is pretty much a two hour movie.

My prediction on the realese of the Clone Wras V2 DVD is on the tuesday (May 17) right before Episode III May 19 opening.

5. darthsmozers

darthsmozers Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2000
    wow, are these really 12 minutes each? i thought they were much less than that. coolies :)

6. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    It's stupid they didn't wait to put them all on one DVD.

!snap

7. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    They did that so they could sell three dvds. Two dvds for the 2 seasons and another dvd featuring a special edition editing both seasons into a whole movie with possible new scenes and such.

8. wicket1138

wicket1138 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 10, 2002
    It amazing how may people can't do math. Volume I and volume 2 are the exact same length

20 episodes X 3 min a pop = 1 hour

5 episodes X 12 min a pop = 1 hour

the whole clone war series is pretty much a two hour movie.

My prediction on the realese of the Clone Wras V2 DVD is on the tuesday (May 17) right before Episode III May 19 opening.

In all fairness, there not actually 12 minutes a pop.
    Nor are the other ones 3 minutes.
    Episode 21: 12:57
    Episode 22: 13:39
    Episode 23: 12:52
    Episode 24: 12:46
    Episode 25: 13:52.
    Not that it makes too incredibly much of a difference. I'm not even trying to make a point. Just throught I'd post that.

As to the DVD, I'm more concerned about the bonus features rather than the release date. The regular trailer of course would be very nice (and almost seems like it has to be). This time, however, I would like a better documentary. The last one, while nice, just wasn't quite enough to fill the bonus materials for me.

9. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    They did that so they could sell three dvds. Two dvds for the 2 seasons and another dvd featuring a special edition editing both seasons into a whole movie with possible new scenes and such.

Luckily they're online, so I can wait.

!snap

10. ARCstudent

ARCstudent Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2004
    I'm hoping they will increase the bass for the DVD's. I'm sure that 4 throat guy would sound wicked sick on my subwoofers.

11. LukeGonzowalker

LukeGonzowalker Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2005
    I don't know man, the THX mix is a lot better on the official DVD than what I get out of my Tivo reciever. Actually, the mix on the DVD is pretty freaking excellent, and I'm looking forward to getting the current batch in a similar fashion, hopefully before the DVD release of Episode 3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.