Clone Wars Season 4 Preview (SDCC News & Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Claws_Bane, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Swashbucklingjedi Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 5
    Dialogue in trailers is always out of place- "Welcome to Death Watch" is such a bad line it probably is not said in that scene.:p

Odd choice of words but yeah it has fanboyish vibe in that duel..... Ventress better not die and Grievous just can't.....

Males are those who look "weird" - EU never decided what they look like now they received smaller lekkus and bigger montrals could've been worse.... and they are carbon copies- see there is only few models- one dark skinned female, one orange female, one white female, one red male etc..... see there is only couple of models and they are carbon copies just like before- so no "genetic diversity" after all:p .....
    even though i also think it would've been better if skin colors would be only from red to yellow...

and they really need new trailer musics...
  2. Swashbucklingjedi Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 5
    This happens because this damn thing jumped back to second last page after my first post- sorry.... hey 100 pages:p
  3. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    Yeah they should totally license some hip songs for the trailers. A little Ke$ha, some Emenim.
  4. Darth_Gamek Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Please no. :oops:
  5. QuangoFett Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm still amazed at how much effort they put into making all the Twi'leks and Togrutas look unique, and how little effort they put into the same for humans...
  6. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    How awkward would it be if they brought back the Lurmens now?
  7. Swashbucklingjedi Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 5
    Uh.... they are not all unique- just few models copied - see there is 3 different females (White, dark green and orange) and 2 different males(red and almost white) that's it- 5 models- about same amount of togruta models as there is humanmodels- in fact less.... but i rather see carbon copies than weequays:p they really have to add them to all planets- i guess Sriluur is empty now...
    also those twi'leks in trailer looks all same to me what comes to face....

They could appear later as separatist slaves on Mygeeto....
  8. QuangoFett Force Ghost

star 4
    "Effort" as in bothering to change the colour palette and using the various 3D models they already have whenever possible, instead of making large groups of humans look more uniform than the clone army.
  9. Dark Lord Tarkas Force Ghost

star 4
    I've made most or all of these predictions before, but I'm going to put them in a list here because I'm wondering if anyone has any opinions on them. Admittedly I'm being optimistic on some of these, but I'm also trying to to be realistic in what I expect and there are some things I'm expecting that I would not prefer to be sure.

Clone Episodes

S1, S2, and S3 all had 1 - 2 clone episodes as I recall. I therefore predict that S4 will have 1 - 2 clone episodes.

Political Episodes

S3 had an enormous amount of political episodes in comparison to S1 and S2. S4 will dial it back down with 2 - 4 political episodes; maybe even 1 - 4 just because of the title of the season (as irrelevant as that often proves to be, *a-hem* "Bounty Hunters" *a-hem*). Although, if you're not like me and you count episodes that take place in primarily political environs without really having much to do about politics as political episodes, I'd say you're pretty much guaranteed 2 - 4.

Ahsoka Bizarre Team-Up Episodes

Padawans don't do solo missions with random senators without their Master. S4 will have zero of these.

Obi-Wan/Anakin/Ahsoka Episodes

Like political episodes, S3 had a much higher concentration of "The Big Three" episodes, as the trio is sometimes referred to in these parts. Likewise with the political episodes, S4 will dial it back and have no more than one story arc with this team. The exception to this may occur if there is a lot of development in the Fate of Ahsoka, in which case I think that's okay because they're not Big Three mission episodes, but I'm really expecting that to happen more in S5.

Sweet New Force Stuff

S1 didn't really have anything in this department, S2 had the triple-mind-trick (complete with discussion of destroying one's mind with the Force) and Sith experiments on Force-sensitive babies (complete with Darth Sidious talking about the army of Dark Side users he wants to have), and obviously S3 had the Force-witch trilogy and the Mortis trilogy. S4 will have to have at least one awesome thing along these lines, and no, the double-double lightsaber dude definitely does not count.

CIS Victory Episodes

There have arguably been no real CIS victory episodes in TCW thus far. Given that this season has "battle" in the title, if S4 doesn't have some, we truly have cause to lose all hope. We have to get at least one, right?

Spaceship Dogfight Episodes

There's really at the most two of these in TCW so far, with the only certain one being Shadow of Malevolence all the way back in beginning of S1. I'm once again perhaps haphazardly predicting from the title of the season that we will get at least one more outer space dogfight episode, maybe even more. But please, by Crom's bones, at least let there be one!

Main Character Deaths

In keeping with the tradition TCW is starting to build, S4 will see some at least moderately big-name Jedi bite the bullet. Both Savage Opress and Asajj Ventress will survive S4.
  10. Swashbucklingjedi Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 5
    mandalorians and alderaanians were made just like togrutas here- but human skincolor needs variety... Mace is by far only black human in the show- is he not? Yeah he is while Adi Gallia is tholothian nowadays.....but black humans need new facial models as well so they simply need more human models... I haven't seen much "large groups of humans" anyway- Corruption had that parade though....

I think you won't mind if i use your list and fill it again:p

Clone Episodes
    More of these than before- Umbara arc is heavily clone centered so 3-5 maybe even more since Umbara arc alone is said to be long....

Political Episodes
    I would say none this time maybe 1 or 2 but this time they probably decided to leave politics completely....

Uh Tarkas- she already has "bizarre team-up" with her new boyfriend:p

Slaves of The Republic arc seems to be only one of these for now....

Force Stuff
    It was promised that there is something- hopefully sith-centered arc as finale where Talzin reveals her grand plan and Maul thing is revealed....

CIS Victory Episodes
    If this season has none of these next season must be "CIS Strikes Back"-season or i'll stop watching this show[face_not_talking]

Spaceship Dogfight Episodes at least one over Umbara looks clear...

Character DeathsI'm disappointed if Ventress, Lux or Viszla dies already... I hope Bane dies but he probably won't.....
    Tarpals needs to die because he hurts Grievous and no non-jedi should be able to do so without severe punishment:p
    Adi Gallia seems to be doomed as well....

Krell looks like a redshirt jedi who wants to be übercool during all those 30 minutes we see him.....and Rik "sharknose" Enson is one of those "one arc villains" that is too wild beast to be captured so he is technically sushi already....

Savage may bite the dust in season finale and if Talzin reveals her plan she may be in danger as well- and Maul should already be dead[face_laugh] ...

Some of these clones bites the Umbaran soil: Jesse, Hardcase, Kix.... but Fives shouldn't die or domino squad really was like dominos...
  11. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    Cartoon Network has finally updated their website. Check out the image of Obi-wan vs Savage. Their still showing the old trailer like some exclusive but check out the new Rex on there.

Clone Episodes

Umbara is described as a long arc, atleast 3 episodes so we'll break the 2 episodes quota this season. I also suspect there will be one more clone episode with Wolffe and his guys. To add to that I would like the see the clones get atleast a subplot in the slave arc. They might get some questions.

Political Episodes

God no but I digress we are guaranteed atleast two political intrigue episodes similar to the old season 1 and season 2 quota.

Dave has actually said he will be scaling back on Anakin and Obi-wan to focus more on both Ahsoka and Rex's character arcs but I'm betting their will still be a fair few of the big three. I think Plo's role may start to grow this season so he may take away some of Anakin or Obi-wan's screen time.

Main character death

One moderately important Jedi, Vizsla, and maybe Ventress. I feel we'll merely have a run in with Savage and his arc will conclude later. I also feel confident Rex will survive this season. Fives and Jesse not so much. I would like to see Fives live since it seems he could be developing into a foil with an insolent attitude. But it sounds like the deaths of his men are going to start shaping Rex's character arc now, perhaps at the hands of General Krell and other Jedi for making lousy calls. Pay attention to the scene where Rex and Cut are playing the game in 'The Deserter'. I think that scene provides immediate foreshadowing.
  12. Darth_Zandalor Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey, at least the humans beat out the Weequay. They used two heads for all of them. The New Mandalorians looking similar makes sense from an aesthetic standpoint, as they appear to adhere to their rigid society.

I've got no justifications for the rest.
  13. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I have a feeling the fates of Ventress and Randy Savage are linked.

Political episodes - the thing is, what are they realistically going to do? The only thing I could see is an episode with Bail, Mon Mothma, etc and perhaps the early early beginnings of the Rebel Alliance. We've now had Padme in pretty every political scenario we can think of.

Tarkas or maybe it was somebody different said the show actually does its best work on politics when they aren't the main focus of the episode, and that's true.

We will see plenty of Ahsoka and Rex, apparently.

We'll see Anakin and Ahsoka in the opener, and the Big Three in the slaver arc, and they'll be in the Savage arc, but otherwise, I don't expect them to have as big a collective role.
  14. Swashbucklingjedi Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 5
    Nope I don 't believe it- new trailer proved that they are not making him any more important- Dave can put him in those arcs GL allows him to but GL doesn't seem to like him that much- there is not going to be Plo-invasion- maybe one starring role that seems to have nothing to do with Ahsoka this time....

Why you think so- that one Obi vs. Savage pic in CN-page is as reliable as Anakin vs. Grievous poster:oops: if we don't have clip or confirmation it may just be promotional image....
    At least i would hope that jedi wouldn't steal Savage's episode again....

and Viszla cannot die seriously that's wasting a good character.... of course if they decided to waste him it can be that female mando then takes his place, but i think we need them both to that actual second (or third or who knows how many there have been) mandalorian civil war when it breaks out:p .... it has to break out sooner or later.....

We cannot see CN-previews outside U.S.:( is it new one or the same Water War- clip or something?
  15. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    Its the old Star Wars weekend trailer. I posted that link because its the first time I've seen a promotional image of Rex in Phase II armor. It should be in the top left. I can't tell if any of the other images are new. Other than that there is nothing remarkable. Cartoon Network must not be able to use any of the other trailers or promotional clips for season 4 as they exist now. I wouldn't be surprised if any commercials are cut from the old trailer.

here are some screenies to save time and clicks.

[image=http://www.ximages.net/images/38945119028017669048.jpg]

[image=http://www.ximages.net/images/04222154249662752761.jpg]
  16. Swashbucklingjedi Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 5
    I still cannot see a thing:p wait... now i can... my internet connection is crazy- i can see the pic now.... and i can see those pages here what i cannot see is videos....

And i still think that he is commander Rex soon enough- kook he has commander's style that no clone captain can have:p ....
  17. Rossley Jedi Knight

star 1
    Clone Episodes
    The trailer looked pretty Clone heavy, but trailers can be misleading. The Battle Lines theme would seem to suggest a greater military emphasis, but we all know what happened with Secrets Revealed and Bounty Hunters. Still, I would imagine that we'll get 2-4 Clone focussed episodes (depending on arc length).

Political Episodes
    As a fan of House of Cards I'd love to see an episode focussed on Palpatine getting Urquhart-esque in the Senate. However, I suspect that the chance of seeing more than the tiniest glimpse of this is about as likely as Hondo Ohnaka taking up chartered accountancy. The S2 and S3 Senate episodes were IMO consistently poor, so I'm hoping that we'll only get 1 or 2 Senate-centric episodes. However, I would imagine that there will be political themes running through some non-Senate episodes, as was the case in the Ryloth triology. We'll perhaps see some of these in the slavery arc.

We know about the Ahsoka/Lux thing. I'm looking forward to seeing Death Watch again, but Lux strikes me as being about as interesting as cold toast. In terms of other Ahsoka team-ups, I would guess that we'll see her teamed with other Jedi, but these probably don't come under the 'bizarre' heading.

As much as I enjoyed many of the Obi-Wan/Anakin/Ahsoka-centric episodes in S2 and later S3 I hope we see more of an emphasis on other characters (though for Force's sake not Padme). However, I think that there's no doubt that they will maintain their status as the central focus of the series.

CIS Victory Episodes
    Difficult to guess how many of these there are going to be. If they're going to maintain a sense of the Republic being under real threat from the Separatists there really ought to be a few more of these. We know the war's a sham, but the heroes don't. However, I recall (though I may be mis-remembering) that they've said that there would be more Separatist wins with respect to previous seasons and there really haven't been that many.

Character Deaths
    I'm almost certain we'll see some this season. Definitely not Ahsoka (if she dies it won't be till the final season), but maybe some moderately familiar Jedi (e.g. Eeth Koth, Adi Gallia). I'm uncertain as to whether Rex will go. His death would pack a punch, but I get the sense that - like Ahsoka - he's very popular with the target demographic. With respect to the villains, I wouldn't be surprised if Savage Oppress and Ventress kick the bucket, though I'm hoping that Ventress will last into Season 5. Bane may also snuff it this season, but while I'm almost certain that he'll be killed in TCW at some point, I don't think that it will be quite yet.
  18. Swashbucklingjedi Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 5
    It may be only me but IMO there was enough bounty hunters in "Rise of Bounty Hunters" Secrets revealed however.....
  19. InterestingLurker Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm confident that there may be no political episodes. I mean, think about it, Filoni said that there will be no standalone episodes(at least I think that's what I heard). And we know that we have a slave arc, the Dac trilogy, an Umbaran arc(that's confirmed to be a long arc), a continuation of the Nightsisters storyline(that could also be a long arc), something pertaining to the Death Watch, a prison break, and droid episodes. My point is that there may not be much time for more political rubbish. Unless we have political episodes for the season finale.
  20. Swashbucklingjedi Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 5
    ^Season finale with Padmé in action[face_sick] :oops: [face_hypnotized] :_| NOOOOOOOO!:p
  21. QuangoFett Force Ghost

star 4
    Heroes On Both Sides and Pursuit Of Peace both make up one whole arc, itself a prequel to Senate Murders. I could easily imagine the finale being a political arc.

However, depending on how short their production times are, they may have learned their lesson and put a hold on all political episodes in future seasons.
  22. Rossley Jedi Knight

star 1
    If that happens we'll know that Palpatine's running the show.

Given that they seem to start work on seasons before the previous one's started airing I fear they may have finalised the S4 scripts before the viewer response to the first half of S3 came in (and in this case I honestly do think that there was a generally negative response from both long time fans and casual viewers alike). However, listening to interviews with Filoni and others, I suspect that they may have had an inkling that what went out in the former part of S3 wasn't going to be hugely well received. I'm still not sure why they didn't spread the lacklustre episodes out. Suppose that they may have thought that if they started with a bang (Kamino duology) and ended with a bang (Nightsisters, Mortis, Citadel, Trando-duology) people would forget the middle bit.
  23. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Force Ghost

star 5
  24. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    ^Indeed

And somehow I doubt we've seen the last of the poltical episodes. Trouble is next time we may be in for a 3 episodes arc getting shoves down our throats.
  25. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Force Ghost

star 5
    I'd like to think they've learnt by now that most people don't like the political episodes. But I guess the real backlash was too recent to expect anything hopeful in that category from S4. Maybe by the fifth season we'll see some real progress.