main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Season 4 Preview (SDCC News & Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Claws_Bane, Mar 31, 2011.

1. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I can only imagine what types of political episodes we might see. The first episode will be something about the Republic defaulting on their debt and credit rating being downgraded...and many systems across the galaxy in danger of default as well... The second episode will be a long argument in the Senate about raising taxes and cutting spending...
    *rubs hands together in great anticipation*

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    The sad thing I could see a couple episodes devoted to that and hear Padme's remarks.

3. Rossley

Rossley Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2009
    Perhaps in later seasons they'll draw inspiration from my side of The Pond and have an episode in which a spate of rioting and looting breaks out on Naboo. Is it due to wartime cutbacks in social spending? Gungan family breakdown? Widespread social disenfranchisement amongst citizens over the age of 30 brought about by the fact that the body politic is mostly comprised of twelve year old girls?

4. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    The less said about the humiliating Chav Uprising of 2011, the better.

5. Rossley

Rossley Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2009
    You mean you don't want to watch Padme's attempt to infiltrate a hoodie gang as part of a Very Important Undercover Fact Finding Mission?

...Alright, I'll shut up now.

6. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
  7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Yep. =)

8. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Oh! I didn't notice Rex's new model up there in the top..

9. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    I think the majority of us would enjoy political episodes if TCW writers focused on different characters aside from borefest like Padme and actually you know........ make the politics make sense.:p

10. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Photoshop job looks a little rough but he looks cool. Maybe I'm imagining but the head/helmet looks a little big.

That's probably the new promotional image. Rex ol' boy is on all the merchandise. Lol, I'm so cheap I use a tag from a shirt as my Rex poster.

11. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Rex is looking good.

12. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Yeah "common sense" has interesting way to make stories better:p

13. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    a) Yes you have the right to your opinion, however when you blatantly enforce the topic at any given opportunity its purpose degenerates quickly. It's like 'PT-bashers' voicing their distaste for the Prequels at any given opportunity - yes, it is their opinion, however it gets to the point that their point has been made. You said it yourself:

b) Every time I do voice my enjoyment of Mortis (which isn't very often mind you) you have another comment about how you perceive it to be terrible.

We get it you don't like Mortis. I'm tried of 'listening' to you say it all the time. Sorry but I think its better to be honest.

14. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Phil seriously...... not now.... I'm not interested in argument about Mortis again.... I'm sorry if I have offended you.....

Well what do you think people- what is the world where Pre Viszla and his men (and that lady)are? It's not Mandalore i think- that is inhabitable wasteland and one clip showed trees there.... still I think it might be retconned Kalevala- Satine's homeworld- or Concordia during winter but i watched the trailer again- maybe that is not village of theirs but instead village they are attacking- "Welcome"-line is not in it's place- i think it's what Pre Viszla says to Lux and in that clip he actually gives commands to his troops who raid this village- in another clip we can see houses burning and i don't think Ahsoka starts to burn down the village all by herself..... of course it may be Satine with flamethrower[face_thinking]....

It seems possible that clone commandos also appear in this arc- Dave loves RC and game portrays (not even to mention Traviss' novels)that clones- especially commandos have some kind of mandalorian heritage or they consider themselves to be some sort of mandalorians or their idealistic followers through Jango- so maybe we get into that by bringing clone commandos to Mandalore-system- Death Watch betrayed true mandalorians so if clones think themselves as some kind of idealistic followers of them they would be glad to kick some Death Watch *ss:p

15. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    Kalevala in my opinion. Maybe it is the 'Mandalore' where the Traviss novels take place in order to retcon those stories.

16. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Looks like Death Watch raids the village instead of inhabiting it- those doesn't look like DW-commandos but civilians and commandos are flying over the town- idea of joyriding commandos who fly over their own town just for fun is too foolish[face_laugh].

As Finnish i'm glad if that's Kalevala:p - while architechture is more like japanese- making Kalevala to be rather cold forested world would be just the right decision when world is named after Finnish national epic.... eu said it is poisonous desert but that's Mandalore itself nowadays so hopefully that is Kalevala then.....

17. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I like when my instincts are right. I knew there was a Japanese feel to those cherry blossom trees in the Katie Sackhoff preview. Now we get the Japanese-styled houses where the Death Watch have set up shop.

18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    What is an inhabitable waste land? It does kinda of look to me like we are at some kind of base in the --"Welcome to Deathwatch" -- clip. Perhaps one Deathwatch took over. I'm not sure what Deathwatch terrorism we are going to see. Despite clips of Ahsoka getting attacked, at that particular point it also appears they are treating her as a guest rather than a prisoner. Maybe that's just me though. I do like the look of the snowy pink treed planet they start off on. Makes me feel a little cold actually. I hope Deathwatch is more bite than talk.

19. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    "Welcome to Death Watch" [face_tired]

Who writes these terribad lines.

20. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I have a theory myself that we're going to get an episode of Lux actually joining Deathwatch and after passing some sort of test or something. Then that line is said. I doubt you just fill out an application, sign a waver, then turn it in to Deathwatch HR.

21. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Is it not okay to say "Welcome to Death Watch" as a means of welcoming one to Death Watch? [face_thinking] Seems pretty natural to me.

22. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    It is also incredibly clichéd and :oops::oops::oops: worthy.

23. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Edited - Not nice [face_shame_on_you] Mind your manners. - Gry

24. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    My question is what is the cause of that perception. Especially if you admit it's a natural thing to say in that situation, I fail to see what's so ":oops:" about it.

25. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Aw, hell naw...

That should all be retconned.

I'm sorry, but TCW's writers should have the conviction to stand by one of their few moments of genuine brilliance and not bow to the demands of a small group of fans.

No wannabe-Mando clones. No "True" Mandalorians living past the Battle of Galidraan. I want to see a resolution to the Satine/Vizsla/DeathWatch/NewMando story introduced in The Mandalore Plot, not some shoehorned-in pandering to a second-rate part of C-Canon.

TCW made the Mandalorians great again. It would be a massive shame to see them shoot themselves in the foot.