main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Season 4 Preview (SDCC News & Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Claws_Bane, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Who knows, you might be right, this is supposedly the season of explosions after all.

2. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Satine has nothing to do with explosions she is more "burn it down"-type :p maybe she is scorching the village there behind Ahsoka and Mando [face_laugh] ...

3. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    I feel like using that as a quote. People need to realize you don't become an empire by running around some woods with bucket-helmeted mercenaries. You need an actual industrial society and resource base to begin running around the galaxy with bucket-helmeted army troops. :p

4. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    More i hear about Traviss-mandos more i start to think she wrote about her own fantasy...

5. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I second this. It's good to know that the writing team thought this through. I just hope that they advance the sub-plot. They need to get somewhere with the Mando story-line. No doubt they will, but when?

6. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Heh. I'm fine with the idea of Mandalorian clans wandering around the woods of Mandalore. The culture Traviss elaborated on was actually fun to read about, in a LOL-WTF?! kind of way.

However, I see that as being very much in the distant past (ie. way before the KOTOR games take place, perhaps before the Republic's foundation). I have a big problem with this nomadic warrior culture persisting to the PT/OT timeframe and somehow being in any way capable of matching the Republic/Empire/Jedi at any point.

The KOTOR games show the Mandalorians using standardised armour and weaponry and well-developed military machinery. I agree with you. This can't somehow spring from a pre-industrial culture. They need industry for this.

This past nomadic culture should be something the Mandalorian ultranationalists hanker after like how the German Nazis were obsessed with pre-Roman Germanic cultures. If the Mandalorians have been in any way significant on a Galactic level, this culture can't survive as the only Mandalore.

For me, the clincher is Jango Fett's armour.

There is no way that it is the product of anything but an industrialised civilisation. It's unadorned with paintjobs and most of the modifications are functional. Really, I don't see how anyone could think that Jango's shining silver armour is not close to the baseline Mandalorian armour set and that Boba's dented, painted and heavily modified armour is somehow the norm.

You should read the Republic Commando books. The first two are pretty good. I read Traviss' novelisation of the TCW movie and it was almost as good as these two. The later two are infuriatingly bad due to their shift in focus from actual clone commandos to Mandosupremacists, but Imperial Commando is reportedly an improvement.

Significantly, it's the longest-running CW-era novel series and the only one to continue in the "interregnum" between ROTS and TCW. It provides plenty of examples of how not to write clone/Jedi romances, clone-Mandalorian associations, Order 66 disobedience, etc.

7. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Wow does Traviss actually write that Mandoculture has no industry? All armors are handmade and forged in little blacksmithshops in forest?[face_laugh] seriously they are not ewoks for sure and wookiees have industry of some kind as well so whether or not they play wargames in forest mandos definitely have industry Jango's armor tells enough of that....

8. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    The Jedi I have no problem with knowing all the names because they can probably feel through the force who each individual clone is. But with clones unless it's a high ranking officer or a clone with different markings on their armor, I don't see how they could tell who is who especially if they all have the same white armor on, obviously a lot of clones look different when they have no helmet on and are pretty unique.

Though because they've grown up with each other, in-universe they probably can tell the notable differences in accents, attitudes etc etc

9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Most of the regular people and kids watching can't tell any of the clones apart except for Rex and Cody anyways regardless of markings on the armor. I thought the reason they all have names OOU is for the convenience of the audience. It also sounds like a plot device for the individuality subplot. Evidently names are a big deal.

10. Executor_of_Order66

Executor_of_Order66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2009
    On the cn preview the four arm jedi talks. Good voice I thought.

11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    CN ran a commercial? I can't wait to see this... don't ket me down tonight Brighthouse Networks DVR.

12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Whoops double posts but this article needs to go up in here.

13. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Whoops. Posted my thoughts in the general thread. I think it's going to be time to shut this thread down by the end of the weekend.

14. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Also:

New Screenshots

Edit: Wait nevermind -- someone found them in the main spoiler thread.

15. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Does anybody know were I can watch the clips of the comic con panels? The ones that show the umbarans and the disitigrating weapons and stuff like that?

16. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    I'm happy to see this. I was hoping that this character would not be a scene-stealer at the cost to Vizsla himself. An utterly expendable Death Watch minion, no different to the unnamed Sniper, the unnamed Bomber and the unnamed Failure? Brilliant. Two thumbs up to Filoni.

It's nice to know that Filoni recognises the glory in discretion.

Her armour is the one of the better designs I've seen for a female Mandalorian armour suit. Some of the equivalent designs in the EU have been a bit bizarre.

[image=http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20061215153042/starwars/images/c/c2/Mandalady.jpg]

What kind of warrior shrink-wraps armour plates to the curvature of her mammaries? [face_thinking]

17. FarEasterling

FarEasterling Jedi Master star 1

Aug 18, 2011
    Does anybody remember KOTOR 2 videogame where Mandalorians train themselves on some moon? Wanted to prove they are the race of warriors and not something the Republic "made of" their nation. Roughly 4000 years before Death Watch movement. May be the mandalorians have always been split into two fractions, in fact they could quite come to certain terms to each other. Satine does not care about a very big painting in the Viszla's hall with a mythical mandalorian killing an ugly jedi, and warriors volutarily escape to some moon for practicing instead of civil war.

18. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Average female comic-character:p

19. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    Maybe that painting is to remind the citizens of Mandalore about the war that could very possibly ensue if they return to their warrior ways.

20. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    C-3PO and R2-D2 being tied up by some miniature species? Gulliver's Travels in Star Wars? It seems very odd....

21. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Awesome shot!

[image=http://tvmedia.ign.com/tv/image/article/119/1190763/star-wars-the-clone-wars-20110825060944821.jpg]

22. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    Either that or C-3PO and R2-D2 have become giants.

23. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Is there a place where I can watch this preview?

24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Hollywood?

I've wander if Dave's wife is an Owls of Ga'hoole fan even though they are intermediate books. The helmet reminds me of how Nyra's helmet is described in the books and looks in the movie. I doubt it but I can dream. I like really obscure homages.

Its still interesting to me how all the anthropomorphic animal aliens are species which real humans generally fear like spiders and snake. Now there is this guy. Sharkman kinda sends chills up my spine. I'm afraid of sharks. =X

I haven't found the new commercial yet on youtube or cartoonnetwork.com. Its a mix of old and new stuff, mostly clones. I can bootleg it with a camera or you can wait patiently for someone with better to catch it.

25. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    I still hope they play the Jaws music when the Sharkman shows up.