main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Season 4 Preview (SDCC News & Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Claws_Bane, Mar 31, 2011.

1. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    That's what happened in the original CW material when Obi-Was was presumed MIA and Anakin's new master was Ki-Adi for a while.

2. ShakTeeth

ShakTeeth Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2011

Nothing blew me away, but all of it seemed enjoyable, and that to me is the main thing.

3. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    It's up on the site.

4. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    I still can't tell what the species is that captures C-3PO and R2, maybe new.

5. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    That was wwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy too short. Anyone else notice the woman falling after Anakin jumps down from a tree? Was that Padme? I really couldn't tell.

6. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Looks like Padme in a tornado.

7. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Nope, that's a new clone.

Also I knew this was going to happen.. people think Rex is a ARC from his armor.. hi ho confusion from the kiddos..

8. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Thanks. Also I love how Padme's fabulous and gorgeous new model is from Episode I which is being re-released in 3-D in February 2012, so we should expect Battle of Naboo to be the beginning of the second half of the season.

9. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Did anyone notice that 0:27 Anakin has two lightsabers.

10. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011

Oh wow yeah he does. And it's HIS lightsaber on his belt..whose is he holding? Could be a animation error but they wouldn't make a mistake like that would they?

11. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    He looked like Rex in the CN preview, it was going so fast though he definitely has the look of Rex facial wise.

12. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I took the liberty of taking a screenshot and uploading it to imageshack.

EDIT: OK so the image thing isn't working. I'll have to link it instead.

Sure looks like Jesse in the background. Obviously it's Fives because you can see the tattoo. I'm not 100% positive but based on the colouring of the armour I'd say that's Rex. EDIT: Actually he's bald so I'd say no. At first I thought it was ARC Trooper armour he was wearing and I was nerdgasming. But yeah, only one shoulder pauldron looks a bit different.

If you guys want me to do screenshots for the other scenes I'd be happy to do them:D

EDIT: I did them anyway. For whatever reason any image things aren't working so they have to be links.

Wolffe Pack Phase 2 Armour

Anakin captured by Dooku

Anakin being electrocuted

Ahsoka diving out of a Gunship (with flippers)

Ahsoka underwater close-up

Jesse taking cover without a gun (it is him but all the frames showing the tattoo were blurry)

Grievous close-up (still sporting the four digit hands I see)

Grievous fighting Tarpals in the rain

Some random aliens on animals with Trandoshan electric gun

Artoo and Threepio electrocuted

Quarren and Aqua Droids Assault on Dac capital

Ackbar close-up

Anakin fighting Dooku with cool saber arc

Blatant TPM nod (starships escaping from hangar)

Anakin battle stance on random jungle world

Padme in a tornado (sorry about the quality but it goes by so fast the frames are all messed up and I gave up after a while)

Grievous getting pwned by a Gungan, possible Tarpals

Republic fighter, gets blown up immediately after this frame (intitially thought it was an ARC 170 but not so sure now)

Anakin slicing Commando droids, he does have his own saber on his belt so he found a new one I guess

Final shot of a Republic ship being destroyed and a Vulture droid flying towards the screen

13. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I love trailers-

Padmé looks great now- Battle of Naboo? (Haha much like in my episode ideas) and Dac damn i said this some time ago i want another battle of Dac i guess my orders are received:p .... Dooku kidnaps Anakin and they have a duel- i always though they met some time prior ROTS so this may not be last time they meet.. 3po in trouble again shot by tradoshanstunner- really and i thought it was cool to see unique stunner and now it's used by everyone.... well better have nothing to do with joogan fruits this time.... i'm pretty sure we'll see Ackbar too.... or is that Ackbar actually?....

I was bit pissed on with Plo being the first jedi appearing:oops: damn it Filoni someone else for once... i'm tired of Plo already- he is the most boring jedi in the universe.....

Aquatic Ahsoka Naboo or Dac[face_thinking] where that happens- anyway phase2 clones, some kind of new droids and more aquatic battles -Grievous fighting gungans is that the big victory Filoni mentioned.... he cannot take Naboo really... is it Ohma'Dun or something then.... well that's gotta be defeat on Naboo for CIS at some point anyway...

14. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Question: How can you tell that Gungan is Tarpals? If he is, that would be pure greatness. Any character that can say "Yousa in big doodoo this time!" and make it threatening gets my vote.
    But it seems that whoever he is, he won't get out of the episode alive. One-on-one non-Force-user against Grievous? There are two possible outcomes:
    1) Grievous slaughters that Gungan (in kid-friendly way) before Gungan army, great scene
    2) Grievous runs away from a Gungan, best scene ever

15. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    I really liked the teaser. The animation will clearly continue to be on the same visually interesting level as season 3,5.

If I were to take a guess I would say that perhaps Dooku will try to make Anakin his new apprentice, after loosing Asajj and Opress.

Nice to have Fives return.

16. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I pretty much liked everything, except:

- Dooku fighting Anakin (I won't have a problem if they explain how have Anakin's powers doubled from the last time they met)
    - Dooku still without his live-action cape
    - The end of Phase I armor (I hate phase II armor. Really...)

17. Kualan

Dec 4, 2008
    That's a great series of links, ImNotAStarWarsFanboy. Danke.

If it is Tarpals (which I'm pretty sure it is now) I hope they get Steve Speirs to do his voice as he did in TPM. He's an actor who appears in a lot of my favourite shows and films (Star Wars, Pirates of the Caribbean, Doctor Who, Extras, etc) and it's always nice when someone reprises their role from the films.

Who knows, maybe that's Timothy Rose voicing Ackbar? :p He's closely associated with Lucasfilm after all (though I don't know if he actively works for them these days).

18. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I think it may be Tarpals and in that case i also think Tarpals will die- he is not in Padmés funeral with JarJar and Boss Nasso_O Much better to let GG to kill Tarpals than Panaka since Panaka as imperial moff is good idea....

Is that Ackbar for sure his nose looks bit odd...

19. jonas_jade

jonas_jade Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2005
    The Gungan vs Grevious was surely the best part of the preview... now I hope it's a not just a 15 second cutaway [face_laugh]

Anakin being captured by Dooku? it seems like it might a big sort of event, hopefully setting up their "last time" confrontation... although I suppose that depends how long the series goes....

20. Kualan

Dec 4, 2008
    Of course it may turn out to be that Gungan captain who appeared with Typho in Children of the Force and got namechecked for no apparent reason; given that it was such a tightly packed episode that moment always stood out to me as odd.

21. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Of course it's Ackbar. Put yourself in the shoes of the producers. They've seen that the OT characters are generally well-received and generate higher episode interest and therefore views/ratings. So if they were going to go back to Dac, why would they have him as just some random Mon Calamari? It makes no sense when they could pretty much guarantee better success by making him Ackbar.

Same goes for Tarpals. Why have him as just a random Gungan when you can bring back a pre-established (and I guess someone out there must love him) character? At the end of the day, it's basic stuff in the world of business. That's the best way to compete with other prime-time shows, by putting in stuff like this. Also you can see his moustache things.

22. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Could be Tarpals, since it certainly looks like him. The mask and pasty complexion seem to be his trademark look. [face_laugh]

What I'm interested in is (aside from Plo Koon) the Quarren aquatic invasion. The basic premise we seem to be getting is that it's a threat, and the 501st is sent to assist the Mon Cals. The ships that Jesse is taking cover from, as well as the ones fighting in the air and escaping the hangar, seem to be linked to the upcoming battle of Dac. Certainly looks promising!

23. Kualan

Dec 4, 2008
    I really hope they don't pander to the obvious and have him say "IT'S A TRAP!" though. It'd just be too easy.

I think the only reference to that I wouldn't mind would be if either:

A) A subordinate / one of the main cast say it, only for Ackbar to pull a Gar Stazi and reveal he has a counter-trap.
    B) The enemy commander says it after Ackbar tactically hands their buttocks to them on a plate.

EDIT: Or better yet...

C)
    Quarren A: Sir! The Republic is flanking us to the left!
    Quarren B: Mon Calamari swarming out of the canyon on our right!
    Quarren Leader: By the Gods, it's a...
    Quarren A: All defensive positions are being overrun!
    Quarren B: Your orders sir?!
    Quarren Leader: (too shocked to speak comprehensively) ...but...it can't be a...it's...
    Quarren A: Sir?! Your orders?!
    Quarren Leader: ...it's a...a...
    (Ackbar and the Mon Calamari Knights swarm the command post)
    Ackbar: (darkly) ...it's a trap.
    (Mon Calamari open fire; cue deep fried Quarren)

...okay that's not going to happen in a million years, but it'd be totally awesome if it did :cool:

24. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Yes, to have someone else say it instead of Ackbar in Ackbar episode would be great.
    Ackbar: This is... this is...
    Another Calamari: A trap?
    Ackbar: No, a victory.
    *Presses button, underwater volcano destroys the enemy. Door opens*
    Yarael Poof: They said I could get my calamari pizza from here...

25. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Ackbar: General Skywalker, you must hold your position! The enemy is baiting you!
    Anakin: Sorry, Admiral, but I've got squid to fry! (offs communication as the audience realises that he's heading into a trap)

Ackbar: So, with your reinforcements, we can turn the tables and take the enemy leaders in a counterattack.
    Ahsoka: A trap?
    Ackbar: Yes, I suppose you could call it that.

I wonder if they'll throw in a Robot Chicken reference, though. :p
    Rex: C'mon, lads! Time to smoke those squids!
    Ackbar: Oh yeah, well, why don't we smoke some insensitive @#$%?!