main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Season 4 Preview (SDCC News & Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Claws_Bane, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Lol. Wow, thats dark Swash.

I got tired of Suu although I like her shotgun, I like the color pink, and i like that shes kinda an old redneck biatch like me. I'm out of ideas so I figured I'd show some Deathwatch appreciation for a while. I'm not going to use an icon for Rex until season 4 comes on (gotta do the cheerleader thing) if I can settle on one I like. Totally off topic, what were we talking about again?

2. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Erm...

Choking Padme? o_O

Damn, Swash. That's dark.

3. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    It kinda hurts. I had a good friend who went by the username 'Padme' on forums who died of breast cancer earlier in the year. I always feel a bit terrible when I have to hate on Padme in these forums. But I think if she had watched TCW she would understand.

4. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    I also like PT Padme a lot. She's a brave woman out of her depth - a victim of her own naivete, unwilling to see the bad in either Palpatine or Anakin until it's too late.

However, TCW Padme is an industrial-strength irritant... so I can at least understand Swash's choice of icon.

5. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I feel that my hatred of TCW Padme is more justified when female LACWACers also hate her. [face_laugh]

Swash et al - as far as the Mortis episodes go, I don't think we'll necessarily be seeing those characters again, but we are going to see "Mortis-like" episodes, and explore what happened and what it means for the TCW characters. Whatever that means.

6. Loupgarou

Loupgarou Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 19, 2010
    I agree that i doubt we'll literally return to mortis. I just think that we'll see some more force-centric, perhaps ambiguously canonical, more symbolic episodes. There are plenty of things that could fit that description.

And it seems that there are just more and more Droid Commandos as the show goes on, so my avatar fits every season better than the last, ha.

7. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Inception music and Clone Wars?

I think YES

8. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    That's awesome. xD

I redubbed the trailer myself with some of the Guardians of Ga'hoole trailer but haven't uploaded it. Because 30 Seconds to Mars makes everything more epic.

9. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Yes it does :3

10. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    Apparently. I'd rather be a 'Mortis-gusher' then have the need to condemn it at every-single-opportunity. But I digress.

[image=http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lixwj0j6l01qbd6pg.gif]

11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Troll facing 30 Seconds To Mars? Blasphemy! =P

12. searth_99

searth_99 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 5, 2001
    *delurks*
    Woohoooooooooo! More battle Padme coming up! It's about time! Sorry Padme bashers, but I'm excited to see my girl in action!! TCW Padme rocks!

Yea for Season 4 premiere in Sept! Can't wait! Also, I see they might draw from the Slaves of the Republic comic storyline!nice! one of my favorites! I love angsty Anakin.

*dodges the flames and stones coming this way*
    hahahaaaaaa

13. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    It's okay, it definitely works with it but a little editing would of been better. Trailers work best when the music, dialogue(nothing cringe worthy) and lapses in music are done well.

14. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    Well played. =D=

15. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I always imagined you are like Suu- I didn't mean you would be pink or have headtails[face_laugh] but you know- that kind of person really.....
    PS. I let Padmé go -to show that I'm not like Anakin:p

That's sad but well... we can always see connections like that anyway- I have nothing against people who like Padmé and that was purely a joke to use that icon - no harm intended....

In fact those start to irritate me- as well as tacticals i wanna see army of trillion b1s and b2s with no commandos AT ALL... for once... commando droids are "weequays of droid army" and tacticals are like ithorians:p

Good for you pal[face_peace] - In fact you are the first person i've heard to say that....

What comes to Mortis I gonna hate it but "lovers gonna love"... it's good for you.... but i have right to say my opinion as well and every time I say something negative about it -you people have to start bashing me... please don't do that:( I try not to do same for you.... I don't want to hate people just because they don't like all the same things as I do....

16. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Coric, did you make that? That's pretty darn good. Of course, every trailer is better when it's been Inception-ized. :p

17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I don't know if that's really a good thing, lol.

No harm done.

18. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    :p Yes ma'am I did. I think I'll take SpecOps advice though and edit it some more.. I didn't even consider the voiced and maybe some timing things..

19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    TCW isn't airing September 2nd on CN so there's the one week drop.

20. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I just watched this. Here are my thoughts:

-First off, I like how they don't show anything new until about a minute into the trailer.
    -All those togrutas look like sprites from the average video game that came out in say, 2007-8-ish. Not good, in layman's terms. And dear God some of them look weird. I think I actually preferred the carbon copy aliens from S1-2 to this sudden overdone genetic diversity thing.
    -Anakin is going dark over slaves. Great. What was that one line Shepard says to Jack after blowing up the complex on Pragia? Something along the lines of, "You're not the only one with a past, Jack. Get over it." Well anyway I think someone needs to tell Anakin that, right to his stubborn, scowling face. And of course, it comes down to Snips to save the day.
    -I lol'd at the shot of Ahsoka on the turret. But it was one of those "so bad it's funny (but not in a good way)" laughs. Which has been happening a lot lately with TCW for me.
    -More corny dialogue. You can try to justify it as being throwbacks to cheesy 80s and 90s cartoons, but in this day and age, it's out of place. Do not want.
    -Animation, as I've said before, doesn't impress me any more. At this stage in the game if they hadn't got it all sorted and nearing perfection then something's wrong.
    -Ventress vs Grievous looks kinda gay. Pandering to my namesake.
    -Vizsla's new helmet makes him look like an elf.

I'm with GGNoRe; looks like they're running out of ideas fast.

21. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Watched the new trailer. Good to see the Death Watch again. Also, big impressive explosion.

22. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    ImNotAStarWarsFanboy, we know that you don't really feel that way about the trailer. You're just trying to be contrarian and promote controversy.

23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    You know, I'm not accusing Fanboy or anyone of this but I'm going to try to give the board some advice so we don't go through as many pains like in the other thread. If you feel like someone is trolling, flamebating, or post whoring (that's posting one liners just to increase post count). You should ignore them. If they are really, really trying to start something or you feel your being attacked then report it to a moderator. That's all I'm going to say.

It feels like Star Wars eve up in here.

24. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Actually no, that was my genuine reaction. I didn't even get the usual fanboy nerdgasm on the first viewing. Normally it's the 2nd or 3rd viewings that I get down to the nitty gritty but this one just didn't. Might have something to do with the fact that I watched it after reading through everybody else's impressions and the discussions.

I'm not going to get dragged down into another opinions debate. If I wasn't posting my first impressions so late, when battle lines had already been drawn in the sand and everybody had picked their sides in the fight, then this would likely not have happened. But know this: my post was not intended to incite or invoke such reactions. If you experienced anything of the such then the fault lies on your end, not mine.

25. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
    [image=http://i56.tinypic.com/xktxdd.jpg]