main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Season 5 [[(major spoilers & video clips!!!)]]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Coric, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Fixed that one for you.

That's true, but resurrecting dead characters and then exploring their stories isn't something everyone wants the show to focus on. If Dooku was actually an interesting and fleshed-out diplomat and strategist and his acolytes were shown there would be no need for the show to go to stupid lengths such as the Maul affair. One-dimensional Dooku is the show's greatest issue - what about the disillusioned visionary who was feed up with corruption and truly believed that the Jedi Order and the Republic were impediments to peace and order? That's the Dooku I want to see, a Dooku of connection to the Order and the Republic, not a generic and boring mustache swirling villain.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  2. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003

I agree as well. A good and present rivalry between a hero and a villain was one of the big things that were missing from the Prequels IMHO. For my money I think Maul is the best written character in TCW, and is a much deeper character now than he was in episode 1.

3. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Maul is just sidegag. The War arcs is where it's at with this show.

There is no turmoil or struggle. It is all phoned in cause Lucas wants to cash in on Maul.

4. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    No Maul arc should air first since the book is out. Airing it sooner rather then later is the smartest thing to do. :)

5. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    The book will be out but the show will be still with the droids arc so it does not matter.

6. Asharak

Apr 23, 2003
    Agree with you. It seems pretty stupid to publish the book more than a month before the last part of the arc is aired, if its ends up being 2-3 months before its aired Lucasfilm will seem extreemely moronic.

7. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    There's a significant struggle going on. Maul wants Obi-Want to suffer by making him first deal with the fact the man who murdered his master is still alive, and Obi-Wan failed to kill him, "Your master Qui-Gon Jinn, I gutted him as you stood helpless and watched, how did it that make you feel, Obi-Wan?", and for only the second time onscreen, we saw Obi-Wan give into his anger (the first time was during TPM, when Obi-Wan charged at Maul and got himself thrown down a pit), then, as we know by the spoilers
    Maul murders Satine, the woman Obi-Wan has loved since he was a Padawan, and would have left the Jedi Order for, RIGHT infront of him.
    Then you have Maul, Obi-Wan cut him in half, he doesn't just want vengeance for besting him in conflict, Maul wants vengeance for damning him to over 10 years of suffering as an insane, cyborg animal.

8. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    There's also Obi-Wan feeling he didn't properly avenge Qui-Gon, and he feels a burden to take out Maul himself.

9. Asharak

Apr 23, 2003
    Theres allso the fact that Maul is a Sith, and the Sith are the main villains of Star Wars and The clone wars. No way stories focusing on the Sith are ever unimportant, the fight against them is what this series is all about.

10. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    It'll be interesting to see how Maul will effect the over all story of The Clone Wars era after his big arc.

11. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    I think that after it is ended, the arc will not affect anything else from the war. It just does not feel like a story that has real meaning to anybody outside the Jedi order.

There is some struggle-ok but it is again a personal matter.

12. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    The Personal Is Political.

:D

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  13. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    A personal matter which turns into a much bigger struggle that affects a whole planet and that could have long-lasting effects for the Council of Neutral Systems (considering who the leader of that Council is and what is going to happen to said person...) which are fighting for the right to remain neutral in the clone wars...

AkashKedavra_93 and Seerow like this.
  14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Pretty much this, this is huge. The maul arc is likely going to have a big overall effect on The Clone Wars. Its the chaos effect. Maul goes and screws up Mandalore. Which is a world apparently already sick with as much corruption as anywhere else in the galaxy. Then your going to change the Council of Neutral systems which will move around various allegiances. I can also see where if Obi-wan gets caught on camera (so to speak) how Palplatine can probably get what happens to Mandalore to spin like its the Jedi's fault which would play into the whole Jedi conspired the Clone Wars thing in "Lightsaber Lost" and will likely rear its ugly head in the near future with visible public distrust of the Jedi.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  15. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    No, the personal is personal and the political is political.

Only in the Clovis arc is when your saying works. ;)

A council that nobody really cared about in the first place.

It would be a ripple effect but so far the only affected are going to be Mandalore and it's leader and the Jedi connected to Mandalore aka Obi-Wan - THAT is it. Nobody else cares cause it is a war and people have other problems.

Grievous is taking over planets, the CIS council leaders are causing trouble accross the galaxy, hundreds of "Riff Tamsons" or "Darts D'Nars" create chaos throughout the galaxy, most of the Jedi are dealing with the former mentioned issues AND Maul on the global galactic stage becomes just one tiny little thing that Lucas overblows out of proportion.
    I mean Maul in TCW is nothing like what Grievous was in ROTS.

16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    What running away?

17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Last I checked the fall of the Jedi was a pretty important plot point in ROTS and is one of those important things TCW can elaborate on. Why are the political types and even the populous of the Republic cool with the Jedi being wiped out? Public distrust of the Jedi is some sort of blow to the Republic in and of itself. Neutrality, pacifism, and corruption are also all major plot points in TCW. I'm sure there will be direct consequences that come out of the Maul arc that connect with ROTS much better than Grievous takes over Backwater Planet A. Clones and Jedi attack and fight over the planet. There is more to the Clone Wars than battle droids vs. clones.

18. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    And they have nothing to do with Maul. Maul has one purpose in TCW - piss off Obi. Maul is the original troll of SW.

These connect better with Grievous who has many times threatened innocent planets cause of the side they are on so yeah, Grievous attacking somebody is more important than Maul acting like a spoiled girl and trolling poor Kenobi,

By Grievous being more important I mean that his death triggers everything that goes wrong in ROTS. Maul is not even remembered...

19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    No, Maul's purpose is beyond just 'pissing off' Obi-wan. That alone is actually a pretty complex matter. Why do you think he would recruit a bunch of criminals and team up with Deathwatch? Because he wants an army. Do you really think it would take an army to kill Obi-wan? I like Obi-wan but I don't think he is that awesome.

20. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Again - to piss off Kenobi. An army to piss off Kenobi with. Why do you think it is a group that made trouble for Kenobi before or for a person he cares about!?

21. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Well Maul wants power, he wants him and Savage to rule the galaxy, so I'm guessing it's a coincidence that he ends up on Mandalore, or he finds out about Death Watch trying to rule the planet, plus it looks like Obi-Wan ends up working with one or more Mandalorians, because I saw him working with Bo-Katan, so Maul must betray them or something. And Maul knows that Obi-Wan will come to stop him, so it's a bit of both of what you guys are saying I think.

Seerow likes this.
  22. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    This. Sidious/Palpatine can use this against the Jedi by feeding the information to the Separatists who can then use it against the Jedi directly. They could even place the whole blame of Mandalore on Obi-Wan's shoulders. If this event has rippling effects that is felt throughout the war, they could go that route. They can use this event as a way to show how weak the Jedi have become, first targeting one particular Jedi and then expanding it so that it includes the whole Order. If one Jedi's actions can cause rippling effects then why trust any Jedi?

I doubt Maul has read up on Obi-Wan's recent history to find out who he has annoyed. I also doubt the Death Watch know anything about Maul prior to this arc and Obi-Wan's connection to him. I expect the common ground they share in being defeated by Kenobi is something that comes to light in this arc, and its an opportunity that fits in with Maul's grander plans. Yes, Maul wants revenge on Obi-Wan, but he also has other plans. It's not all about killing the man that defeated him. If he can make Obi-Wan suffer along the way and an opportunity arises, he will take it, but Maul has more things in mind then just revenge.

Seerow likes this.
  23. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    I think he knows that won't happen. If Obi-Wan beat him, Maul has no chance to win against Sidious.

Separatists do not need Sidious.

24. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    That's what you think

25. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    There would be no separatists without Sidious and Dooku.

hlc88 and Darth Vader like this.