main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Season 5 [[(major spoilers & video clips!!!)]]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Coric, Sep 2, 2012.

1. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Savage from day 1 was intended to be Maul's lacky.

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Which is pathetic because they could have done more with him than that.

He could have been in a constant rage against the Jedi for killing his brother and be so dead-set on revenge that he'll join literally anyone willing to fight them.

3. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Oh don't get me started. This is why I love Randy. One of the reasons anyway. He had such potential. But stupid ****ing Katie Lucas squandered him and made him everyone's bitch.

4. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    What planet was Clovis senator?

5. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Scipio....

6. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    ok, i was thinking Cato Neimoidia and has a huge revelation about cato neimoidia in the Ahsoka arc having something to do with Clovis

7. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    This. I was hoping there would be more insight into his mind. I mean, there has to be some conflict between the man he used to be and the monster he is now. Now, it looks like he's going to be a mindless sidekick until he dies.

8. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    They set up the character like he was some tragic victim. An individual that is looking after his weaker brother, to get him through the trials alive. Then he is turned into a monster and forced to kill his brother mercilessly. He is then abused by both Asajj and Dooku, and finally seems to come to his senses in the confrontation with them, breaking free of Asajj's control. He then goes back to Talzin to ask for help in protecting himself against Asajj, Dooku and the Jedi. She tells him to seek Maul out.

He had clearly defined enemies and had suffered tragedy. The door was wide open for development, but instead of learning how to protect himself from any of the three established enemies (Dooku, Asajj and the Jedi), he instead just becomes a lackey that is going to help Maul take over the Galaxy... why? Where did that ambition come from? It had nothing to do with his development in the Nightsisters arc where he was victimized and wanted protection. Now he just went back to being a monster and is in no way better off than had he just remained with Dooku or Asajj. But hey, it's his BROTHER!!!111!!1!!!

I hated the idea of Savage as a stupid stand-in for Maul, and thought the spoilers regarding the Nightsisters sounded like bad fanfiction (Maul's face in a crystal ball? [face_sick]). But then I saw Nightsisters and liked the character. I thought he had potential and I thought the obvious course of action would be that Maul would be in hiding, horrified of facing the consequences for his failure, and that he would train Savage, but make the same mistakes Dooku and Asajj made, provoking Savage's anger and getting himself killed. And then Savage would re-enter the picture and face Asajj and Dooku and the Jedi and become a major player.

Instead he's just a lackey. They threw his development out the window in favor of Maul. And apparently there are no real consequences to being cut in half and going insane for 10 years that a convenient plot device like magic can't fix. Maul just kind of jumps right back into the swing of things with no real concern being given to how the galaxy has changed in 10 years. And Savage goes from a powerful monster that can overpower Dooku, Anakin, Asajj and Obi-Wan when provoked to rage to...? The thought seemed like it was going to be that Maul would teach him to focus his rage and power... but no... Maul remains stronger and, if anything, Savage seems weaker than he was...

The execution of the Maul episodes have been extremely well done IMO. But when I think of all the missed opportunities and how they just may as well have swept the Nightsisters arc under the rug, it's just soooo stupid. There's nothing Maul is doing that they could not have used Savage for.

It could have been that Vizsla takes Savage under his protection in an effort to use him, only for Savage to become progressively smarter and learn how to outplay those that would control him.

9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Savage didn't say Brother in the new episode :p

10. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Well he only said about twenty words as it is.

11. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    yea

12. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    So it's confirmed that there's only 20 episodes this season?

13. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    yep

14. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Wow. So I guess that really messes up the scheduling thing (seeing as they make, what, 24 episodes a season and we normally only see 22)?

15. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    So we got two clips from Season 6 and part of Season 6 in the trailer and is it March 1 or March 2?

16. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I really liked Savage myself when he was first introduced. He had alot of potential as a really tragic character. He may have looked 'savage' but certainly didn't seem like it when he was going all out to protect his brother Feral during Ventress's selection trials. Its incredible sad that Savage ends up under a spell that turns him mindless and kills his brother. I've wonder if he's ever even woken up from that spell, thus he is always a mindless monster easily controlled by a master whether its Ventress, Talzin, or Maul. He smashes stuff and kills peoples. That's it. Its hard to tell if Maul cares about him. He'll probably go out that way. I'm hoping TCW will pull an Envy and he'll meet his end sympathetically. However there was alot more potential there and it sucks it got pushed aside so Maul can take center stage.

fistofan1 and The Shadow Emperor like this.
  17. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    yea, the clips from S6 is the Clovis Arc and March 3 is the Season Finale in the US and, March 2 for the Season Finale in Canada

18. Zabrak 2

Sep 7, 2012
    A Sunday Heck No.

19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    You got a source for March 3rd?

20. Zabrak 2

Sep 7, 2012
    No Darth Vader said it was March 3rd for US.
    and they put Rex on the who will fall list.

21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    LOL, Ahsoka is on that list as well. =X

22. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    March seems pretty damn early for a season finale.

23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I may be in flat out denial but I'm going to wait and see. I want something official. If I recall correctly the Ahsoka arc was the last one was info off twitter from like Brent Friedman or something like that. I want Dave freaking Filoni's word of god on what the hell is going on with the schedule.

24. Zabrak 2

Sep 7, 2012
    I DONT WANT CLOVIS IN SEASON 6 CN!

25. Zabrak 2

Sep 7, 2012
    I WANTED THIS
    1. A War On Two Fronts
    2. Front Runners
    3. The Soft War
    4. Tipping Points