main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Season 5 [[(major spoilers & video clips!!!)]]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Coric, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    I'm very much looking forward to Season Five. I saw the first episode at CVI, and they played the trailer after the episode ran. The Clone Wars press conference was amazing, they gave us almost an hour of information. Dave said there will be a lot of four-part arcs this season. I'd honestly prefer them keep them to three, but I'm sure it will still work. What do people think about the new day and time? I liked it on Friday nights, it gave me something to look forward to after a long week. Those of you worried about the violence being toned down because of the new time need not worry if the first episode of the season is any indication of what's in store.

Seerow likes this.
  2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm not really worried about the violence being tone down seeing how Thundercats 2011 can get right up there with TCW in terms of violence. I'm gonna miss not having TCW on Friday nights because that's my roughest night at work and I know my boss loves to try and ruin my weekend right toward the end of the night. TCW waiting on my DVR on Fridays was always like a silver lining. Now it will be a Sunday morning thing for me most likely. Its not just TCW the whole block was moved to Saturday morning which disappointed me. But CN thinks their bread is going to come from comedy right now so that's just the way it is and there will be casualties just like when Toonami was moved to Saturday evenings way back when.

Darth-Dogfish-Head likes this.
  3. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    Hi everyone!

I'm a long time lurker on here and I thought seen as the new board is up and running I'd get involved a little!

Gotta say from the looks of the trailer I'm REALLY looking forwards to season 5! The Sidious vs Maul/Savage looks amazing from the tiny glimpse that we get! Wonder when that particular arc will be aired?!

4. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Aug 5, 2004
    Dave Filoni mentioned that the whole block had moved, but TCW is the only show I watch on that channel. I share your feelings about TCW being the silver lining on the DVR Friday nights.

Seerow likes this.
  5. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Darth Beatle

darth_mccartney and GGrievous like this.
  6. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Ewan McGregor?

7. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I'm still hoping that eventually (if not in Season 5) that they connect each arc better. Across the films there are threads connecting each, so that even though they may take place years apart the plots at least lead from one to another on some level.

In TCW there is just a hodgepodge of stories that really don't build upon each other in any way. Droid adventures in Space Oz followed by Umbara. They have nothing to do with each other. I wish I could go back to Season 1 and track how things have evolved to Season 5. But come Season 2 there's just a random mixing of arbitrary homages. The CIS is supposed to be the major threat, but so far as I can tell, the most danger Coruscant has yet faced is during a Godzilla homage that has nothing to do with the CIS.

I seem to be one of the few that thoroughly enjoyed Mortis. But for all the talk by Filoni and Witwer about how major that was and how Anakin has learned things about himself and what not, that was never followed up in any sense of the word. He began that arc believing the Chosen One to be a myth. And the Father is trying to show him that it's real, that Anakin is the Chosen One, and that Anakin can bring balance to the Force in the temporal world though he needs to let go of his guilt. Yet since then he's just not done any of that. Instead we see him angry at the Jedi, having anger issues over slavery, having attachment issues in the S3 finale, and all around demonstrating that the Father did not get through to him.

Still waiting on that Mortis follow up.

8. darth_mccartney

Jul 3, 2008
    Exactly! Two of the greatest things ever together in one username! :D

Robimus likes this.
  9. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007

I'm sure thats where the idea came from.

10. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    It's TCW, so I wouldn't doubt it. I know they named a planet after Ray Park...

Soon everyone would go to a settlement called Neeson City.

laloga likes this.
  11. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Aug 5, 2004
    One piece I really liked, and hope will be expanded upon this season, is from the episodes with Tarkin and Even Piell. There were two pieces of code for the hyperspace routes that went directly to Coruscant. When I saw that I assumed that must be the tie in to the beginning of ROTS when they had kidnapped the Chancellor. I actually got me pretty excited to think we were so close to the end.

Another thing I remembered from TCW press conference at CVI...Dave Filoni is going to use Mark Hamill as a voice actor, but is waiting for a really good part, he said he thought he's had it a few times, but held off. My video footage from the press conference should be up on Wattographs soon, but if you can't wait other media outlets have already published it. I was extremely happy with the responses I received from the two questions I asked.

12. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    LOE expanded on the route that Grievous used as well, as did the micro series.

13. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I tend to blame the moving of the block with Thundercat 2011's troubles. With any luck Jason DeMarco will save the day on that one. TCW can likely overcome the same issues though with a much larger fanbase and better appeal to kids.

I feel like from the way the events in the trailer look and from how we're picking up so quickly with Maul and Deathwatch after season 4 and yet how it seems he may be in more than one arc there is a possibility TCW will get more linear. I like the snap shot thing but would like to see more of this and more of the plot strings moving forward.

14. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    IIRC, an episode is coming down the line which will have a Moebius-motif. Using dream-like visuals, it may be a story to "resolve" Mortis, considering how psychological Mortis was. About the Zillo beast, don't forget the Republic's electro-proton bomb...

The Nexus Route would be nice to revisit. When he returns, I hope Tarkin is the guy to start the downward slide of the Republic military. Personally, I thought the Republic would use the NR to attack Raxus with an electro-proton bomb or a precursor to the Death Star cannon. Also, I thought the dispute over the NR being shared between the Jedi council and the Chancellor would be developed. Fingers crossed!

Does anybody remember Filoni's hint about Tuskens appearing? I soooooooo want Anakin and Obi-Wan to visit the homestead - IN THE TWILIGHT, OF COURSE! :)

15. Darth_Vemonis

Darth_Vemonis Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 10, 2010
    If Maul and Savage survive the duel with Sidious, I'm done with the series.

16. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    One definitely won't. Sideous isn't messing around if he's taking care of the situation personally instead of sending a bunch of bounty hunters, Grievous or even Dooku himself.

17. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I was thinking the same thing when I saw that episode. Though, if only the Chancellor knew the coordinates and the seps used them, I'd think that would raise some suspicion.

That would be cool to have Mark Hamill in TCW.

18. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Sidious hit Maul with force lightning at the end of the trailer, I can't see how he'd make it out of that, especially if he lost his lightsaber prior to that. (Which it appears he did) If nothing else, Savage has to go down.

19. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Aren't there droids that map out these hyperspace routes as well as navigational computers? I don't see how Even Piell just conveniently stumbled upon the route or what would prevent someone from re-discovering, re-plotting a new route. Plus, if the Republic knows the route, then should they not be setting up armaments on their portion of it?

I would hope that they use the Nexus Route in some capacity during the lead up to ROTS. Even if it's simply used in a capacity similar to how the allies mislead the Nazis as to where an imminent invasion would be occurring.

E.G. Palpatine has the coordinates, he builds up Republic defenses along the Nexus route to defend from a massive CIS invasion which is believed to be imminent. However a much smaller force attacks than is expected and it is discovered that Dooku and Grievous slip to Coruscant through another backdoor hyperspace route that allows them to snatch Palpatine, or something like that.

20. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Why did the separatists need to capture Even? I guess it is easier to capture Even than try to rediscover the coordinates. So yeah, I guess that wouldn't raise suspicion after all. And given how fast things move after the Battle over Coruscant, the Jedi probably didn't even have time to think about it.

I need to go back and re-read LOE and the ROTS novel, but I think Palpatine also had most of the fleet, including a lot of the ships meant to protect Coruscant, participating in the Outer Rim Sieges. Maybe a combination of the two?

21. darth_mccartney

Jul 3, 2008
    I can't see Sidious losing. He is badass!

Maul and Savage are going doooown! :)

22. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I think the Death Watch arc is later on in the season but is still linked to Revival so its classed as a 'four-parter'.

Apart from that it has been confirmed that Maul is in more then four episodes this season.
    And we know that the Sidious/Maul/Savage fight is at the end of the first Maul arc which lasts 4 episodes so he at least has to survive.

23. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    I keep forgetting about the sieges. But the Citadel arc left things open regarding the coordinates didn't it? I thought Even told Ahsoka to tell the coordinates to nobody outside of the Jedi Council, whereas Tarkin apparently told Palpatine. Given her trust of Anakin, Ahsoka could maybe tell Anakin who tells Palpatine. Though with the coordinates now divided between Jedi and Palpatine, I don't recall that coming to any kind of conclusion, though I don't know why the Jedi would refuse to tell Palpatine.

I would think that with the complete coordinates the Republic would reinforce their side of the route and then go on the offensive, since the route is just as much to the advantage of the Republic as it is to the Separatists.

Then perhaps the CIS drives them back but learns the coordinates from a captured ship? Or the Nexus route could be used by the Republic as part of the Outer Rim Sieges that in turn allow Dooku and Grievous to slip in through an alternate route? Or if Dooku is aware that Ahsoka knows half the code, then he could have her captured, get it out of her, receive the other half in secret from Sidious, but if Ahsoka is the only confirmed leak she would still take the major portion of the blame, make the Jedi look bad, and be a distraction from Dooku's other unconfirmed source.

Dunno.

24. atouchofanarchy

atouchofanarchy Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 13, 2011
    I know that Maul is apparently supposed to be in more than four episodes this season, but I honestly cannot see how they are going to fit it in. I honestly think we may know almost every arc in this season.

This is guess of the arcs:
    • 4 (confirmed) part Maul arc
    • 3/4 Arc Onderon (I'm guessing 4 if Revival wasn't a renamed War on Two Fronts and was instead just moved)
    • 3 Clovis
    • 4 Droid arc (confirmed)
    • 4 part Young Jedi
    • 2/3 (guessing)Attack on Jedi Temple/1313
    If you go with the highest numbers of the episodes, you get the full season. The only way I can see another story arc we do not know about is Young Jedi is not being shown, but apparently the Grevious hangar battle in the first Season Five trailer is from that arc...

25. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    What is that, some sort of recipe? I can get 3 cloves but I don't know what 4 parts of young Jedi you want.