main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Season 5 [[(major spoilers & video clips!!!)]]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Coric, Sep 2, 2012.

1. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Not just that but potential development between Padme/Anakin, Commander Thorn and actual Clone War battles seem to be taking place in this arc. It was just the known as the "Clovis arc" because we knew Clovis was in it. We know almost nothing else about it besides what I said.

2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Cause in the trailer we see Anakin kicking Clovis's ass

3. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Onderon - just terrible, full of cliches and nauseating romance.
    Young Jedi - not bad, but didn't really interest me. Ahsoka was also annoying in this too.
    Droids - absolutely abysmal, truly very poor. No redeeming features.
    Mauldalore -a brilliantly executed poor idea.
    Ahsoka arc - first two instalments quite good; shaping up to be very nice.

There was nothing about Onderon that was "above average", sorry to disagree AkashKedavra_93.

4. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Now we know Thorn doesn't die when he's surrounded by droids on Cato Neimoidia since the Clovis arc was suppose to be before the Ahsoka one.

Edit Eer, wait, I got him mixed up with Fox. [face_laugh]

5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Call me in the minority as well. I love Void and liked "Missing in Action". I was actually amused by the first episode of the Droid arc though it helps I like campy cartoons. However the fourth part brought home the waste of time it was with the encryption module being a MacGuffin. R2 disarming the bomb and getting blown to hell. Even with the presence of Anakin and Obi-wan which made it blatantly obvious the Separatist plan was going to fail. The best parts were the Roomba droid and the explosion.

QuangoFett likes this.
  6. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    JackG: No apologies needed. We all have differing opinions.

7. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I liked this season:p seriously there have been few letdowns but I've enjoyed from the most of the episodes.
    Revival was a good episode.
    Onderon was good except that it was too long and politically confusing.
    Young jedi surprised by being a very nice arc but also could've been done in 3 episodes if that whole "find your crystal"-thing would've been shorter .
    Droids-arc was funny but too long as well
    Mauldalore was a great arc but too short and bit too fastpaced
    Ahsoka arc started bit slowly but is getting better there was also first episode that could' ve been edited down to 3 episodes

This is actually pretty much my favorite season by far but too bad it has less episodes...
    If Onderon, Young jedi, Ahsoka and droids-arc would've been trilogies and there would've been 4 Mauldalore-episodes and Clovis 4 parter would't have been edited away it would've been a good season indeed.

8. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    You confused Fox for the Mighty Thorn?!

:eek:

Have at thee machine!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    /jk

Even with Mauldalore and the Ahsoka finale arc, Season 5 feels very sparse without the Clovis arc. There has been no Padme this season, and while she gets a bad rep on this forum, the Clovis arc looked like it would have done her some good. It would have also been a suitable return to Republic/CIS politicking. Having an entire season composed of four-part arcs does make it seem shorter than it really is. On top of that, it actually is severely truncated. I think Shadow Warrior was much worse than even Secret Weapons and that the Mon Calamari arc was far more tedious than the Onderon arc even at the latter's lowest point, but even so, S4 never felt like it dragged on as much as S5 has at times.

S5 has some impeccable content, stuff which exceeds most of S4 by far, but it's less well-structured overall.

Barriss_Coffee and Embomania like this.
  9. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    So I'm guessing no Thorn this arc either. Shame.

10. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    So as I said in Lit, I 'just' secured my Ticket to SDCC. Going to the Clone Wars panel is now my highest priority. (I swear if Dave and co don't appear this year or something crazy, I will kill someone)

Expect me to inquire on when we'll see Oppo Rancisis, Sly Moore, San Hill, and the other Jedi Council members like Strass, Agen, and Coleman Kcaj. I want at least a partial answer on these missing movie characters. Maybe Quinlan Vos too. Not sure if I'll have time to ask about other Separatist council members, but who knows. Maybe I can coordinate with someone else and they can ask.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  11. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Inquire if there will be a Season 6.

12. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    not sure if serious.....

13. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I'm quite serious! The Clone Wars action figure line suddenly got cancelled. Disney has already made it clear they want all efforts focused entirely on Episode VII. It's a new Empire.

14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Man, I hope we get a little word on season 6 before late July. =/

15. HEDGESMFG

Nov 20, 2010
    Trust me, the thing I'm most nervous about is getting tickets, room and plane all paid, only to realize that there WILL be no Clone Wars panel this year due to the Disney fiasco. (Not that SDCC doesn't have other exciting things) That would drive me mad.

But I plan on being there front and center when word of s6 finally comes to light. I suspect we're all just being a tad paranoid here. We'll know something by Celebration II time at the latest, if not Star Wars weekend, and if not after the finale.

16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Well, I'll be doing Star Wars Weekend at Disney World this year. I doubt I'll get to ask any questions but hopefully I'll find some stuff out and get to see a season 6 trailer.

17. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    I couldn't see any reason not to do season 6, unless like Dave and crew are going to be working on episode VII....

Before the show ends I would like an entire season devoted to events during ROTS and another entire season devoted to Order 66 and the Jedi who are running from the Empire... Just do good stuff like that and get rid of the silly love triangles and talking frogs.

And that's the main "problem" with TCW IMO. It tries to target every audience then falls on its face sometimes. Just give me Star Wars.

18. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    Season 6 will be awesome.
    Clovis
    Maul
    Eeeth Koth death probably
    Cad Bane
    Boba Fett cause he is always in even seasons : Season 2 , Season 4
    What happened to Mandalore
    Talzin
    What Sidious does to Maul
    New Palpatine voice

19. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    [​IMG]

Zabrak 2 likes this.
  20. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    Hopefully it will also have the return of Aurra Sing. :cool:

Zabrak 2 likes this.
  21. HEDGESMFG

Nov 20, 2010
    Also...

Sandtroopers, Tattooine, and Tuskin Raiders... from the hints we've been given in DVD/BD extras.

Zabrak 2 and fistofan1 like this.
  22. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Hopefully we'll see another episode like A Sunny Day in the Void(best episode of the series) in Season 6.

rumblewagon likes this.
  23. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    [​IMG]

:p

24. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    I'm Scared.

Lord Optimus likes this.
  25. Deputy Rick Grimes