main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Season 5 [[(major spoilers & video clips!!!)]]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Coric, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I was never really a fan of Tarkin in A New Hope but his appearances in TCW has changed my mind :)

cwustudent and rumblewagon like this.
  2. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Maybe when the entire episode airs, some of these plot holes will be plugged, and we'll see exactly why Tarkin comes to the conclusions he does as well as the Jedi's true attitude. TBH, I wouldn't put it past Tarkin to make his own conclusions based on circumstantial evidence and report it as fact. He seems like an "It isn't a lie if you believe it" kind of guy as it is.

Plus, we've seen Anakin try to give Admiral Kilian a direct order, so I would imagine in normal circumstances, a standard Jedi general outranks a navy admiral.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  3. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Me, too, friend! The same with other characters, too. Boba, Maul, Anakin, and Obi-Wan in particular.

Darth Vader likes this.
  4. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I do love the irony of somone with a female Boba Fett sig, from a planetfull of Boba Fetts on a show named after the war of Boba Fetts talking about overuse ;)

5. Kotre

Kotre Jedi Youngling

Feb 18, 2013
    It's also how courts in the real world work. You sue someone and a judge will decide based on a balance of probabilities who's at fault and assigns the punishment (essentially, he looks at the evidence, decides who's more likely to be telling the truth and set the punishment). In a criminal court the same thing happens, only the jury has to decide whether beyond all reasonable doubt the person accused is guilty.

And what evidence does Ahsoka have? Right now, just her word that she's telling the truth. Tarkin's got his word that she isn't, along with corpses and videos. He is more credible at this time.

KED12345 likes this.
  6. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    "The evidence points to padawan Tano being guilty of the attack on the temple and the murder of the republic officers"

Maybe Letta did give a statement that there was a "Jedi" involved with her plan, though I got the impression she was pretty scared and Ashoka was the only person she revealed that to.

Thousands of Jedi out there but Letta saying a Jedi was involved with her plans immediately makes Ashoka guilty I guess, sounds like more assumptions being regarded as facts and evidence.

7. earlchinna

earlchinna Jedi Master star 2

Mar 17, 2004
    where is my preview #2 ?!! =P~

BlenderWars likes this.
  8. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    The OS usually puts the episode guild and new clips up later tonight.

9. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Why not look at the security cameras of her walking up to the already downed clones? Doesn't that prove she didn't do it?

10. earlchinna

earlchinna Jedi Master star 2

Mar 17, 2004
    that proves they want her guilty I guess

11. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Or perhaps its been altered, sliced together to make it look like she's the killer or the footage has been wiped which would prove to them that she's guilty.

12. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I think this might be the craziest couple of posts I've ever read in my entire history on this forum. :p

[​IMG]

13. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    It's not that I think they should be able to immediately know Tarkin is not telling the truth and immediately come to the conclusion that Ahsoka must be innocent. But I would like to think that between twelve beings reputed be among the wisest in all the galaxy, someone would have at least poked at the logical holes in the story being presented to them. When there are logical inconsistencies, further investigation is warranted rather than blindly acquiescing to a man whose opinions are known to be biased against your order. Hopefully when we have the context of the actual episode, instead of merely a two-minute clip, these issues will be addressed.

Bo-Katan is not a female Boba Fett. The Mandalorians are not Boba Fetts, female or otherwise. Boba Fett is Boba Fett, and drawing comparisons between other characters for no other reason than they wear the same armor and are from the same culture is inherently flawed. By that logic, Mace Windu is a black Obi-Wan, Kit Fisto is an alien Obi-Wan, Bultar Swan is a female Obi-Wan, all from a Temple full of Obi-Wans—just because Obi-Wan was the first Jedi we were introduced to.

14. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    There is no indication that the Jedi Council has access to the security footage; "the beliefs of the Jedi Council are irrelevant". But just because they haven't seen the footage themselves doesn't mean they should question the truth of the matter; it's the Republic telling them this, why would the Republic lie?

If this is a military-governed operation - and it is - then the Jedi are likely going to find a brick wall of "You don't need to see the evidence, this is our investigation".

Now, some might argue this should be enough to make them suspicious, but think about it objectively;

- Tarkin refusing to let them examine the evidence themselves is consistent with his politics. He is a hardliner who believes in the dissolution of Jedi involvement in state affairs. The Council would expect this from him, they've got his number. He's their ally, but he's not their friend.
    - The Jedi have had to face such hardliners throughout their history, and the vast majority are just that - men and women who vocalise their disapproval of the Jedi with whatever political clout they have. And that includes limiting what the Jedi can do, such as limiting access to an investigation. There isn't an established pattern of "anyone in the Republic who doesn't like the Jedi's authority is engaging in illegal terrorist acts to dismantle us".
    - Occam's Razor; the most obvious conclusion is that Ahsoka is guilty - regardless of whether or not it is actually true, it is the most obvious conclusion. If the Jedi start refusing to believe what their allies are telling them simply because it is the obvious conclusion, they become a bunch of conspiracy theory nutters locked up in their ivory tower.
    - People keep saying the Council should know more because they're the wisest beings in the galaxy; in the current situation, they are taking the wisest course of action. Overruling Tarkin's Senate-mandated authority would only serve to give the Jedi naysayers a lot more (credible) ammo to fire at them. "They don't respect the Senate's authority!", "They refuse to let their own members face justice for their crimes!", "The Jedi support clone-killers!" etc. And in a time of war and strife, such things are just a snowball's throw away from being labelled treason and enemies of the state (sound familiar?).

15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    If Ahsoka appears in the Clovis Arc but dies in this Arc, then Filoni will have some explaining to do (doubt Ahsoka dies tho )

BlenderWars likes this.
  16. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    My guess is that Ahsoka will be vindicated in the end and the culprit caught, judging by the fact that the episode "The Wrong Jedi" is based off of "The Wrong Man". In "The Wrong Man", the main character is accused of a crime he didn't do and then later, when the real perpetrator of the crime is caught, he's released from trial. In the trailer for the arc, Ahsoka is seen in a room surrounded by Jedi Masters, as if on trial. This scene hasn't been shown yet. The scene will probably take place during "The Wrong Jedi."

So there's still a chance for her to live. A big one, since "The Wrong Jedi" is suppose to be based off of "The Wrong Man." And if Ahsoka is found not guilty in the end, she could very well have a negative view of the Council from then on for mindlessly accusing her for bombing the temple or perhaps she becomes a Jedi Knight for evading the Republic military and the Jedi as much as she did up until she's caught again. Perhaps she develops distrust with other people because she was distrusted by the Council, thus edging her close to the dark side. These are paths that the series could take after this arc is over.

Seerow and rumblewagon like this.
  17. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    For all we know, the Clovis arc may have been the one that was chosen to be pushed back to Season 6 specificially because it didn't feature Ahsoka (or did so in such small amounts that they could edit her out), as the focus does seem to be mainly Anakin-Padme-Clovis.

18. Kotre

Kotre Jedi Youngling

Feb 18, 2013
    This is a series where there are season 3 episodes that take place chronologically before season 1 episodes. There'll be some explaining in a "Chronicling the Clone Wars" blog post but that's it.

19. BlenderWars

BlenderWars Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 20, 2013
    Is the second trailer out yet?

20. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    I keep looking on YouTube and haven't found it yet, Seerow says it should be out later tonight.

21. BlenderWars

BlenderWars Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 20, 2013
    Cool, thank you.

I will be pleased and also relieved when this whol arc is over. Its realy very thrilling. Things happen surprisingly. There is everything possible in the next two episodes.

22. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    Is there a pattern/regularity to when trailers come out?

Bo-Katan likes this.
  23. CloneWarsRescored

CloneWarsRescored Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    They usually come out on Wednesday afternoon with the episode guide. :)

I remember seeing an episode synopsis for this week's episode posted a while back, and it listed that '...the real culprit behind the crime, walks away unnoticed." So we might actually find out who it is this week.

24. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Not yet

25. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    ... So much for the Wednesday afternoon release [face_waiting]