main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Season 6/ Bonus Material Discussion (Spoiler Free)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by InterestingLurker, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the-jedi-prince

the-jedi-prince Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2011
    i think they recalled all the saga dvds just before the blu ray release back in the day

2. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    This is so much more fitting:
    [​IMG]

3. Darth_Quintonis

Darth_Quintonis Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 31, 2013
    I did ask, at the risk of looking like a SW crazy, and the guy I spoke to was just as surprised as I was that they had absolutely zero TCW box sets. Yet, he told me he had been off work for a few days, so he had no idea what was going on. :oops: Meh ...

That Walmart display is absolutely crazy though! I'll be poking around tomorrow to see if there's anything like that in my area.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  4. Darth_Quintonis

Mar 31, 2013
    Update: My Walmart does not have that display, they recently did re-stock ... get this ... Season One on blu-ray ... that was the only season they had. It was not repackaged, yet it was in the same area as all the other Disney stuff now. Make of this what you will.

5. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I was in Wal-Mart the other day and for the first time since I've been watching the show they didn't have any TCW DVD's at all.

6. DookuIsTyranus

DookuIsTyranus Jedi Master star 2

Jan 27, 2001
    Yeah, I haven't seen any in my Wal-Mart either. I may have to go by my Target or Best Buy and see if they have any. I did find a page to watch them online in the meantime.

7. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I'll have to check around when I'm out tomorrow. The disappearance of the TCW DVD's and Blu Ray's is making me uneasy about whether Season 5 will be released or not.

EDIT: I just checked the local Best Buys, they do not have any TCW Blu Rays or DVDs in stock.

8. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Well damn, thought you all were being crazy, checked bestbuy.com's stock for seasons 3 & 4 blu-ray and it is unavailable everywhere.

Still on Amazon though.

9. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I still regularly see all 4 season sets in stores around here, just last weekend I saw them at Sam's. I'll check a few stores around here tomorrow. Maybe its just a trick of the mind with everything that's happened I've been seeing even more TCW merchandise than normal. A while back when I wrote my letters the only small things I found to easily pack in the envelopes were the wrist bands I posted a pic of. While its nothing major I've seen lots more little things like plates, glasses, posters, pens/pencils, party stuff, bedding, and I saw Easter stuff. Hell, even the stickers are better; when I got them for my letters I only found one set that was being sold. Now Target has a good choice of stickers sets.

10. Darth_Quintonis

Mar 31, 2013
    My Best Buy only had Season 4, only on DVD. Target literally had Seasons 1-4 just last week, and this week, nothing at all. As I said, Walmart, had only Season 1 on blu-ray, which I thought was strange. To me it reeks of stores only putting out whatever back-stock they have left over, or pulling it completely. I'm sure if distribution had changed from WB to Disney, Disney can't recall the WB distributed copies, as they were sold wholesale when WB had the rights. Once all those copies are depleted from retail chains, we might see TCW Season sets with a Disney copyright reissued, yet I think it would be more likely for them to release a box set of the whole enchilada, including the "bonus" arcs, and probably later in the year when Season 5 comes out. But who knows? I just hope it doesn't get completely put on the back-burner. [face_thinking]

11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    What does Disney do with DVDs of Disney Channel shows?

I can't imagine that they'd pull box sets that are selling. Pretty sure the nearest Target to my house, hasn't had TCW DVDs in awhile, but I order from Amazon so I don't care. Not sure about Wal-Mart, I never set foot in there by choice.

12. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I'm more interested in Matt Michnovetz's arc than the Boba Fett/Cad Bane arc.

13. DookuIsTyranus

DookuIsTyranus Jedi Master star 2

Jan 27, 2001
    I checked on the Toys R Us website, they show that at least the movie MIGHT be in my local store... o_O

As for the other ones, the stores offer shipping to the local ones, of course it takes 5 to 10 business days...

InterestingLurker, is the story arc you are referring to the one in the starwars.com Dave Filoni clip, the one where the clone's mind programming is glitched and he thinks Order 66 is supposed to be happening?

14. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Being in the UK I don't usually see much TCW around... but the other day I saw TCW toys and DVDs in my local Sainsbury's - granted it was the volume releases and not complete seasons but that's the first time I've ever seen any TCW stuff. Granted, my local stores have never sold the complete seasons so I've always had to buy online...

15. the-jedi-prince

the-jedi-prince Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2011
    i bought my season 4 blu ray off sainsburys direct for around £35 inc delivery on release and the indie set aswell

16. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    The distribution rights would not change unless Disney had bought them from WB which is possible. That could explain discs being removed from the shelf, otherwise it would be business as usual for WB with Clone Wars discs.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Disney tends to put its own DVDs in the vault after a while.

18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I always laugh at the "back in the Disney vault forever!" line after which they wait a few years and re-release them.

I know they do that for the movies, but do they also do it for shows? It's been a few years since I bought these for my kids but I used to be able to find Little Einsteins and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse DVDs on the shelves or online.

19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    There are plenty of Disney shows in that vault that will likely never again see the light of day. Disney Afternoon shows like Talespin, ,Ducktales, and Rescue Rangers come time mind after their failed DVD releases thanks to lack of promotion.

20. Darth_Quintonis

Mar 31, 2013
    Which is complete poo-doo because I would own every season of Ducktales if they released them on blu-ray. [face_plain]

Seerow likes this.
  21. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Its criminal Gargoyles wasn't finished, drives me nuts!

I really hope TCW isn't being taken of the shelves because I haven't got any of the seasons yet! Although just yesterday I saw Season 3 and 4 at Target on both Blu-Ray and DVD.

Seerow likes this.
  22. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    I own all 4 blu ray sets. They're wonderful releases.

If I don't get season five, my rage over this whole ordeal will increase.

TreborSabreon and Darkslayer like this.
  23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Yeah it sucks what they did to Gargoyles. Nevermind that the SLG Comics did well its the god damn lack of DVD sales that Marvel sites when Weisman pushes them for a comic. And its Disney's fault the sets sold so poorly for failing the promote them. By contrast Nickelodeon has started releasing the old Nicktoon like Rocko's Modern Life on DVD sets and they are selling well, likely thanks to being promoted during The Ns old school block at midnight.

Amazon should have the TCW for a long time even if the big boxes pull the sets off the shelves. They normally do. You can probably wait and buy them there.

24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I've got a few season 5 episodes on Amazon Instant Video but if a box set is released, I'll buy it too.

There's also Hulu, which will probably eventually have season 5 if they don't already. (I haven't checked recently.)

25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I waited for a complete series blu ray box set release. I intend to wait until that happens. Hopefully, I'll live long enough.

Darkslayer and Krueger like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.