main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Season 6/ Bonus Material Discussion (Spoiler Free)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by InterestingLurker, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Sadly this is not a planned ending which is why I'm afraid of season six episodes getting cut into just 1-3 arcs which is worse than cherry picking them to me.

2. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Still no word on season six?

3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Nope

4. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Just waiting on more word about when this Bonus Material will show up.

darklordoftech likes this.
  5. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    I wonder if the remaining arcs are in fact simply the material that was produced for the "season 5" batch of production episodes (26 episodes each).

Which would mean we have roughly between 15 to 18 eps remaining (because Clovis is actually part of the s4 batch, and the s5 finale arc was actually production numbers 5.08-5.11). It would make sense that this is roughly what the bonus episodes cover. Of course, if the bounty arc is cut, that number's reduced.

6. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

I so would like to see that Bounty Hunter arc... Still, at least we know we will have at least 3 arcs which since its been said that the Yoda/Sifo-Dyas and the Order 66 arc is 4 episodes each and we know Clovis is 3 that is 11 episodes which is half a season, which is better then 2 that some people thought we may be getting. If we get another 2 arcs that would equal to over 3/4 of a season and if there were 6 arcs then it would be a whole season.

7. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Is it safe to think a full but last season will be released in the fall, its usual release time?

8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    No idea, really, it's like they refuse to give us a release date

9. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

Probably not yet. But its looking increasingly likely that we will be getting half a season at least.

10. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    All I ask for is closure, no matter if it's single episodes or arcs.

11. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    I am with you on that

Finish the Maul Arc
    Have Battle of Coruscant with Palps getting captured

Have those and i'll be a happy camper

12. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

I don't think you will be a happy camper. I believe it was confirmed by Sam Witwer that the last voice-over stuff he recorded for Maul was the Mandalore arc. It is a possibility that they could finish him off in the dark times show now.

13. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013

You keep calling it a "season..." You get that that is not what we're getting, right?

14. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Do you really know that?

darklordoftech likes this.
  15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Technically 11-13 episodes could be called a season. Its just these won't air on TV and thus apparently won't be called a season. I'm fine with other shows ending on a shorten 13 episode season but I think with TCW I'd feel more ripped off. I still do considering JAT and some others said season 6 is in the bag yet we may only give a few arcs. I would welcome the entire season even if it so happens"Rebels" writes it out of existence. I am suspicious Rebels plays a part in the reduced Bonus Content.

16. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

Didn't they say they were no longer making episodes for Cartoon Network? Technically that could mean they may air on another channel...

Is there a limited number on what 'few' is? It's hard to judge that, but if we get 5 arcs that would be a season.

17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I don't think its impossible they could air. There are many ways these episodes could be released. I wouldn't mind it if it was a few at a time to give us something to chew on for the next year and a half or so.

18. Praenomen Cognomen

Mar 24, 2013

Well whatever it is, I'm pretty sure they can't call it a season. Probably has to do with their Warner Brothers contract. If it were a season, they would call it that, instead of alarming people with the term "bonus content."

But there's more to it than that; you've been referring to what you'd like to see (like in the Ahsoka's Fate thread), but most of those things have been excluded from possibility because voice recording stopped dead in its tracks at the time of the announcement. That means, in all likelihood, no more Ahsoka... and definitely no more Maul (Sam Witwer said we'd seen everything he's recorded). And no Battle of Coruscant, because that would be season 8, and they hadn't recorded voicework for season 8 yet. They seem to have been just starting on voicework for season 7, and possibly doing any necessary re-records for parts of season 6. (<---this is what I see preventing the latter portion of the would-be season 6 content from being released... no ability to do re-record sessions for anything which turned out not to work).

But I was just making sure you had the details on that stuff, because you didn't seem to realize that it's not proceeding like a normal season's production; it's just touch-up on whatever was in the pipeline. No new voice recording sessions = No opportunities to tweak the stories and create closure.

19. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Yeah, but, besides the Witmer statement on Darth Maul, wasn't production on these season 6 or bonus content episodes started a year ago? If that's the case, shouldn't we expect a wrap-up of the show in at least a full season? Three arcs doesn't sound like wrapping up — at least not what I've heard about so far.

20. Praenomen Cognomen

Mar 24, 2013

No... that's the whole reason for the uproar. There is no wrap-up. We're just getting what was already in the production pipeline; the crew had no opportunity to plan for it, and are simply being allowed to salvage stuff that was in partial stages of completion. No edits to the story at all.

EDIT: And this is the general consensus, by the way... culled from tweets and press releases and interviews and everything. There's no single page I can direct you to to prove it... just months of paying attention to the details.

And to clarify, yes, production starts well in advance... but 8 seasons were planned. That means that even if we do see all of season 6, it still won't be a conclusion to the show. While production on a season starts well over a year before (I think it was up to two or three), that's specifically because the production of a season also takes two or three years.

In other words, they're not just getting them in the can and putting them on the shelf; production continues until pretty close to their release.

21. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Oh for bummer's sake

22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    As I said I could call 11-13 episodes a season but the show is cancelled regardless. Its just gonna stop as is what typically happens when any show on one of the big 3 kids networks is canned no matter who is responsible. There is no wrap up. We just get some left overs. There is this thing called Save the Clone Wars (see my sig) trying to get as much of that stuff as possible released.

We can hope of is for Maul to get a new character arc in "Rebels to conclude him. He does need to get killed off at some point. I was talking to some folks in my training class for my new position at work and honestly kinda frightened by some of them assuming Maul was going to be the villain in Ep7 without having knowledge TCW brought him back and only knowing he was bisected with some crazy logic. I did point them to TCW however and am my Blu-rays will be making some rounds there. =)

23. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    I hate to say it, but this show kind of let me down. They've spent so much money on some of the meaningless and subpar stoytelling that I can see why Disney wouldn't care less about continuing it. At least with Lego Wars, we knew it was meant for kids. But this series bounced around so much, I might as well be watching Lego Wars. I can't wait to see what's not installed for us in "Rebels", though. ;)

24. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Pfft, TCW was ur favourite show of all time, u just won't admit it ;) :p

25. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    I only wish. :(

Darth Vader likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.